Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Maybe we should move this thread out of the football section?

Fantastic footballer early mid career, fantastic goalscorer in his peak and an absolute tool and narcissist of a man.

I've snuck in an had a little look at his insta account and how hundreds of millions willingly follows that stuff is worrying to say the least. That millions have already subscribed to a youtube channel he started yesterday blows my mind and I literally can't put my head around it. Who are these people following this man on social media? How? Who? How? Why? What!? ... Evolution reversed? AI? Has to be one of those two I guess?

Fantastic footballer early mid career, fantastic goalscorer in his peak and an absolute tool and narcissist of a man.

I've snuck in an had a little look at his insta account and how hundreds of millions willingly follows that stuff is worrying to say the least. That millions have already subscribed to a youtube channel he started yesterday blows my mind and I literally can't put my head around it. Who are these people following this man on social media? How? Who? How? Why? What!? ... Evolution reversed? AI? Has to be one of those two I guess?
I'm not a fan but hardly surprising that he's so popular, football is the world's biggest sport and arguably biggest entertainment product in the world, he hit the peak of his career as social media exploded and was one of the two most successful and famous players of this era. Messi does not attract attention at all, is reserved and does the bare minimum/sponsor stuff and he has 504 million fans on Instagram, so not that surprising that Ronaldo would have more considering he is more out there in attracting attention on top of his on-field profile.

No offence, but how old are you to be this confused by Ronaldo doing so well on social media? Of course his Youtube account has blown up in record time, the guy is a global icon.

No offence, but how old are you to be this confused by Ronaldo doing so well on social media? Of course his Youtube account has blown up in record time, the guy is a global icon.
Obviously too old. He is a global icon, but the content on his social media accounts looks 100% trash to me.

Somehow the algorithm recommends me 'news' articles about Ronaldo smashing Mr Beast his record for shortest period to reach 10m followers on Youtube? Ronaldo has been a global superstar for 10/15 years and has some of the weirdest but most dedicated fans on the planet. Ofcourse he is going to beat the record of a guy who is basically just a normal person who had his youtube channel go viral at one point?

I cant believe anyone is suprised that Ronaldo would do extremely well on a new social media channel.

Another 2-3 years should see him reach 1000 if he keeps up his current output.

Another 2-3 years should see him reach 1000 if he keeps up his current output.

He´ll will have surpassed Abderrazak Hamdallah as a Saudi Pro legend when he retires there.

Going to end up with more league goals for Al Nassr than United if he goes beyond this season. Everyone's dream!

He's going to play until the next World Cup or even the Saudi one after?

So, he's at 48 million subs six days after he posted his first video on YouTube. For reference, Taylor Swift has had her YT channel since 2006 and is at 70 million.

Crazy shit. By far the biggest pop star in the world and Ronaldo just casually going to topple her within a month or so.

So, he's at 48 million subs six days after he posted his first video on YouTube. For reference, Taylor Swift has had her YT channel since 2006 and is at 70 million.

Crazy shit. By far the biggest pop star in the world and Ronaldo just casually going to topple her within a month or so.

What does he talk about?

Between being paid massive wages, sign on fees, massive sponsorships, Ronaldo probably had a stupid amount of money. So why do this vain YouTube thing too? Do people like him just need to outdo everyone? Like does he want to still make more money than Messi?

Between being paid massive wages, sign on fees, massive sponsorships, Ronaldo probably had a stupid amount of money. So why do this vain YouTube thing too? Do people like him just need to outdo everyone? Like does he want to still make more money than Messi?
Validation.

Narcissistic on the field perhaps. But outside, no. Pretty good guy with a work ethic that's beyond the reach of most.

That comes as a surprise to me because I didn’t think he did subs.

More fans at a Sunday league game. Probably a higher level too.

It's not enough for him. Nothing ever will be.

He could have a billion in the bank and 10 Ballon D'Ors, and he'd still want more.

It's all a bit sad really.