Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Dude just retire, you don't have nothing to prove. Probably top 10 ever, imho, just go in sunset and enjoy with your family.
There’s an article I read where someone spent time with him. He said people might think there is Ronaldo outside the football. But it’s not true. His entire life is geared towards performing. It’s a bit sad really.

All professionals know when their time in the game is coming to a close. He surely feels that the time is now. If he has any sense he’ll retire from international football and do Saudi for another year or two before retiring. He won’t ruin his legacy but many will remember how rubbish he has been the last few years.

It’s easy to blame Martinez for not benching him. But can anyone here tell me benching him wouldn’t have cause a sideshow?
What happened when Fernando Santos tried to bench him? When you don’t give a coach a comfortable environment to make tough decisions, don’t blame him for taking the easy way out. No way Ronaldo would have agreed to be a bit part player. He would have had a mutiny in his hands.

He has done himself no favours with obsession for looking great shirtless in Instagram posts for all his closet homosexual follows, he became to muscular and made his balance and agileness too rigid and it's been this way for years with him now and was clearly evident at united and its the same type of shots that highlight this where the ball is at an angle to side of the goal posts and relied on him to try and maintain balance when shooting across his body

It’s easy to blame Martinez for not benching him. But can anyone here tell me benching him wouldn’t have cause a sideshow?
What happened when Fernando Santos tried to bench him? When you don’t give a coach a comfortable environment to make tough decisions, don’t blame him for taking the easy way out. No way Ronaldo would have agreed to be a bit part player. He would have had a mutiny in his hands.
In the world cup, Ronaldo was on the bench in the quarter final and he only came on the 51st to chase the game. They lost 1-0.

You most certainly have to blame the manager if he takes the easy way out. Regardless of the outcome the manager is the one in the firing line. ETH realised this and made the tough decision to remove Ronaldo from the team.
Santos done it and the team played better, you could see them struggle with Ronaldo up top, it just wasn’t working. The free kicks taken were ridiculous at times.

Who cares if you had a mutiny, then you don’t deserve to play for the team if you can’t accept the managers decision.

So if Martinez stays as manager for the World Cup and Ronaldo wants to stay playing at Internation level does that mean he can’t be dropped?

There’s an article I read where someone spent time with him. He said people might think there is Ronaldo outside the football. But it’s not true. His entire life is geared towards performing. It’s a bit sad really.
I cannot imagine him handling life without football well. That is probably also a reason why he refuses to stop. He will never be a coach and I don‘t see him as a pundit. Ageing fitness influencer on Instagram or what is his future?

A lot of unjustified hate here. No idea why. He was poor but its not like he was missing chance after chance. Portugal were poor - And Bruno had a shocker of a tournament as well but hey we have to blame it on one man.

I really don’t understand the hate. No one is performing well this Euros - its a horrible tournament.
Would Portugal have created more chances with a centre forward who can press? Work the channels? Run in behind? Hold the ball up? Pull CBs out of position? Cause that's the job of a centre forward and Ronaldo can't do any of that anymore.

Ramos would have done everything Ronaldo can't anymore. Who knows what would have happened if he played.

First it was that he had played "well". Now that he "did his job". Guys, it was a Euro QF, everybody on here actually watched the match, there's no point in lying.

All professionals know when their time in the game is coming to a close. He surely feels that the time is now. If he has any sense he’ll retire from international football and do Saudi for another year or two before retiring. He won’t ruin his legacy but many will remember how rubbish he has been the last few years.
In 15-20 years all you'll see are clips of him at his peak and that's all anyone will remember. No one will give a shit that he wore out his welcome and stunk out the place for a while.

Santos set it up nicely for Roberto to come in and freeze him out. He dropped him in the world cup and even Ronaldo (from the way he reacted to their exit) felt that was his last game for Portugal. Roberto Martinez could have just not picked him after that but he decided to re-intergrate him back in the team, so in my view it's all on him.

Don't you think he let Bruno take one because of the media pile during and after the match where he'd wasted a ton of freekicks and broke down crying? Dont you think Ronaldo broke down crying and looked like that statue because he was aware of how wank he'd played?

