Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Jesus some posters obsession with Ronaldo never ceases to amaze me :lol: if people can't see how much of a better team we are in the second part of this season without him, and how much he limited our play earlier on in the season and even last season clearly has no clue about football.

Plus people have every right to be pissed at him for the way he treated the club and EtH in his last couple of months, it was ridiculously unprofessional and it's indefensible.
I think he needed to go and his departure let Rashford step up but I think it’s highly exaggerated that just him leaving made everything click again and that we’re a now massively cohesive unit. Signing players like Casemiro, Eriksen and Martinez had a gigantic impact on our improvement because of their individual quality but our overall standard of play hasn’t improved dramatically. You saw how our form noticeably nose dived over the last few weeks when those players were out injured/suspended. The games against West Ham, Newcastle, Liverpool and Fulham were so so bad.
Also we’re playing with Weghorst up front who is so utterly useless and completely out of sync with the rest of the team at times and whom has contributed about three goals in 400 games. Ronaldo probably, in fact definitely would have caused issues with the team spirit but he wouldn’t have been as useless as Weghorst us as a striker.

I don't hate Ronaldo, I just don't like and support him anymore. I kind of feel embarrased defending this egoistic "me,me,me" guy all these years thinking the same way you are but the reality is that he just used us to get to his dream club. He is not a legend for me and yes, even if ETH was here for 2 weeks in total I would have had his side. Period.
He became a dick the moment his performances spiked at United and he got his moved to Madrid. It was telling when he became furious the moment Madrid signed Bale and Bale became more expensive than him. He is an asshole plain and simple.

The problem is, his behaviour was ignored by his fans, apparently it’s socially acceptable to be a dick if you can back it up with performances. I get it, he was exceptional at his peak and we can all appreciate that. But his cultist fans continue to forgive him even though he can no longer back it up. That is the most baffling thing.

He became a dick the moment his performances spiked at United and he got his moved to Madrid. It was telling when he became furious the moment Madrid signed Bale and Bale became more expensive than him. He is an asshole plain and simple.

The problem is, his behaviour was ignored by his fans, apparently it’s socially acceptable to be a dick if you can back it up with performances. I get it, he was exceptional at his peak and we can all appreciate that. But his cultist fans continue to forgive him even though he can no longer back it up. That is the most baffling thing.

That's not what's happening though, I've said it was the right decision to part ways with him this season, but I still respect him as a united legend for what he did in his first spell.

What the feck are you talking about last season cavani refused to play except for Uruguay, martial was away on loan, greenwood was arrested. Ronaldo ended up having to play 90 mins multiple times a week. This season we spent a quarter billion and got eriksen on a free. All of which have played way more than cavani did last year. Who else are we missing this year that we could rotate in from last year?
Who is talking about striker situation specifically? I'm talking for the whole squad. We rotated the midfield where Mata, Matic, Lingard and other chipped in some games. This season we barely have 10-12 players capable of starting for us.

You got to be trolling at this point claiming that there is no progress.

Who is talking about striker situation specifically? I'm talking for the whole squad. We rotated the midfield where Mata, Matic, Lingard and other chipped in some games. This season we barely have 10-12 players capable of starting for us.

You got to be trolling at this point claiming that there is no progress.

Of course there's been progress, that's literally what I'm arguing. We have a coach who knows what he's doing this year, we have an actual midfield for the first time in ages. We spent a quarter of a billion. The fact we've made so much progress in other areas but aren't that much better off in the league suggests Ronaldo was offering quite a bit up front last year. If he wasn't, given how much progress we've made in having a proper manager, an actual midfield and rashford performing well, we'd be about 15 points ahead of where we were last year

Well last season we were in the champions league where Ronaldo scored 6 goals iirc. Again, last season we had a 37 year old playing 3 times a week, Zidane recognised that Ronaldo needed to manage his minutes 6 or 7 years ago when he was playing at Madrid, but because cavani only gave a shit abod Uruguay, greenwood got suspended and Martial was so shit we sent him on loan, we had to run Ronaldo in to the ground.

This year we added 300m worth of players (about 250m in signings plus the value of eriksen on a free). We should be doing a lot better, I'd be seriously questioning ten hag if he spent a quarter of a billion and we weren't doing a lot better
Of course there's been progress, that's literally what I'm arguing. We have a coach who knows what he's doing this year, we have an actual midfield for the first time in ages. We spent a quarter of a billion. The fact we've made so much progress in other areas but aren't that much better off in the league suggests Ronaldo was offering quite a bit up front last year. If he wasn't, given how much progress we've made in having a proper manager, an actual midfield and rashford performing well, we'd be about 15 points ahead of where we were last year

He played 38 games total last season. Hardly three times a week. We didn't run him into the ground but yes our striker situation was and still is tragic. from last season we have lost Cavani, Ronaldo and the other guy permanently and Martial has not completed 90 minutes yet so even without a striker apart from Wout we've been better.

