Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

You do realise this was just edited because Ronaldo was playing against him, don’t you?

He’s actually a decent ‘keeper (not out of this world, but decent).

In case you still aren’t sure, he has only just moved to Saudi this season and definitely wasn’t there, working in McDonalds, in 2020. And of course he isn’t blind.

The Ronaldo jealousy lives on.

You do realise this was just edited because Ronaldo was playing against him, don’t you?

In case you still aren’t sure, he has only just moved to Saudi this season and definitely wasn’t there, working in McDonalds, in 2020. And of course he isn’t blind.

Its just a troll account. He's doing his job in that respect.

But it's just your opinion.. man..
I know, but I am just trying to bring some balance there. There‘s one extreme describing him as “terrible” during his early years here, with almost nothing positive, and there’s another extreme (from George Best the man himself) saying that’s he felt complimented when people comparing the same young Ronaldo as new George Best.

This is an incredible and unexpected return to form for Ronaldo but it’s not quite enough to dethrone Ighalo who also picked up another brace last night. What a league this is.

Amazing again yesterday and surely too good for the Saudi league. Somebody has to snap him up in the summer.

Last edited:
I know, but I am just trying to bring some balance there. There‘s one extreme describing him as “terrible” during his early years here, with almost nothing positive, and there’s another extreme (from George Best the man himself) saying that’s he felt complimented when people comparing the same young Ronaldo as new George Best.
The other guy’s was an opinion too (albeit poor one). There’s no way SAF would’ve kept playing him as much as he did between 2003-2006 if he was really that terrible.

Wish you have seen the Big Lebowski

This is an incredible and unexpected return to form for Ronaldo but it’s not quite enough to dethrone Ighalo who also picked up another brace last night. What a league this is.

I didn't know Igahlo was there. Apparently he has 61 goals in 77 games for playing for Saudi teams. Kind of puts it all in perspective really.

And no R9 was never a dribbler like this. You're just being nostalgic.

Ronaldo had incredible balance, ball control and acceleration…he beat players for fun. It’s one of the things he was best known for at the time, nothing to do with nostalgia. What are you talking about?

Zinedine Zidane said:
”There are many things I like about Ronaldo, but I will never forget the UEFA Cup final of 1998, against Lazio. Down the left flank, that move against Alessandro Nesta. That gesture that I am talking about is a little dribble that in my opinion defines his whole game.”

Luis Enrique said:
“We’re now used to seeing Messi dribble past six players, but not then. He was strong, a beast. A kid as well.”

Ruud van Nistelrooy said:
The Brazilian Ronaldo was the best player I played with. The goal I scored against Fulham, which was exceptional for me, for him it was more like his standard. His natural ability was far beyond anything that I’ve played alongside.”

Last edited:

Do I believe that professional players in the richest league in Asia, where average salaries are above USD 1 million, need to work part-time at McDonalds ? No I don't... Do I believe a club in that league would employ a half blind GK? No I don't...

It is a troll account. And it is still funny because compared to the level Ronaldo have played in for almost 20 years (UCL and Europe's top 3 leagues) the Saudi league is still kind of an amateur level retirement league. This despite the money being spent over there...

So you prefer an Inzaghi over a Maradona? Goals are king ya?
I get the point you are trying to make but Maradona actually had a slightly better goals per game ratio in Serie A than Inzaghi, as surprising as that might be. (And if we look at their careers as a whole, he scored more goals in fewer games than Inzaghi)

Ronaldo had incredible balance, ball control and acceleration…he beat players for fun. It’s one of the things he was best known for at the time, nothing to do with nostalgia. What are you talking about?

It doesnt even include his legendary solo goal for Barca. But yeah, I remember during his peak(which was short tbf) that R9 was the best dribbler in world, with players like Giggs, Nedved and Figo and probably some others I forget about duking it out as the 2nd best dribblers in the world.

Last edited:
It doesnt even include his legendary solo goal for Barca. But yeah, I remember during his peak(which was short tbf) that R9 was the best dribbler in world, with players like Giggs, Nedved and Figo and probably some others I forget about duking it out as the 2nd best dribblers in the world.

Yeah, I think all you need to show about that goal is…

bobby-robson-disbeliefwhat.gif

It’s just a mad comment. It wouldn’t be surprising if you never see another goal like that, and there were countless games where he did things that were unbelievable. There wasn’t anyone else that could dribble like Ronaldo.

Yeah, I think all you need to show about that goal is…

bobby-robson-disbeliefwhat.gif

It’s just a mad comment. It wouldn’t be surprising if you never see another goal like that, and there were countless games where he did things that were unbelievable. There wasn’t anyone else that could dribble like Ronaldo.

Starts at 2.07

Amazing again yesterday and surely too good for the Saudi league. Somebody has to snap him up in the summer.

I think he’s going to try and play club football to keep fit for Portugal. I think he’s done with difficult schedules and there’s no point playing in Europe if it’s not a top top team.

I think he’s eyeing the Euros one last dance

Actually i think it was Giggs who said Cristiano was the most sensitive to Fergies hairdryer treatment and would frequently burst into tears.
Interesting because his attitude on the pitch was to learn and improve. Rio also commented about them kicking him in training and he responded by getting tougher and putting them on their asses.

But truth is, Keane’s methods would be considered toxic by today’s soft standards.

Interesting because his attitude on the pitch was to learn and improve. Rio also commented about them kicking him in training and he responded by getting tougher and putting them on their asses.

But truth is, Keane’s methods would be considered toxic by today’s soft standards.

Being sensitive then doesnt exclude a perfectionist attitude towards improving his mentality and his game.

*Imagine paying 200m to not make any progress and drop even further down the table.

just let it be. its a bit sad for me that this thread is always on the first page of redcafe. cristiano was a top top player for us in his first few years and i loved his football at that time. he had his best years at real and is one of the goats. his second stint was like a second stint with an old love, it doesnt work in 9 out of 10 times. now he is playing in an irrelevant league. end of story.

just let it be. its a bit sad for me that this thread is always on the first page of redcafe. cristiano was a top top player for us in his first few years and i loved his football at that time. he had his best years at real and is one of the goats. his second stint was like a second stint with an old love, it doesnt work in 9 out of 10 times. now he is playing in an irrelevant league. end of story.
After his behaviour during that second stint, he deserves all the criticism and schadenfreude that comes his way.

Insane progress I would say. Absolute bang for buck.

I mean we spent 440m going from 2nd under mourinho to 7th under solskjaer/rangnick. In that context 200m to stay the same isn't too bad.

Seriously though, he's playing in Saudi Arabia, it's not a great standard, why are people making up stats to try and make him look bad, it's a bit weird

I mean we spent 440m going from 2nd under mourinho to 7th under solskjaer/rangnick. In that context 200m to stay the same isn't too bad.

Seriously though, he's playing in Saudi Arabia, it's not a great standard, why are people making up stats to try and make him look bad, it's a bit weird
Apart from the fact that he dicked around with the club, disrespected his teammates and the manager, its really weird that he is at the receiving end of trolling.

Apart from the fact that he dicked around with the club, disrespected his teammates and the manager, its really weird that he is at the receiving end of trolling.

You know, for some reason, I don't believe he's actually reading the redcafe football forums, so it's not really him at the receiving end of trolling.

He did also play a huge part in our last champions league win and three league titles, for me, thay means a lot more than whatever happened in his second spell at 37 years old