Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

I read that one game got an attendance of 170 :lol:

Are Saudi doing anything to get local fans more involved?

Wonder how they price tickets?

If I'm trying to grow and market a league, spending lots of money where it's no issue and there is no FFP I'm making them dirt cheap or even free to get bums on seats. Everyone knows full stadiums/good atmosphere look better on TV and can play a part in overseas perception / interest in a league.

If the locals don't care you can hardly expect anyone else to.

I keep hearing about how Saudi Arabia has this burning passion for football. You´d think all the locals would come just for Cristiano but it seems like they couldnt care less.

The match-going culture has never been great but it's also much easier to watch the games at home when the temperature is over 40°C.

The match-going culture has never been great but it's also much easier to watch the games at home when the temperature is over 40°C.
I have endless money and want my league to be taken seriously, for which I need spectators: just install an air conditioning system.

He’s got to be breaking all sorts of YouTube records surely

his latest vid with rio was posted 3hours ago and it’s already sitting at over 2million views with 650k likes.

He’s got to be breaking all sorts of YouTube records surely

his latest vid with rio was posted 3hours ago and it’s already sitting at over 2million views with 650k likes.

That's another record he has over Messi

I read he said his goal is to reach 1000 goals. And said his goals are filmed.

Is that a dart at Pele? :nervous:

When was the last time before that where even scored a free kick?
To be fair, any normal goalie would’ve just stepped to one side and caught it. This was like a staged event for the cameras :lol: . He waited and waited and then did an elaborate circus dive as the ball was virtually past him.

It doesn’t matter. He can just say hi and end the video. But he will make huge $$$ based on followers, views and interactions.
Yes of course. But it could be so interessting. Look at Ben Fosters chanel, i find that kind of content pretty cool.

But his YT content is the most boring, generic content ever.

Even I find the YT content (so far) pretty boring, apart from the one with Gio rating his old outfits - that was sort of amusing:lol:

He should really have done a more fitness based channel with exercises and so on. That could actually have been good!

Edit: I see there is an interview with Rio out now. That might be decent.

Last edited:
Quick, take out the ouija boards.
i know a tier 1 medium who says pele’s actually increased his goal tally in heaven. they use the pearly gates as a goal, and st. peter isn’t allowed to “use any kind of jesus power shit” to make saves.

The rio interview is a massive fluff piece.

They unnecessarily start it with "all countries have their problems" no doubt Rio was briefed on it.

Posting for @FotbollHistoriker

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I want to reach my 1000th career goal. There will be one difference: All of my goals have videos, so I can prove that. I respect Pelé, Di Stéfano & other legends that came before me. But I have proof. If you [Rio Ferdinand] want more goals, I can bring from my training too"

The rio interview is a massive fluff piece.

They unnecessarily start it with "all countries have their problems" no doubt Rio was briefed on it.
Can't stand Rio in the media, wants to act like a journalist but shows no interest or skill in the craft. Even compared to Neville or Carragher that weren't trained in it but have learnt quickly to keep to some sort of standard. Rio is just pure hype and massaging his ego and whoever he chats to. You see it around stadiums and stuff too, he'd do anything to get a hug from whatever high profile player is there, doing his best to make sure it's on video too.

Can't stand Rio in the media, wants to act like a journalist but shows no interest or skill in the craft. Even compared to Neville or Carragher that weren't trained in it but have learnt quickly to keep to some sort of standard. Rio is just pure hype and massaging his ego and whoever he chats to. You see it around stadiums and stuff too, he'd do anything to get a hug from whatever high profile player is there, doing his best to make sure it's on video too.
I think Nev would tow the geopolitics line but would at least ask difficult questions about Ronaldo on the pitch and the league.

I read he said his goal is to reach 1000 goals. And said his goals are filmed.

Is that a dart at Pele? :nervous:
Obviously yes, and totally disrespectful. Pele will just have to console himself with the fact that he scored his 1000th goal (and they were all documented) when he was not yet 30, whereas Ronaldo is pushing 50 in a Vauxhall Conference level league and still struggling to get there.

Posting on behalf of @FotbollHistoriker

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I want to reach my 1000th career goal. There will be one difference: All of my goals have videos, so I can prove that. I respect Pelé, Di Stéfano & other legends that came before me. But I have proof. If you [Rio Ferdinand] want more goals, I can bring from my training too"

I think a lot of people are looking into the Rio interview a little too much.

Rio is fun to watch but he's not a proper journalist. Rio is never going to ask hardball questions! He's a friend of Ronaldo. I think it's clear there was a general brief on topics to talk about. I like Rio but when I watch him I know in my mind that he's not a serious journalist. That's no disrespect at all! In my eyes, he's used his fame to get himself on TV and do these type of interviews etc... Which is fine, he's earned it in my opinion.

Ronaldo's channel is very generic. He's just having fun with it. I think the channel will be just about anything in Ronaldo's life. The channel seems to be his personality and I think it's nice to see him doing these things outside the pitch. He did another video with his girlfriend where she was rating his styles over the years. It's just a bit of fun and not to be taken too seriously.

He also put up a video of him playing Tennis with his son and the video was a minute and has 18m views :lol:

Anyhow, it's just Ronaldo being himself, a little goofy and it's a but of fun!

Not watching that shite, does he mention United at all?

To be honest that's all I care about too. I imagine if he did it won't be about his exit but early years

If no mention of United then be a pointless watch for me

Those youtube numbers are mental.

They mentioned Nani used to cry a lot, they laughed, that’s about it.

That's so weird. Rio never stops talking about United so it's weird he didn't even ask a 'what was it like when you left Portugal for the first time' question

So what do they actually discuss in this interview?

It’s amazing how great Ronaldo is and how insecure he is at the same time. Accept it dude, you can be one of the all time greats (outside top 5 in my opinion) and your legacy would be much bigger if you accepted it.

but he’s got Messi living in his mind, while Messi doesn’t care about him at all.

the amount of stupid things this guy is going to say once he’s retired it’s going to be tiring.

It’s interesting that while he hasn’t retired yet he already started aiming towards other football greats trying to keep people talking about him.

Him talking about Messi in the future is inevitable.

The channel is so awkward. Then again, over 50 million subscribers within a very short time. His "brand" is quite something, compared to Messi.