Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
firmagileesoknpke2.gif

blissfulrectangularatoykai.gif

All the pieces are coming together nicely for Real now, with Ronaldo hitting form again. Surely they'll get at least one away goal at the Allianz.

For Madrid - 50 champions league games 51 goals, don't think that includes today's goals either. Overall, more goals then games for them across all competitions.

Insane statistics.

I don't really see how anyone can disagree, he clearly is.

For Madrid - 50 champions league games 51 goals, don't think that includes today's goals either. Overall, more goals then games for them across all competitions.

Insane statistics.

Christ that's ridiculous. It's one thing doing that in the league but the Champions League is another story.

Oh hi Hectic, nice to have you with us again, you obviously haven't met malapapper yet :D

Thanks FF, I'm sure he would find it very difficult to argue otherwise. Messi hasn't been as effective as Ronaldo this season and his record in CL this year is ridiculous.

Christ that's ridiculous. It's one thing doing that in the league but the Champions League is another story.

Exactly, a lot of people discounted his earlier insane stats of equaling or scoring more goals per games in La Liga, but it puts it into perspective when it's the same for CL. I think it's 51 games, 53 goals now. I mean what the feck.

very strange how 2 years ago no one could even contemplate asking whether ronaldo was better then messi.. messi was just that much more superior then any other footballer in the world.. yet two years later messi has only regressed (possibly through fault of only injury), and ronaldo has progressed to the point where suddenly he's unquestionably the best.

football really is a fickle thing.

He's an absolute machine. The best in the world in my opinion and looks likely to lead Madrid to a tenth Champions League title.

With the World Cup coming up this summer, this could be an absolutely incredible year for Ronaldo.

Insane statistics.
250 goals in 243 games in all competitions too since he joined them. Ridiculous.

250 goals in 243 games in all competitions too since he joined them. Ridiculous.

He's also notched up 49 in 110 for Portugal, which while not as impressive as his Madrid stats do start at 2003, including less prolific years and to be fair an inferior team to Madrid. Not a bad go.

Done, what a player. Best player in the world right now*.

*Malappapper may disagree
:D Incredible player. Good luck to him in the final if it's Chelsea. If it's Atletico then I hope he scores a couple of own goals though!

very strange how 2 years ago no one could even contemplate asking whether ronaldo was better then messi.. messi was just that much more superior then any other footballer in the world.. yet two years later messi has only regressed (possibly through fault of only injury), and ronaldo has progressed to the point where suddenly he's unquestionably the best.

football really is a fickle thing.
We were close to losing to Dortmund though. If barca got past atletico and we went out and if messi were to score in the semi finals then people would be saying messi is better like they were after the 4-3 classico. Its all reactionary and very silly imo. For me messi is the best when hes is on form as he doesn't need as much space as Ronaldo to perform

He's also notched up 49 in 110 for Portugal, which while not as impressive as his Madrid stats do start at 2003, including less prolific years and to be fair an inferior team to Madrid. Not a bad go.

It's in 2006/2007 that Ronaldo started to score regularly, it'd been interesting to know how many goals he's scored and how many games he's had for Portugal since then. I think the ratio would be really impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.