Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Another source, if people is willing to read article by Mark Ogden. He predicted 4/5 chance that Ronaldo will feature in 2026 WC, held in US and others. No mention of illegal to enter US.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/40480808/will-ronaldo-lewandowski-messi-kane-2026-world-cup

Not to mention he was close to joining Kansas. You don't do that if there are legal doubts.

https://www.eurosport.com/football/...nassr-as-his-next-club_sto9294539/story.shtml

"According to ESPN, Ronaldo's representatives held talks with a number of MLS clubs, including extensive discussions with Sporting Kansas City.
Club owner Robb Heineman retweeted Twellman's report, seemingly confirming the accuracy of the story."

Good one, @SirAF . Although i can understand people is still misinformed about player they don't really care about.

Last edited:
I'm no Ronaldo fan at all - in fact I can't stand the guy - but @SirAF is right - he legally can enter the US, and he wouldn't be deep in negotiations with US clubs if he wasn't allowed to enter.

He's not going to get arrested at the border or anything like that.

Whether or not he is guilty of what he was accused of, is another matter.

I don't really have an opinion on whether or not Ronaldo can currently go to America without any concerns regarding the rape allegations he paid off. He may well be able to and he may well do so for the world cup. However, it is quite funny for your proof that someone can definitely safely go to America being that they totally thought about going there then didn't.

I don't really have an opinion on whether or not Ronaldo can currently go to America without any concerns regarding the rape allegations he paid off. He may well be able to and he may well do so for the world cup. However, it is quite funny for your proof that someone can definitely safely go to America being that they totally thought about going there then didn't.

This is silly and you know it. The part about the MLS interest was just a little bit of seasoning on top of the main course. There has been provided ample evidence that there are no legal issues concerning Ronaldo in the US any longer. It is not an opinion, it is a fact.

The criminal case was dropped in 2019, I believe and the civil suit got thrown out like last year.

This is silly and you know it. The part about the MLS interest was just a little bit of seasoning on top of the main course. There has been provided ample evidence that there are no legal issues concerning Ronaldo in the US any longer. It is not an opinion, it is a fact.
No, I am quite sure it is in fact you being silly.

Since it's come up, is he on record as yet saying he hopes to play in the world cup? I remember him saying the last one was his last but I don't know if he's updated that since.

Hmmm... Back to football? :angel:

He was immense for us these 2 games. Even I am surprised a bit. Not that I think he lacks quality even at this age, but he did do poorly in the Euros, and I wasn't expecting a rebound so good.

He had 3 or 4 backheel passes these 2 games that were play changing, and pure joy to watch in execution and technique. I wish I could find some GIFs. Defensively... unexpectedly good, too? Specially today. Link up play, fantastic. Creativeness in spades.

And all his best actions came while drifting, or wide, to the right and left. It's not a coincidence. I don't think I'll ever change my mind this guy should NOT play as a static 9, under any circumstances. At least let him be a fluid striker. He participates so much more and he's not too bad at it.

With time I really start to understand why he underperformed at the Euros. I think for once he put too much pressure on himself (not just with the obvious penalty miss, but throughout the whole tournament). He seemed much more at ease now. But just vague thoughts from me.

Hmmm... Back to football? :angel:

He was immense for us these 2 games. Even I am surprised a bit. Not that I think he lacks quality even at this age, but he did do poorly in the Euros, and I wasn't expecting a rebound so good.

He had 3 or 4 backheel passes these 2 games that were play changing, and pure joy to watch in execution and technique. I wish I could find some GIFs. Defensively... unexpectedly good, too? Specially today. Link up play, fantastic. Creativeness in spades.

And all his best actions came while drifting, or wide, to the right and left. It's not a coincidence. I don't think I'll ever change my mind this guy should NOT play as a static 9, under any circumstances. At least let him be a fluid striker. He participates so much more and he's not too bad at it.

With time I really start to understand why he underperformed at the Euros. I think for once he put too much pressure on himself (not just with the obvious penalty miss, but throughout the whole tournament). He seemed much more at ease now. But just vague thoughts from me.

100%, he was terrific. Could easily have had another goal or two as well.

I sometimes charitably wonder if Ronaldo fans are just not informed about his legal issues, but these last two pages indicate that some do in fact know all about them and still choose to cheer for him each and every time he scores a goal. Not surprising in the slightest but certainly quite depressing.

100%, he was terrific. Could easily have had another goal or two as well.

I've been often wondering why can't he play like this more times. Cause I think he's still got it in him on wider positions, and today and a few days ago, games he plays like these, really helps my case. I think there's issues in our system, we don't really know how to play with him, or the system doesn't attempt to play to his strengths, but maybe it's just age and he can't replicate it every match.

I am thinking he could have had an incredible assist instead, today. I'd rather have that one, what a backheel pass. I wish it was Bruno on the receiving end.

I've been often wondering why can't he play like this more times. Cause I think he's still got it in him on wider positions, and today and a few days ago, games he plays like these, really helps my case. I think there's issues in our system, we don't really know how to play with him, or the system doesn't attempt to play to his strengths, but maybe it's just age and he can't replicate it every match.

I am thinking he could have had an incredible assist instead, today. I'd rather have that one, what a backheel pass. I wish it was Bruno on the receiving end.

He's obviously still in amazing shape, but the bolded part is definitely the answer in my opinion. It probably helped that he came on only to play for 45 minutes as well.

I'd rather keep the goal btw ;) but that pass was droolworthy.

I sometimes charitably wonder if Ronaldo fans are just not informed about his legal issues, but these last two pages indicate that some do in fact know all about them and still choose to cheer for him each and every time he scores a goal. Not surprising in the slightest but certainly quite depressing.
Yep between this and the MG thread it's unbelievable the mental gymnastics some posters will resort to. I shouldn't be surprised anymore really.

Yep between this and the MG thread it's unbelievable the mental gymnastics some posters will resort to. I shouldn't be surprised anymore really.
Aren't those 2 cases very different? I'm not even a big Ronaldo fan. Just has there been any actual evidence against him like in the MG case? Or just accusations? Genuine question.

It could apply to anyone successful, people hate you whenever you go too far in their opinion. If you're successful then you're evil in losers eyes.
His biggest rival doesn’t have that problem, won everything and left with grace. To suggest that people who find faults with his behaviours are losers when some of them used to be staunch supporters is a pretty cultish move tbh.

Aren't those 2 cases very different? I'm not even a big Ronaldo fan. Just has there been any actual evidence against him like in the MG case? Or just accusations? Genuine question.

Just accusations. But we should move on from this topic in this thread now, I think. If you want to read back there has been extraordinary long discussions about it earlier if you search for it.

Just accusations. But we should move on from this topic in this thread now, I think. If you want to read back there has been extraordinary long discussions about it earlier if you search for it.
No we should not.
The questionnaires were proven to be falsified.
Do you have a source for that? I know his lawyers claimed they were, which doesn't prove anything. I may have missed the news though.

anyone know if ronaldo is allowed in lidl?

that thumbholes look nice, but that design look like spunk dripping all over the shirt. On that picture.

Not your call.

Bump the old thread from the CE forum or wherever it was if you feel like retreading old ground.
Is it yours to make? Am I unaware of staff guidelines in this thread?

If not I'll be happy to keep discussing Ronaldo-related issues in the thread dedicated to Ronaldo even if they're old news to you, thank you. I wouldn't even have chimed in the first place if you had not been so eager to correct people on technicalities a few pages back while never addressing the core issue at hand despite seemingly knowing everything about it.

You can keep celebrating his every breath and I can keep lamenting that people do not have higher standards for who they are fans of, especially when we can often see (and have seen on this very day in this thread) that most do not know his case properly thanks to fanboys trying to shut down the conversation each and every time.

Is it yours to make? Am I unaware of staff guidelines in this thread?