You keep focusing on the league because currently it is the only barometer by which you can claim Ronaldo was offering a lot ( apart from his goals he offered next to nothing and was a bad dressing room influence) . Wait till the end of the season then even that one thread will be gone because we will be clearly better in points and position. And again we are much better off in almost every single metric and competition but because you have said we need to be 12/15 points better off in the league than last season (which might still happen) you use that one data point to claim Ronaldo was offering quite a bit.

He played 38 games total last season. Hardly three times a week. We didn't run him into the ground but yes our striker situation was and still is tragic. from last season we have lost Cavani, Ronaldo and the other guy permanently and Martial has not completed 90 minutes yet so even without a striker apart from Wout we've been better.

You keep focusing on the league because currently it is the only barometer by which you can claim Ronaldo was offering a lot ( apart from his goals he offered next to nothing and was a bad dressing room influence) . Wait till the end of the season then even that one thread will be gone because we will be clearly better in points and position. And again we are much better off in almost every single metric and competition but because you have said we need to be 12/15 points better off in the league than last season (which might still happen) you use that one data point to claim Ronaldo was offering quite a bit.

Well it was more a specific period where we ran him in to the ground, from around January to March I think, once we were out of the champions league it was a bit easier. But one of the weeks where we played atletico I think Ronaldo played 90 mins, 80 mins then 90 mins in the space of a week. By any barometer Ronaldo was offering something. He basically single-handedly got us out of the champions league group, we're doing well in the europa league which we didn't play in last year. I'm saying we have ten hag instead of solskjaer/rangnick. We have a quarter billion in extra signings, we should be doing an awful lot better than last year, we are doing better but I'd say that's a lot more down to our signings and better manager, than losing Ronaldo.

The better without Ronaldo stuff kinda reminds me of the van nistelrooy argument where people say we were better without him, all he offered was goals. But that ignored us signing vidic, evra and Carrick. And Rooney and Ronaldo maturing as players. It wasn't van nistelrooy's fault we didn't play as well during the seasons he was our striker, and it wasn't getting rid of him that was the big improvement, it was everything around him changing at the same time, correlation does not equal causation

What the feck are you talking about last season cavani refused to play except for Uruguay, martial was away on loan, greenwood was arrested. Ronaldo ended up having to play 90 mins multiple times a week. This season we spent a quarter billion and got eriksen on a free. All of which have played way more than cavani did last year. Who else are we missing this year that we could rotate in from last year?
I wonder why Martial went on loan and Cavani turned sour…..
We lost Pogba, Matic, Mata and Lingard as midfield option going in to this season.

We are playing better now that we were in the. 20/21 season, so there is no disrespect to ten Hag or his signings here.

I wonder why Martial went on loan and Cavani turned sour…..
We lost Pogba, Matic, Mata and Lingard as midfield option going in to this season.

We are playing better now that we were in the. 20/21 season, so there is no disrespect to ten Hag or his signings here.

Well martial went on loan because it was before the greenwood stuff so he was clearly not in the first team plans but that threw a wrench in things, though by that point martial was always gone.

And so it's OK for cavani to decide to throw a tantrum for not being first choice? That's ronaldo's fault. And yet in 20/21 we finished with 74 points, which you keep pointing to as the reason why Ronaldo made us worse, yet we might not reach that total this year.

It seems like you just dislike Ronaldo, which is fine, he csn be a prick, and there's plenty reasons people might dislike him

Well it was more a specific period where we ran him in to the ground, from around January to March I think, once we were out of the champions league it was a bit easier. But one of the weeks where we played atletico I think Ronaldo played 90 mins, 80 mins then 90 mins in the space of a week. By any barometer Ronaldo was offering something. He basically single-handedly got us out of the champions league group, we're doing well in the europa league which we didn't play in last year. I'm saying we have ten hag instead of solskjaer/rangnick. We have a quarter billion in extra signings, we should be doing an awful lot better than last year, we are doing better but I'd say that's a lot more down to our signings and better manager, than losing Ronaldo.

So he played three games a week once and offered us something. Great we are in agreement. Good riddance

Well martial went on loan because it was before the greenwood stuff so he was clearly not in the first team plans but that threw a wrench in things, though by that point martial was always gone.

And so it's OK for cavani to decide to throw a tantrum for not being first choice? That's ronaldo's fault. And yet in 20/21 we finished with 74 points, which you keep pointing to as the reason why Ronaldo made us worse, yet we might not reach that total this year.

