Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

3 more to 900 goals. The man is a machine. Never stop scoring on and off the pitch.
Only another 400 odd to catch Pele. And before you talk about 'official goals', bear in mind that Ronaldo is padding his numbers in Saudi Arabia.

man is an absolute idiot. his narcissistic ways are cringy. never thought he'd stoop so low

Only another 400 odd to catch Pele. And before you talk about 'official goals', bear in mind that Ronaldo is padding his numbers in Saudi Arabia.

Sorry what? I'm going to need some sauce on the Pele has 1200 goals claim. WTF.

He's amazing, isn't he? Still keep going and going, while having the most Instagram followers for sportsman in the whole planet.

It’s getting a bit sad at this point, he needs to hang it up
It got sad a long time ago. Watching him plod around the Euros looking lost and hopeless, despite his teammates trying to feed him at every opportunity was just dismal. To be honest I forgot this guy was still even a thing until this thread popped up again. Embarrassing antics from a small man.

I want Ronaldo to stick around until the next World Cup. The comedy value he adds to the Portugal team and more generally to international football is unmatched.

I have a take about him. Amazing player and before his second stint with us he was a legend to me and a big reason I loved footy.
The guy is a horrible leader. No way is he captain material. And yes , I watch alot of Saudi Pro League and he is always throwing his hands, whining, bad attitude to teammates that dont pass, doesnt celebrate if he isnt the won who scored and is not humble in defeat. And before anyone mentions Portugal the same can be said there. Its funny how no one has the balls there to tell him to take a step back these past few years. The only time I saw him “supporting” his teammates as a captain was during the Euro final when he got injured and even then it felt abit exaggerated and long behold he made sure it was all about him at the final whistle.

Legend of the game, serial winner, but not a captain.

I actually feel very sorry for him, and I don't think the antics of his past two years are a reflection of his arrogance or his narcissism (Which there is definetely an abundance of)

With many players, you see they have lots of interests outside of playing football. Businesses, things to do, shiny toys, 10 SUVs and tweaking performance vehicles for fun, partying, punditry, restauranteurs, property empires etc.

All Ronaldo has known, and all he has ever known and seemingly wants to know, is football. He's practically a billionaire, and most of it liquid too, and what does he do? Eat the most bland, perfectly balanced diet every single meal, every single day. He has a giant mansion...that he mainly utilizes to keep himself fit in the best way possible. Giant swimming pool to relax with friends and piss around? No, it's to warm down after training. Does he go out partying? Nope. Drinking? Nope. Any debauchery that might affect his football? Nope. And he's 40 years old at this point. He has a giant car collection of supercars and yet seemingly doesn't give a shit about them.

Since he started football at a young age, he's been obsessed with it and gave everything else up for it, for his entire adult life.

I think he's desperate to still perform, to still play, to try and prove to himself and the world that he's still got it, because I think he hasn't got a fecking clue what he is going to do after he retires from football. That's why it upset him so much that they lost the Saudi league - it was kind of a reality check for him.

He probably needs someone to sit him down at this point to be honest.

I actually feel very sorry for him, and I don't think the antics of his past two years are a reflection of his arrogance or his narcissism (Which there is definetely an abundance of)

With many players, you see they have lots of interests outside of playing football. Businesses, things to do, shiny toys, 10 SUVs and tweaking performance vehicles for fun, partying, punditry, restauranteurs, property empires etc.

All Ronaldo has known, and all he has ever known and seemingly wants to know, is football. He's practically a billionaire, and most of it liquid too, and what does he do? Eat the most bland, perfectly balanced diet every single meal, every single day. He has a giant mansion...that he mainly utilizes to keep himself fit in the best way possible. Giant swimming pool to relax with friends and piss around? No, it's to warm down after training. Does he go out partying? Nope. Drinking? Nope. Any debauchery that might affect his football? Nope. And he's 40 years old at this point. He has a giant car collection of supercars and yet seemingly doesn't give a shit about them.

Since he started football at a young age, he's been obsessed with it and gave everything else up for it, for his entire adult life.

I think he's desperate to still perform, to still play, to try and prove to himself and the world that he's still got it, because I think he hasn't got a fecking clue what he is going to do after he retires from football. That's why it upset him so much that they lost the Saudi league - it was kind of a reality check for him.

I honestly see him having a mental breakdown in the few years following his retirement.

He's so vapid, vain, self-centered and insecure that there's no way he'll come to terms with the inevitable day where he'll have to hang up his boots and disappear from the spotlights.

He's not going to stop until he hits 1,000 goals.

Pity he still has to be such a douche while going about it, though.

It’s absolutely sensational watching him win nothing while padding out the stats in such a dismal league. At least he got to touch the trophy before the game started :lol:

Last edited:

It reminds me of that quote from The Dark Knight - "you either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain".

No one can beat Father Time. Not even Ronaldo. He is used to winning, and overcoming challenges, but he is now having to face a challenge he can't possibly win - the reality that he cannot play football forever.

He needs psychological help to prepare him for his inevitable retirement, otherwise it's going to get ugly.

Let's eliminate the goals Pele scored in Brazil and Ronaldo scored in Saudi and see where the numbers lead us.

It’s getting a bit sad at this point, he needs to hang it up
173 million reasons per year for him to carry on works I guess. That amount of loot would tempt anyone. Hopefully he puts some of it to good use, not just pad his bank accounts, buy a bigger boat/ house and more cars.

I mean he's making an absolute fortune, so I'm sure he can put his pride away.
He already made fortune before. He was never going to be even close being short of money. What can he buy now that he couldn't before.

There are many qualities he have that I like. That is why he became one of the best ever. There are also some things I just don't understand why he is doing.

Grown men that support Ronaldo have a few screws loose.
It was understandable when he was still a colossal player.

Now that he is a 39 year old has been in a retirement league desperately clinging to former glories, it's all a bit sad really.

I hope he goes into managing after he’s done playing. I’ve no doubt he’ll be absolutely horrible at it.

I want Ronaldo to stick around until the next World Cup. The comedy value he adds to the Portugal team and more generally to international football is unmatched.
Could you imagine if you’re Bernardo Silva or Bruno Fernandes and it’s nearly time for you to retire yourself but the entire peak of your Portugal career was hijacked by this narcissist who should have retired 8 years ago.

Grown men who try to belittle the achievements of one of the best players football has ever seen will forever puzzle me.

Ronaldo does that himself all the time about the other guy.

Becoming pretty much Harry Kane. No trophies on horizion.

He should have just left the game 2-3 years ago. Would have suited him better.
He’s won more in his first season at United than Harry Kane did in his entire career, so not a great comparison.
I also doubt Ronaldo cares about trophies in Saudi, its all been about his personal stats for years, outside of international tournaments.

I hope he goes into managing after he’s done playing. I’ve no doubt he’ll be absolutely horrible at it.
I would like to see that, I think it would be highly entertaining if nothing else.

He’s won more in his first season at United than Harry Kane did in his entire career, so not a great comparison.
I also doubt Ronaldo cares about trophies in Saudi, its all been about his personal stats for years, outside of international tournaments.

I would like to see that, I think it would be highly entertaining if nothing else.

He was literally crying after the kings cup loss last season while gesticulating about penis sizes at the same time. He shouldnt really care though. He sealed his legacy when he was 33 in terms of individual and collective succes when he was 33.

Last edited: