Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

I wonder if he looked more like Jolean Lescott or Steve Sidwell would he have as many fanboys.

I have been bitter about him since he left us in 2009, so no fan of his. But having just watched that full clip of him with Rio discussing, can't really say I disagree with him.

I agree with what some of the others have posted here that ETH is an easy target now, but that doesn't mean what Ronaldo said about him is wrong. ETH comes across as so arrogant when talking about his own shortcomings and yet is happy to play the underdog card when it comes to the club. It just doesn't work like that.

He is right about needing a strong foundation of not just players, but the entire club. This includes the medical team, training ground, gym, coaches, style of play, players, manager, DOF, CEO, and so on. As I see it now, there are ongoing power struggles within everything.

The undisputed top scorer of the game, who once wore red for almost a decade. That's enough for me to consider him a United legend.

He’s really just talking shite. Having a whinge about the club not challenging for the league and champions league right now while simultaneously claiming that the club needs to be rebuilt from the ground up to be successful. Make your mind up!

Then there’s all the stuff about the ex players needing to be more involved. While the majority of fans just wish they’d stop sticking their oars in.

He’s really just talking shite. Having a whinge about the club not challenging for the league and champions league right now while simultaneously claiming that the club needs to be rebuilt from the ground up to be successful. Make your mind up!

Then there’s all the stuff about the ex players needing to be more involved. While the majority of fans just wish they’d stop sticking their oars in.
Its all promotion. Rio and Co support him and hel support them.

Yup! Can’t believe people buying into his comments

There's more comments where he talks about how amazing he was, basically putting the blame on everyone but him.

He's only out to make himself look good and justify his behaviour.

Both things can be right at the same time. Yes, the team needs to be rebuilt, but the winning mentality should always be there. The drive, the desire, the identity, the fight. We have become a team that gives up so easily. ETH doesn't help himself by giving excuses for everything and then putting up the two trophies argument.

I would say the majority of online fans on platforms like the Caf or those on Reddit who go in detailed discussions wish this. Not the majority of fans I've met in real life or at the stadium.

It might be wrong to feel this, but I definitely feel more comfortable when people who have been associated with the club in the past are involved, rather than complete outsiders like LVG or ETH who try and take us in a totally different direction that just doesn't work. I guess that's the reason we've had figures like Giggs and Ruud appointed as assistants to these guys to keep semblance of connection with the ethos of the club.

And I understand, the completely logical amongst us are going to scoff at this and say we should be just getting the best people for the jobs, but other big clubs like Real, Barca, Bayern, Juventus etc are proof that continued success relies on maintaining a connection with what made you successful in the first place.

Either you need figures like Klopp (hate that I have to use him as an example) who completely immerse themselves in the culture of the club, or you need figures who can provide an anchor for relative "outsiders" and help them maintain the connection with the club.

Ronaldo is spot on. Having the right mentality is a prerequisite to winning titles. It all starts in the mind and for a good decade I’ve felt most our players get mentally overwhelmed too easily and choke the moment a setback happens. This isn’t their fault as mental fortitude and resilience always comes from the top…the manager.

Sounds like you’re dismissing them, because you don’t like their reporting. Regarding investigative journalism, they are top notch.
Otherwise, I’m sure you’re also dismissive of the accusations regarding City. Or most accusations regarding the FIFA. After all, they were nearly all published by them.

Nah, my stance is Ronaldo is most likely a rapist. In fact, I'm willing to put my money on that.

But feck Der Spiegel. Having some gems doesn't change the fact that they have been proven to lie and their "corroboration and factchecking department" is a load of nonsense.

This.

Madrid legend
United were his stepping stone he loved Fergie not united
Madrid and United legend.

One of four Ballon D’or winners at the club. Impossible to do what he did on the pitch for us and not be a legend.

He's spot on. Every big club starts the season to win every competition they are playing. That is not the case with us as we start the season and hope to improve on the previous season. That should not be the case for one of the highest spenders every transfer window.

You have to manage expectations. When you have the best players out there then you can demand a championship. What good does it do when a team who can maybe scrap into the cl qualifying places suddenly talks about getting to first place. Ronaldo isn't the first top class player who doesn't seem to grasp this concept. When he was back again, he should have pulled a LeBron meaning to just take 200k/week and leave the rest for one or two big players.

• Talks in third person
  • Befriended Piers Morgan
  • Refused to stay on the bench when he's not playing (thinks he's above the club)
  • Always plays the old romance to win fans back but he spent his best years for other clubs
  • Became an ambassador for a MLM. Will probably be some sort of a legend to Herbal Life as Tom Cruise is to Scientology
Feck off Botoxnaldo.
He’s also been accused of rape.

Don't think what he said was too wrong regarding your first point. You can still know it's difficult but don't have to flat out say it's not happening, otherwise whats the point?

He reminds me a bit of Trump the way he's always stroking his own ego, and how fragile it seems to be at times.

That would mean like every 8th person on Earth follows him. Actually, cut the crap, full stop :lol:

edit: ah, accros all social media... still bs

Last edited:
How many do people reckon are bots? 900 million?
Also it's 1 billion across all platforms. So we can divide the number of non-bot followers by the number of platforms being counted because the same people are likely following him on all of them.

His YouTube strategy is smart and successful. Whoever works for him knows what they're doing.

Last edited: