Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Look, this will be the last post I make on this topic. You guys have derailed this thread long enough, and I have been guilty of partaking in the nonsense.

The difference between the Ronaldo case and Greenwood is pretty obvious, in Greenwood's case we have actual pictures and audio which makes it much more visceral. In Ronaldo's case it is the case of "he said she said" combined with this famous questionnaire that was leaked by criminals and cannot be verified either way.
You can't pretend you want the conversation to end and then make "outlandish claims" like this. What do you think a journalist's job is? Der Spiegel is one of the most reputable newspapers in the world and has covered scandals on a much higher scale than Cristiano Ronaldo. They have history of acknowledging mistakes and amending articles when evidence comes out they were wrong or misled, yet they have never done so about Ronaldo's case. Why do you think that is?

The very reason we are still discussing this is because it's systematically handwaved by people weirdly invested in defending Ronaldo's reputation. There is no logical reason for "any person with half a brain" to discredit esteemed journalists' work in favor of some accused's lawyer, but here we are yet again - you keep misrepresenting the situation and then complain about the push back.

Just read he said he still loves United. feck it, he’s got me again

this is one of my childhood heroes don’t care if he’s a bozo now he gave me too many happy moments

I haven't watched them because I'm still bitter about how he left in his second stint. And because he's more handsome than me.

In a nutshell, does he regret re-joining United?

As manager maybe
That would be a right clusterfeck.

He'd make himself player manager just so that he could put himself in for 90 mins every game, and the tactics would simply be "get the ball to me in the box so I can score".

Are those fanboys or bots in the comments? Genuinely confused.

A bit of both I think.

I'm sure there are plenty of fake accounts who follow him, but at the same time there are fanboys out there who worship the ground he walks on.

Don't really like him as a person but I respect his mentality and completely agree with his comments on ETH. He is constantly lowering fan expectations.

You can't pretend you want the conversation to end and then make "outlandish claims" like this. What do you think a journalist's job is? Der Spiegel is one of the most reputable newspapers in the world and has covered scandals on a much higher scale than Cristiano Ronaldo. They have history of acknowledging mistakes and amending articles when evidence comes out they were wrong or misled, yet they have never done so about Ronaldo's case. Why do you think that is?

The very reason we are still discussing this is because it's systematically handwaved by people weirdly invested in defending Ronaldo's reputation. There is no logical reason for "any person with half a brain" to discredit esteemed journalists' work in favor of some accused's lawyer, but here we are yet again - you keep misrepresenting the situation and then complain about the push back.
Not that I don’t agree with the likely claim that Ronaldo is a rapist but:

To me Der Spiegel is trash tier and they constantly make shit up in my field of work and cite “unnamed sources”, cut and snip quotes out of context serve their agenda.

They even had a journalist who went around making shit up for half a decade running stories that were a figment of his imagination, completely making up characters, plots, stories that didn’t happen. Every single one of these stories passed (somehow) the magazines internal source checking and verification department.

When did ten Hag even say something like that? Wasn't it Bruno?
“And I knew when I started that it was going to be a tough job. There are a lot of people who have advised me about that.”

“We want this club back to where it was more than a decade ago, to a club that wins the Premier League, which can win Champions Leagues. We are really a long way away from that.”

“I think we’ve taken steps since then, otherwise we wouldn’t have won two prizes either. But we are not yet so far that a ‘winning culture’ already prevails here in all respects. Our standards, our norms and values, still need to go up.”
https://www.forbes.com/sites/sampil...winning-the-premier-league-says-erik-ten-hag/

The quotes remind me of one of the many "unforgettable" moments under ten Hag.

After being thumped 4-0 away to Palace, ten Hag clearly relieved that we then ONLY lost 0-1 at home to Arsenal.

He had demonstrated the same way of thinking when he rejoined already, in an interview right after. You can fault him for a lot of things, but I don't think anyone can fault him for not thinking like a proper United lad that understands what the club is about.

I became a fan of United at age 9, more than just because United won the CL in 1999 and me having watched that game live, but the mentality behind that win. I saw United win and lose a lot in the next 14-15 years, but the spirt was always there. I think that's what made me a real fan of the club. I think one of the things that saddened me the most in Ronaldo's return was that, as the first season went on, whatever targets were in place then (probably CL football, at least, after the league win was gone), I saw the old, washed out man who had won it all multiple times, fighting hard, playing well against Arsenal, Chelsea, while some other players with everything to prove felt like they had given up.

I think he was shocked at the club's culture as he returned. He left the club with it having a certain standard, and returned with it having plummeted. Then I think he tried his best to remind everyone of Sir Alex's standard, from board members to players, and he got some players on board with him, and others not. Ultimately I think this difference in standard is what made him want to leave in the summer, I don't think he felt it could work out between both sides.

Mind, Ronaldo could've done some things better too, so my post isn't trying to make it sound like "it's everyone else's fault!!!!!!", just general thoughts from me.

Ronaldo is bitter. He might not be wrong regarding ETH, but whatever happened to Ronaldo at United was of his own making. ETH is an easy target now, but he was never wrong in his treatment of Ronaldo. Time to move on.

Not that I don’t agree with the likely claim that Ronaldo is a rapist but:

To me Der Spiegel is trash tier and they constantly make shit up in my field of work and cite “unnamed sources”, cut and snip quotes out of context serve their agenda.

They even had a journalist who went around making shit up for half a decade running stories that were a figment of his imagination, completely making up characters, plots, stories that didn’t happen. Every single one of these stories passed (somehow) the magazines internal source checking and verification department.
Sounds like you’re dismissing them, because you don’t like their reporting. Regarding investigative journalism, they are top notch.
Otherwise, I’m sure you’re also dismissive of the accusations regarding City. Or most accusations regarding the FIFA. After all, they were nearly all published by them.

• Talks in third person
  • Befriended Piers Morgan
  • Refused to stay on the bench when he's not playing (thinks he's above the club)
  • Always plays the old romance to win fans back but he spent his best years for other clubs
  • Became an ambassador for a MLM. Will probably be some sort of a legend to Herbal Life as Tom Cruise is to Scientology
Feck off Botoxnaldo.