Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

oXRpSpT.gif

I believe this is Park's penis.
Tagline fits

Same as Lebron. Although Lebron and his kid are already on the same team now.
A lot of similarities between him and Lebron. Both narcissistic, both second best......;)

Although in all honesty, I don't think either is second best, there's others ahead of them. But that's the prevailing narrative

There’s an article I read where someone spent time with him. He said people might think there is Ronaldo outside the football. But it’s not true. His entire life is geared towards performing. It’s a bit sad really.

Not really. His whole life has been geared towards staying in top shape to play football. He's had over 20 years at the very top level of football has won almost every trophy he's ever played for and is arguably the greatest goalscorer of all time.

What's sad is that he can't accept a lesser role as part of the team/squad when he obviously isn't capable of playing every minute of every game at a tournament like this, even when it has a negative impact on the team overall. He's not aging out gracefully and I think there's a level of resentment that's built up that will always be held against him.

Both of them love themselves so much they named their sons after themselves as well. :lol:
Textbook narcissists. Everything is about them. 'Look how great I am, playing top level professional sport with my own son!'

He will have taken one look at Yamal and one look at Pepe and said…. Ronaldo/Ronaldo at the World Cup

You can't fault his mentality to be the best, as it's that driving force that has propelled him to reach the heights that he did in the game.

The sad thing is - now that his body is unable to keep up with the demands of his mentality, he just comes across as sad and deluded. His refusal to bow out gracefully is slowly ruining his own legacy, and he's making himself into a laughing stock.

Father time catches up with everybody.

You can't fault his mentality to be the best, as it's that driving force that has propelled him to reach the heights that he did in the game.

The sad thing is - now that his body is unable to keep up with the demands of his mentality, he just comes across as sad and deluded. His refusal to bow out gracefully is slowly ruining his own legacy, and he's making himself into a laughing stock.

Its not about him wanting to be the best. Its about him shifting the goalposts and contradicting himself.

Wonder if daddy will stop junior taking penalties and free kicks if they play together.

Ronaldo Jr scoring the winning penalty for Portugal in the world cup final.

Ronaldo Sr walking off because he missed his

Agree. You have to take the good with the bad. If he wasn’t who he is he would not be where he is and what he achived. On other hand, every player needs to realise their own quality and level. He is great in Saudi-League but it is giant jump to high level football.

Ronaldo Junior getting ready to score his first solo goal. Ronaldo Senior flying down and stealing all of the attention for himself.

I really hope Ronaldo jr. has the same personality. The fireworks when one doesn’t pass to the other will be amazing.

The same thing has happened to many professional athletes for ages. Muhammad Ali comes to mind as the best example of professional athlete who hung on far too long. I'm sure Cristiano wants another crack at a World Cup win but he just doesn't have it any longer.

At this moment and time, I dunno think it's just the mentality, it's also the enviroment that enhaced "such mentality" and I dunno think that his mentality sometimes it's in some healthy place for him. I know, I'm playing the internet shrink, it's silly, no doubt, but we had enough examples of him doing stuff that does not allign with some sort of healthy motivation, even if many times such healthy stuff does not exist in many Pro extraordinary Athletes.

What I meant about the enviroment, it's about what the "Madrid" Press did (plus the addition of the new social media fanboysim seeking profit idolizing a figure or constantly attacking one with the same goal) specially during his peak years, propelling the lad to the stratosphere and in addition in his time in UK (and even later) with some notion that the only real League it's the EPL, therefore he is above anyone else...this stuff trully messed with his head.

Of course he achieved everything due to his extraordinary talent, concentration and dedication, but we had multiple examples of him by now that somehow show that his Ego and believe in himself has to be constantly fuelled more due to some inner sort of trauma or whatever, people that trully are in peace with themselves and even having a big Ego does not seek as often as him external validation or change his public declarations depending if it suits his speech at a certain moment or not.
We all have demons inside, we all struggle at some point with ourselves, he is doing it in front of millions of people the whole time trying to impose a version of himself that beside his harwrok, talent, results shows to many times even as bizarre as it might sound some sort of lack of self-esteem. Lately he looks too much on the edge regarding managing emotions.

