Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

I've only ever really read quite respectful quotes from him about Messi, if that's who you're referring to.

You dont think all the jibes about "Messi plays in his comfort zone in Barcelona, questions needs to be asked! He´s never tested himself" which started this circular boring argument repeated by his cult fans,

or the "Do you know where Messi was at this point last year? Messi was out of the Copa America at this stage."

or the when asked where he ranks the Saudi League "Well its certainly better than Ligue 1".

Or liking the whole factos instagram posts.

Or his team mates who say that he referres to Messi as "The motherfecker".

But he has also said respectful things yeah, but its very different than the other way around. Of course Messi doesnt talk much, but Id say he´s far more diplomatic and doesnt really seem all that invested in the whole media rivalry thing.

Did he really mime pulling a turd out of his arse? On the pitch? To belittle his teammates? This guy is something else.

He already made fortune before. He was never going to be even close being short of money. What can he buy now that he couldn't before.

There are many qualities he have that I like. That is why he became one of the best ever. There are also some things I just don't understand why he is doing.
You know 1+1=2, right?

2billion is better than 1billion... not hard to see why he's there. He's making his career earnings again in the space of 3 years, and that's only the bit declared. The amount of "gifts" and what they alone amount to are reasons enough, don't you think?

You know 1+1=2, right?

2billion is better than 1billion... not hard to see why he's there. He's making his career earnings again in the space of 3 years, and that's only the bit declared. The amount of "gifts" and what they alone amount to are reasons enough, don't you think?

I dont why footballers are the only athletes berated for playing for piles of money.

Could you imagine if you’re Bernardo Silva or Bruno Fernandes and it’s nearly time for you to retire yourself but the entire peak of your Portugal career was hijacked by this narcissist who should have retired 8 years ago.
Eight years ago he was the best player in the world and won his fourth Ballon d'Or.

You know 1+1=2, right?

And I Ask again. What can he buy now that he couldn’t 2-3 years ago? Sometimes you just need to realize when to stop. With some of things he is doing he is just destorying all the good and great he did.

I dont why footballers are the only athletes berated for playing for piles of money.
I’m not talking just about money. He can play until he is 75 and earn billions. Question is what it does to his legacy when you see what he does on the pitch last couple of years.

And I Ask again. What can he buy now that he couldn’t 2-3 years ago? Sometimes you just need to realize when ti stop. With some of things he is doing he is just destorying all the good and great he did.

I’m not talking just about money. He can play until he is 75 and ear billions. Question is what it does to his legacy when you see what he does on the pitch last couple of years.

His mistake isnt really playing in Saudi its his refusal to be a squad option for Portugal. And I think Ronaldo knows best himself what he wants the money for. Perhaps just stature and bragging rights. Money is power getting tons for doing your job isn't terrible.

And I Ask again. What can he buy now that he couldn’t 2-3 years ago? Sometimes you just need to realize when ti stop. With some of things he is doing he is just destorying all the good and great he did.

I’m not talking just about money. He can play until he is 75 and ear billions. Question is what it does to his legacy when you see what he does on the pitch last couple of years.
You’re not his accountant. You have no clue of his outgoings or financial aspirations, like the rest of us. So why would you pocket watch and make assumptions you have no means to back up?

You also have no idea of his plans for the money to then say, OK lad, that’s enough.

As an aside, the person he projects needs football, limelight and glory for as long as it is humanly possible; that he can remain in said limelight whilst lining his pockets astronomically is very probably for the best. For all his wealth, C.Ronaldo is one of those people genuinely worry about once he hangs them up.

i’m all for bashing ronaldo, but how many of us can honestly say they’ve not done the exact same gesture over teams, during a scrum stand up?
Very true. I knew I shouldn't have brought the laptop into the toilet though.

Yeah I cannot understand the hatred here

He’s acting the way he is because of desperation and pure cope, not because he thinks that the world is his oyster and all that stuff.

Imagine doing something since 7 year olds, being the absolute best at it and doing it your entire life and then at 40 you suddenly can’t do it anymore.

I don’t think he’ll be happy doing kickabouts with his kids in the park

You’re not his accountant. You have no clue of his outgoings or financial aspirations, like the rest of us. So why would you pocket watch and make assumptions you have no means to back up?

You also have no idea of his plans for the money to then say, OK lad, that’s enough.

As an aside, the person he projects needs football, limelight and glory for as long as it is humanly possible; that he can remain in said limelight whilst lining his pockets astronomically is very probably for the best. For all his wealth, C.Ronaldo is one of those people genuinely worry about once he hangs them up.
And still. What can he buy now that he couldn’t 2-3 years ago? Leave football and just live your life as one of the best.

As a human you need to know your limits. He can play until 75, getting billions every year. I don’t care about his money. What he does now with his behaviour is not looking good for his legacy. That started couple of years ago and he is not a kid. He is a grown man.