It seems like you just dislike Ronaldo, which is fine, he csn be a prick, and there's plenty reasons people might dislike him
Cavani, Martial, Rashford went missing because the place stunk and we had a 37 year old who didn’t like to share minutes, work defensively and only played for himself.
The numbers show that we were on average 0,5 points per game worse with him both with ten Hag and with Ole/Ragnick than without him. Ten Hag has done slightly better both with him and without than Ole/Ragnick. Points per game since he left is on par with 84 points over 38 games. You seem to forget that Ronaldo stunk up this place for half this season as well when you compare this season to last season.

The better without Ronaldo stuff kinda reminds me of the van nistelrooy argument where people say we were better without him, all he offered was goals. But that ignored us signing vidic, evra and Carrick. And Rooney and Ronaldo maturing as players. It wasn't van nistelrooy's fault we didn't play as well during the seasons he was our striker, and it wasn't getting rid of him that was the big improvement, it was everything around him changing at the same time, correlation does not equal causation
We ARE better without him though mate, and that's a fact. Our general play is just better now he's not the focal point anymore.

Van Nistelrooy offered much more in terms of hold-up and link-up play as well as a shit ton of goals. By the end of his time here Ronaldo wasn't offering any of those things.

Van Nistelrooy wasn't the problem then, the real problem was the financial investment into the team at that time went into the likes of Bellion, Kleberson, Djemba Djemba, Liam Milller, Alan Smith etc., all the while Keane was fading and Ronaldo himself had no end product.

We ARE better without him though mate, and that's a fact. Our general play is just better now he's not the focal point anymore.

Its not like he wasnt shit for us this season anyway. Ship has sailed... to Saudi Arabia.

Yeah this season we are, I'm talking about him last year where he was the third top scorer in the Premier league, if we'd had all our signings from this year and ten hag we'd have done much better, putting last seasons failings on Ronaldo isn't fair when you see how we're still barely a top 4 side with a much better manager and a quarter billion of signings

Cavani, Martial, Rashford went missing because the place stunk and we had a 37 year old who didn’t like to share minutes, work defensively and only played for himself.

The numbers show that we were on average 0,5 points per game worse with him both with ten Hag and with Ole/Rangnick than without him. Ten Hag has done slightly better both with him and without than Ole/Rangnick. Points per game since he left is on par with 84 points over 38 games. You seem to forget that Ronaldo stunk up this place for half this season as well when you compare this season to last season.

No mate. Its all a coincidence. Nothing at all with Ronaldo:lol:

The numbers show that we were on average 0,5 points per game worse with him both with ten Hag and with Ole/Rangnick than without him. Ten Hag has done slightly better both with him and without than Ole/Rangnick. Points per game since he left is on par with 84 points over 38 games. You seem to forget that Ronaldo stunk up this place for half this season as well when you compare this season to last season.

He played a little over 500 minutes in the league this season, not even 6 full games, stinking up the place for half a season is really pushing it.

Ole's run in, in 20/21, was 11 points from our last 7 games, and 63 in 31 before that, we also lost the europa league final, it's quite obvious that things weren't quite right regardless, ole benefited from Fernandes being ridiculously good for a while, but that was already going before Ronaldo joined

I'm not suggesting he was ridiculously good last season, but there was more factors than just looking at with Ronaldo and without. We overplayed him last season, he clearly didn't have the legs to play as much as he did. Pogba was looking for a way out, greenwood getting arrested didn't help.

You see it as way too black and white that it's all about ronaldo, when really there were far more factors in what was different between the seasons

That's how many managers now Ronaldo had in the last 5 years? Probably close to 10.

Ten Hag is the only surviver.

Yep, look how fantastic juventus have been the last two seasons without Ronaldo

21/22 - 70 points total, 57 goals scored
22/23 so far 44 points (with a 15 point deduction), 47 goals scored

Ronaldo's last season with an amateur in pirlo managing

20/21 78 points total, 77 goals scored.

@jm99 are you @Cal? 's son? :D :lol:

There Just needs to be some balance in the thread when people like you hate on every single thing the guy does :lol:

I mean last page someone posted a fake graphic and all the usual haters took it as gospel

Yep, look how fantastic juventus have been the last two seasons without Ronaldo

21/22 - 70 points total, 57 goals scored
22/23 so far 44 points (with a 15 point deduction), 47 goals scored

Ronaldo's last season with an amateur in pirlo managing

20/21 78 points total, 77 goals scored.
He started their downfall since he cost them close to 300m - transfer fee + wages with all the added bonuses.
Instead of buying promising players they went all in for CR.

He started their downfall since he cost them close to 300m - transfer fee + wages with all the added bonuses.
Instead of buying promising players they went all in for CR.

That's not what people argued though, they argued his on field performance made them worse.

Also I seem to remember them buying de ligt while Ronaldo was there, maybe there finances weren't great because they're a bunch of cheating cnuts.

Is this the same way Messi is responsible for Barca's downfall with his 600m contract?

That's not what people argued though, they argued his on field performance made them worse.

Also I seem to remember them buying de ligt while Ronaldo was there, maybe there finances weren't great because they're a bunch of cheating cnuts.