Last edited:
Lebron's case is probably worse here. At least Ronaldo is in an awful league. Lebron is doing it in the biggest league in the world.

At this moment and time, I dunno think it's just the mentality, it's also the enviroment that enhaced "such mentality" and I dunno think that his mentality sometimes it's in some healthy place for him. I know, I'm playing the internet shrink, it's silly, no doubt, but we had enough examples of him doing stuff that does not allign with some sort of healthy motivation, even if many times such healthy stuff does not exist in many Pro extraordinary Athletes.

What I meant about the enviroment, it's about what the "Madrid" Press did (plus the addition of the new social media fanboysim seeking profit idolizing a figure or constantly attacking one with the same goal) specially during his peak years, propelling the lad to the stratosphere and in addition in his time in UK (and even later) with some notion that the only real League it's the EPL, therefore he is above anyone else...this stuff trully messed with his head.

Of course he achieved everything due to his extraordinary talent, concentration and dedication, but we had multiple examples of him by now that somehow show that his Ego and believe in himself has to be constantly fuelled more due to some inner sort of trauma or whatever, people that trully are in peace with themselves and even having a big Ego does not seek as often as him external validation or change his public declarations depending if it suits his speech at a certain moment or not.
We all have demons inside, we all struggle at some point with ourselves, he is doing it in front of millions of people the whole time trying to impose a version of himself that beside his harwrok, talent, results shows to many times even as bizarre as it might sound some sort of lack of self-esteem. Lately he looks too much on the edge regarding managing emotions.
I agree there is definitely some kind of trauma that is driving him all the time - but this is what happens when you don't face things in life. They only get worse, and eventually they manifest in a really ugly manner - made even worse when you're someone who is very much in the public eye.

If he had gone to therapy or something years ago to help him cope better with the approaching end of his career, he could have returned to us accepting a bit part role while helping to mentor the young players, and that would have helped him to retire gracefully as a legend in the eyes of many MUFC supporters. He still would have had opportunities to score crucial goals etc if he'd allow himself to be used as a super sub later on in matches, so it would be a win-win for both him and us.

Though moving to Madrid was definitely a good move for his career, I think he made a mistake leaving us the first time around as he left behind Sir Alex's fatherly influence which is clearly something he needed. Without this, his ego has ballooned to stratospheric proportions as he has clearly only surrounded himself with "yes men" rather than someone like Fergie who would have told him to pull his head in at times.

I'm not a fan of the guy at all - I've recognized that he was a self absorbed narcissist from 2008, and I've enjoyed watching his narcissism finally catch up with him. But there is a small part of me that has some compassion for the mess he is currently in, even if he is entirely responsible for creating it.

Cristiano needs about 100 goals to reach 1000+ in his career. Playing in Saudi Arabia (plus games with Portugal), you'd think he can do it until 2026 when he'll be 41, then play at the World Cup and play a game with his son who'll be 16 by then. Then retire finally.

The same thing has happened to many professional athletes for ages. Muhammad Ali comes to mind as the best example of professional athlete who hung on far too long. I'm sure Cristiano wants another crack at a World Cup win but he just doesn't have it any longer.

Mohammad Ali didn't compete in a team sport where he was dragging others down. Ronaldo is just unaware that he competes in a team sport.

What a disappointment Ronaldo has been. Actually the whole lot of United legends have been huge disappointments. Ronaldo, Giggs stupid jackass, Scholes with his stupid punditry and toe biting nonsense, Neville with his stupid pathetic I was never a great player self putdowns and whining about United decisions to balance his United bias, Rio with his absolute stupid 5 live takes, Evra and his I love this game nonsense. :(

Tired of this guy not being able to digest that another player was better than him. Useless.

Excellent strike. He's just best striker on the planet bar none.

Wait, they got battered 4-1, Mitrovic showing him how it's done with 2 goals and an assist?