If not I'll be happy to keep discussing Ronaldo-related issues in the thread dedicated to Ronaldo even if they're old news to you, thank you. I wouldn't even have chimed in the first place if you had not been so eager to correct people on technicalities a few pages back while never addressing the core issue at hand despite seemingly knowing everything about it.

You can keep celebrating his every breath and I can keep lamenting that people do not have higher standards for who they are fans of, especially when we can often see (and have seen on this very day in this thread) that most do not know his case properly thanks to fanboys trying to shut down the conversation each and every time.

We have usually have guidelines that the player threads in the football forum should relate to football performances, happy to be corrected if any mods want to chime in?

As for the bolded part: Correcting someone that falsely claims that Ronaldo cannot go to the USA without being arrested or detained when there is no criminal nor civil case anymore is not a mere "technicality". It was a pretty outlandish claim to make - especially when the end of the case has been widely publicized and discussed on here.

As for the last part, it's easy for any person with half a brain to make a Google search and learn for themselves that the criminal case got dropped in 2019, as well as every other aspect of the case. No one is trying to shut down or hide anything - I expect people to be able to conduct research on the level of a what is required from a junior high school student.

We have usually have guidelines that the player threads in the football forum should relate to football performances, happy to be corrected if any mods want to chime in?

As for the bolded part: Correcting someone that falsely claims that Ronaldo cannot go to the USA without being arrested or detained when there is no criminal nor civil case anymore is not a mere "technicality". It was a pretty outlandish claim to make - especially when the end of the case has been widely publicized and discussed on here.

As for the last part, it's easy for any person with half a brain to make a Google search and learn for themselves that the criminal case got dropped in 2019, as well as every other aspect of the case. No one is trying to shut down or hide anything - I expect people to be able to conduct research on the level of a what is required from a junior high school student.
Weird that you didn't expect people to Google by themselves whether or not Ronaldo could enter the US then. You seemed really involved in discussing it at this point.

Weird that "outlandish claims" do not bother you as much when it's @MrEleson that claim some evidence was falsified without any source to back it up.

What kind of cognitive dissonance is this? Do you really believe we can't see the pattern?

Why is it that a player like MG is treated like a leper (despite case dropped), while CR7 is widely celebrated (by his fanboys) for every breath he takes?

The thing is though that it's still very probable that he actually raped Mayorga, despite the case being dropped. No one knows, but if his explanation is real (sited multiple times in this thread) or there is a shread of truth in Mayorga accusations, he's a rapist. We do know he payed her off to keep her quiet. That is a fact.

Feel free to celebrate the literal face of sportswashing, who might (very likely) also be a rapist, but accept that others might find it weird and out of place.

This has literally never been a thing.

This has literally never been a thing.

I believe it has. Like I said, any mods can chime in if they like @Raoul? Although I seem to remember that the old Ronaldo-accusations thread got locked back in the day - and I suspect it was for a good reason.

Why is it that a player like MG is treated like a leper (despite case dropped), while CR7 is widely celebrated (by his fanboys) for every breath he takes?

The thing is though that it's still very probable that he actually raped Mayorga, despite the case being dropped. No one knows, but if his explanation is real (sited multiple times in this thread) or there is a shread of truth in Mayorga accusations, he's a rapist. We do know he payed her off to keep her quiet. That is a fact.

Feel free to celebrate the literal face of sportswashing, who might (very likely) also be a rapist, but accept that others might find it weird and out of place.

Look, this will be the last post I make on this topic. You guys have derailed this thread long enough, and I have been guilty of partaking in the nonsense.

The difference between the Ronaldo case and Greenwood is pretty obvious, in Greenwood's case we have actual pictures and audio which makes it much more visceral. In Ronaldo's case it is the case of "he said she said" combined with this famous questionnaire that was leaked by criminals and cannot be verified either way.

Yes it has. Like I said, any mods can chime in if they like @Raoul? Although I seem to remember that the old Ronaldo-accusations thread got locked back in the day - and I suspect it was for a good reason.

You're confusing it with the player performance forum, which is only for United players.