Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

That's so weird. Rio never stops talking about United so it's weird he didn't even ask a 'what was it like when you left Portugal for the first time' question

So what do they actually discuss in this interview?
From the bit I've seen it's a "Isn't Saudi great, there's beach resorts, and even snowy mountains"

Posting for @FotbollHistoriker

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I want to reach my 1000th career goal. There will be one difference: All of my goals have videos, so I can prove that. I respect Pelé, Di Stéfano & other legends that came before me. But I have proof. If you [Rio Ferdinand] want more goals, I can bring from my training too"

Just listening to his voice makes my testosterone up 2x. Such a charisma. A man with goal in life.

Posting on behalf of @FotbollHistoriker

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I want to reach my 1000th career goal. There will be one difference: All of my goals have videos, so I can prove that. I respect Pelé, Di Stéfano & other legends that came before me. But I have proof. If you [Rio Ferdinand] want more goals, I can bring from my training too"

I saw the 1,000 goals comment and thought "he'll be playing for a while yet then."

Having just looked, he needs 83, and he scored 50 in Saudi last season. He'll be done by next Christmas.

I saw the 1,000 goals comment and thought "he'll be playing for a while yet then."

Having just looked, he needs 83, and he scored 50 in Saudi last season. He'll be done by next Christmas.

He needs 101 goals to reach 1000. But that should be easy enough

He needs 101 goals to reach 1000. But that should be easy enough

I missed that his international goals on wiki includes his youth level goals.

Although I wouldn't be surprised to find that he includes them in his total.

Posting on behalf of @FotbollHistoriker

Watched American Psycho few days ago. They should make Portuguese version with Cristiano as Patrick Bateman.

So weird that 1000 goals would even be a target when so many of them are at this level now. It seems like a pointless exercise, especially if it’s the only reason he keeps playing.

But his mega fans still eat it up and convince themselves that these goals actually matter

So weird that 1000 goals would even be a target when so many of them are at this level now. It seems like a pointless exercise, especially if it’s the only reason he keeps playing.

But his mega fans still eat it up and convince themselves that these goals actually matter

That´s the point. If he says the Saudi League is elite, they lap it up. You can see that just on Redcafe. So his around 200 goals in Saudi Arabia he will claim was scored in a league that only less competive than the PL.

Two minutes into the Rio interview, and Rio's explaining why everyone's wrong about Saudi Arabia. Definitely wasn't paid to say that.

Counting penalty shoot-out has goals now?
Cringe.

so Messi scored a hat-trick in the World Cup final?
Always knew he was the real goat!

I think a lot of people are looking into the Rio interview a little too much.

Rio is fun to watch but he's not a proper journalist. Rio is never going to ask hardball questions! He's a friend of Ronaldo. I think it's clear there was a general brief on topics to talk about. I like Rio but when I watch him I know in my mind that he's not a serious journalist. That's no disrespect at all! In my eyes, he's used his fame to get himself on TV and do these type of interviews etc... Which is fine, he's earned it in my opinion.

Ronaldo's channel is very generic. He's just having fun with it. I think the channel will be just about anything in Ronaldo's life. The channel seems to be his personality and I think it's nice to see him doing these things outside the pitch. He did another video with his girlfriend where she was rating his styles over the years. It's just a bit of fun and not to be taken too seriously.

He also put up a video of him playing Tennis with his son and the video was a minute and has 18m views :lol:

Anyhow, it's just Ronaldo being himself, a little goofy and it's a but of fun!
I agree on the Rio video. Expecting Rio to deep dive into the politics of Saudi was just never going to happen, nor should it be expected. It's a fairly interesting watch I would say, but more so because we don't hear that much from Ronaldo in this type of setting.

Ronaldo watching Messi take a free kick: “Look at that subtle dip on the ball. The tasteful swerve of it. Oh my God, it even curled in off the post…”
"Try getting another Ballon d'or now you stupid feckin bastard!"

I agree on the Rio video. Expecting Rio to deep dive into the politics of Saudi was just never going to happen, nor should it be expected. It's a fairly interesting watch I would say, but more so because we don't hear that much from Ronaldo in this type of setting.
Exactly.

Ronaldo dipping into the politics would be a stupid move. It's biting the hand that feeds you and at the end of the day, their culture is different than ours. Sure, it may be very backward thinking. Over time things will improve their for women and workers etc... Ronaldo being so big over there helps western influence and if Saudi want more western interest, their polices could slowly change over time!

Narcissist. Went off him massively in the past few years.

I think proudly declearing that he broke down crying not because he played poorly all match and nearly cost them going through to the next round because he missed his penalty but because it broke his penalty streak is one of the most mental things ive ever heard. And he's Portugals greatest ever player and the captain.

I think proudly declearing that he broke down crying not because he played poorly all match and nearly cost them going through to the next round because he missed his penalty but because it broke his penalty streak is one of the most mental things ive ever heard. And he's Portugals greatest ever player and the captain.
This bit is taken out of context.
That’s not what he said, I’m not entirely sure what he was trying to say regarding the penalty, but essentially it was something about letting his fans and family down.
This entire interview was 95% about his mentality and what makes him keep going, but he definitely didn’t say he cried because he broke his penalty streak.

This bit is taken out of context.
That’s not what he said, I’m not entirely sure what he was trying to say regarding the penalty, but essentially it was something about letting his fans and family down.
This entire interview was 95% about his mentality and what makes him keep going, but he definitely didn’t say he cried because he broke his penalty streak.

Well then the clip is edited. Im not going to tune to watch the whole thing.

Exactly.

Ronaldo dipping into the politics would be a stupid move. It's biting the hand that feeds you and at the end of the day, their culture is different than ours. Sure, it may be very backward thinking. Over time things will improve their for women and workers etc... Ronaldo being so big over there helps western influence and if Saudi want more western interest, their polices could slowly change over time!

I’d say the lesson they learn is that people will quietly nevermind anything with the help of money. I hope you’re right, but I’m not holding my breath.

Possible, but that shouldn't be used as a source. I don't think youth and B-team appearances should be included - the correct number for Ronaldo is 1235 matches as of today.

I would agree, but why are goals in friendly & charity games included for Pele? Ronaldo does have a point, meaning that the difference to the ones ahead of him night not be so big.

Self centred to say the least.
Normally age and experience brings humility.... not with Ronnie.

I think self-centered is an understatement

Narcissist. Went off him massively in the past few years.

What a narcissist :lol: :lol: :lol:

No idea how people root for him

What he's saying is that because he scored 27 penalties in a row, he felt upset that when he finally missed one, it was at the worst time to miss one. So he cried at the frustration of the situation rather than because Portugal going out would be the end of his career

The tweeter has obviously edited and added the caption to make you think he's a twat, and you know this.