And still. What can he buy now that he couldn’t 2-3 years ago? Leave football and just live your life as one of the best.

As a human you need to know your limits. He can play until 75, getting billions every year. I don’t care about his money. What he does now with his behaviour is not looking good for his legacy. That started couple of years ago and he is not a kid. He is a grown man.

There's the problem.

Could you imagine if you’re Bernardo Silva or Bruno Fernandes and it’s nearly time for you to retire yourself but the entire peak of your Portugal career was hijacked by this narcissist who should have retired 8 years ago.

And it may not be over yet. At least Bernardo has been stacking up trophies with City. It sucks more for Bruno, who had to put up with the diva for two seasons at United on top of that.

Brazil in the 50s, 60s was one of the best leagues in the world. He didn't play in the ancient equivalent of today's Brazil league.

Wasn't the paulista a regional rather than a national league untill reforms quite late in his Santos career? Not suggesting it was average compared to the European leagues but i don't know how high the level was.

Wasn't the paulista a regional rather than a national league untill reforms quite late in his Santos career? Not suggesting it was average compared to the European leagues but i don't know how high the level was.
It doesn’t really matter though since this discussion is about the number of goals and not the quality of the opposition.

What's the point in that?
Mate, I don’t know. But there are some posters creaming themselves because their idol scores goals in the Saudi league in front of a couple of hundred people. Therefore the quality of the opponents is obviously not important.

Mate, I don’t know. But there are some posters creaming themselves because their idol scores goals in the Saudi league in front of a couple of hundred people. Therefore the quality of the opponents is obviously not important.

But don't you see? Everytime he scores its a new record. Its amazeballs.

This is really weird. He's 40 years old and behaving like this.

I understand appreciating his football talent but how people love this guy is bizarre to me.

Its called mentality! Its what he's lauded for and why he's a role model.

Something I’ve noticed in Germany has me wondering a little. He‘s incredibly popular among young muslim men and teenagers. I have colleagues at work, who are genuinely convinced Ronaldo himself is a Muslim. Where does that come from? Are my colleagues just weird or is this a thing?

Something I’ve noticed in Germany has me wondering a little. He‘s incredibly popular among young muslim men and teenagers. I have colleagues at work, who are genuinely convinced Ronaldo himself is a Muslim. Where does that come from? Are my colleagues just weird or is this a thing?
Maybe because he plays in Saudi Arabia?

Maybe because he plays in Saudi Arabia?
It started before. But it might just be coincidence. But they were so convinced, I had to check multiple times if I was wrong.

It started before. But it might just be coincidence. But they were so convinced, I had to check multiple times if I was wrong.

Dunno perhaps there is something about him that appeals more to muslim culture of what a real man is. Very extroverted. Doesn't drink. Considered an alpha male. Good looking.

Let's elim6inate the goals Pele scored in Brazil and Ronaldo scored in Saudi and see where the numbers lead us.
Why would we eliminate the goals Pele scored in Brazil? Brazil had the best leagues in the world at the time, as evidenced by their complete domination of international club and country football at the time. That would be silly.

Last edited:
Dunno perhaps there is something about him that appeals more to muslim culture of what a real man is. Very extroverted. Doesn't drink. Considered an alpha male. Good looking.
And yet everything about Ronaldo reeks of insecurity. He’s the exact opposite of my definition of a “real man”.

Why would we eliminate the goals Pele scored in Brazil? Brazil had the best leagues in the world at the time, as evidenced by their complete domination of international club and country football at the time. That would be silly.

You're going to have a hard time convincing anyone the level of defending and competition in 50s Brazil is on par to the Premier League or any other big European league of the present. Football has gone international so the level of quality and competition are lightyears beyond where it was in 1950s Brazil.

You're going to have a hard time convincing anyone the level of defending and competition in 50s Brazil is on par to the Premier League or any other big European league of the present. Football has gone international so the level of quality and competition are lightyears beyond where it was in 1950s Brazil.
Ok, so Where's all the other players that scored 1279 goals if it was so easy back then?

You say the level of defending is better now? I give you the fact that defenders are not allowed to touch attackers nowadays.

For every reason you can give to say that it was easier in the 50s, I can give you a reason why it was harder. 1000 goals is 1000 goals.

Last edited:
Ok, so Where's all the other players that scored 1279 goals if it was so easy back then?

But Pele has not scored 1279 goals.

Literally Fifa even did a dive into this to verify and could not validate any claims.

The only person who claims he has scored that many goals is Pele himself.

The games where he scored those "goals" were not even board sanctioned games.

I mean ffs, he scored 29 goals against the Uruaguay armed forces and that counts towards the tally :lol:

EDIT - to answer your question - there were people in those days who DID

Puskas scored as many goals in sanctioned games as Pele did - only Puskas didn't go around random tours with his club to play exhibition matches against the East Germany Stasi Athletics Union where he banged in 20.