Is this the same way Messi is responsible for Barca's downfall with his 600m contract?
But that wasn't just Messi. They were giving lucrative contracts to every player back then.

But that wasn't just Messi. They were giving lucrative contracts to every player back then.

And juventus weren't given Aaron Ramsey and the like ridiculous contracts? You just don't like Ronaldo, you don't have to try and make up stuff, juventus were declining when Ronaldo joined and continued to decline when he left. They spent 70m on vlahovic replacing him, and they've scored a shitload less goals, Ronaldo was not the problem with juventus

Embarrassing putting Wreck-It in that list. He did a sterling job fecking things up on his own.

Not to mention he was only signed on a 6 month managerial contract and would have been leaving regardless.

And that allegri and sarri both won the league title. It seems like another made-up graphic that the haters in here eat up

And juventus weren't given Aaron Ramsey and the like ridiculous contracts? You just don't like Ronaldo, you don't have to try and make up stuff, juventus were declining when Ronaldo joined and continued to decline when he left. They spent 70m on vlahovic replacing him, and they've scored a shitload less goals, Ronaldo was not the problem with juventus
Free transfers always had big salaries due to high signing on fees. Look at Alaba and Rudiger salaries.

I think he needed to go and his departure let Rashford step up but I think it’s highly exaggerated that just him leaving made everything click again and that we’re a now massively cohesive unit. Signing players like Casemiro, Eriksen and Martinez had a gigantic impact on our improvement because of their individual quality but our overall standard of play hasn’t improved dramatically. You saw how our form noticeably nose dived over the last few weeks when those players were out injured/suspended. The games against West Ham, Newcastle, Liverpool and Fulham were so so bad.
Also we’re playing with Weghorst up front who is so utterly useless and completely out of sync with the rest of the team at times and whom has contributed about three goals in 400 games. Ronaldo probably, in fact definitely would have caused issues with the team spirit but he wouldn’t have been as useless as Weghorst us as a striker.

wouldn't any team have their form drop off when 2 of their best players are out? Obviously, it depends who their back ups are...most teams don't have depth like city and you'd see a drop off if you remove their best player and a realy good player

Free transfers always had big salaries due to high signing on fees. Look at Alaba and Rudiger salaries.

Regardless, people say juventus were worse with Ronaldo on the pitch. They spent 76m on vlahovic, which is only 24m less than Ronaldo but they got 15m back from selling Ronaldo, and they have gotten much worse on the pitch. They score less goals, they finish with less points.

You seem awfully keen to blame Ronaldo. Messi had a 600m contract for 4 years, but it was the other players who caused their financial difficulties? You don't think the other players at barcelona negotiated for more when one player was earning almost 3m a week?

wouldn't any team have their form drop off when 2 of their best players are out? Obviously, it depends who their back ups are...most teams don't have depth like city and you'd see a drop off if you remove their best player and a realy good player

Well yes, that's the point, we didn't have those players last year alongside Ronaldo we had big gaping holes that desperately needed these signings

Regardless, people say juventus were worse with Ronaldo on the pitch. They spent 76m on vlahovic, which is only 24m less than Ronaldo but they got 15m back from selling Ronaldo, and they have gotten much worse on the pitch. They score less goals, they finish with less points.

You seem awfully keen to blame Ronaldo. Messi had a 600m contract for 4 years, but it was the other players who caused their financial difficulties? You don't think the other players at barcelona negotiated for more when one player was earning almost 3m a week?
Do you realize Ronaldo's salary would usually cover for at least 3-4 very good players in the past?
ylZkeKS.jpeg
He completely broke their wage structure

Do you realize Ronaldo's salary would usually cover for at least 3-4 very good players in the past?
ylZkeKS.jpeg
He completely broke their wage structure

So Ronaldo's 31m would have paid for 3-4 good players, does that, mena Messi at 150m would have paid for an entire first 11 and bench. Yet, you try and justify one and criticise the other, even though over messi's last4 year contract barcelona won no champions leagues and 2 or 3 league titles, and juventus won no champions leagues and 2 league titles over ronaldo's 3 year contracts.

Not to mention juventus wete able to buy de ligt while Ronaldo was there and vlahovic 4 months after he left, there finances clearly weren't that restrictive.

So Ronaldo's 31m would have paid for 3-4 good players, does that, mena Messi at 150m would have paid for an entire first 11 and bench. Yet, you try and justify one and criticise the other, even though over messi's last4 year contract barcelona won no champions leagues and 2 or 3 league titles, and juventus won no champions leagues and 2 league titles over ronaldo's 3 year contracts.

Not to mention juventus wete able to buy de ligt while Ronaldo was there and vlahovic 4 months after he left, there finances clearly weren't that restrictive.
They started cooking books after they bought Ronaldo ffs