And when was the last time Bruno scored from a freekick? Why judge him by different standards? How many have scored from freekicks this Euro?

Ronaldo broke down because nothing is going for him the last few years. It takes a toll on anyone, let alone someone whos hated by so many.

Like I said, Portugal were awful as a unit and those blaming only Ronaldo for that were just waiting for them to crash out and are not objective in their opinion.

@Chesterlestreet

A bit OT.

What do you think Ronaldo's bankai looks like? I imagine it as him turning into a hybrid of his 2 statues. The one with the hideous face and the other one with his boner. In this Bankai every touch in the box is a penalty and every penalty is converted

To be honest, his heavy breathing and postures before any freekick is more like that lightning breathing dude than bankai.

Its weird that Ronaldo gets hate but Kroos, Modric, Lewandowski, Gundogan, Muller did crap all whilst being younger aswell.

Love You Ronaldo! :drool: 2nd GOAT in the world and continue to be proud of it! Absolute legend but its time to retire from International Football.
Bloody hell. Well, this is a little bit weird....

Santos set it up nicely for Roberto to come in and freeze him out. He dropped him in the world cup and even Ronaldo (from the way he reacted to their exit) felt that was his last game for Portugal. Roberto Martinez could have just not picked him after that but he decided to re-intergrate him back in the team, so in my view it's all on him.
I don't know how it works for Portugal specifically, but for a lot of national teams, the head coach isn't in charge of deciding who gets called up.

It's time he needs to go out with some pride rather than trying to go on and have people talk about how bad he's been. He just needs to accept that he's past his prime and bow out gracefully.

It's time he needs to go out with some pride rather than trying to go on and have people talk about how bad he's been. He just needs to accept that he's past his prime and bow out gracefully.

I think its a bit late for that. He's pushing 40 and has elected to finish his career bathed in Saudi cash. But as someone else above said, in a decade or two, no one will remember how he wound down his career - they will remember the tricks, the goals, and the trophies.

I think its a bit late for that. He's pushing 40 and has elected to finish his career bathed in Saudi cash. But as someone else above said, in a decade or two, no one will remember how he wound down his career - they will remember the tricks, the goals, and the trophies.
Yep and there's a fine line between passion and obsession. I love the guy and I love watching him play but it's not the same as maybe 5 years ago. He needs to hang it up.

Hm, i am not sure that Martinez had a choice. My guess is that Ronaldo has huge influence in national FA and Martinez got a job based on his plans with Ronaldo. With playing Ronaldo every minute he will get Ronaldo's backing. And avoid sack.

Posters from Portugal will know better about this i guess.

Hm, i am not sure that Martinez had a choice. My guess is that Ronaldo has huge influence in national FA and Martinez got a job based on his plans with Ronaldo. With playing Ronaldo every minute he will get Ronaldo's backing. And avoid sack.

Posters from Portugal will know better about this i guess.
The Portuguese FA boss reports into Ronaldo

And that's why he plays. The Messi vs Ronaldo debate is over. So in his mind, he hopes that Portugal can win something with him involved. Best case scenario, the debate starts again, worst case scenario, Portugal goes out and he becomes a meme for a week or two.

I cannot imagine him handling life without football well. That is probably also a reason why he refuses to stop. He will never be a coach and I don‘t see him as a pundit. Ageing fitness influencer on Instagram or what is his future?
Nah he’ll 100% try coaching, he’s a workaholic and has an ego the size of Portugal itself. He’ll fancy himself to win everything.

Red pill youtuber more likely.

And that's why he plays. The Messi vs Ronaldo debate is over. So in his mind, he hopes that Portugal can win something with him involved. Best case scenario, the debate starts again, worst case scenario, Portugal goes out and he becomes a meme for a week or two.

I don't think its a debate. They'll both be remembered as among the best ever irrespective of what happens in the present. I just think he wants to line his pockets with as much cash as possible before retiring, which I expect to happen soon given the degradation of his play at nearly 40.

In 15-20 years all you'll see are clips of him at his peak and that's all anyone will remember. No one will give a shit that he wore out his welcome and stunk out the place for a while.

Just did a gif search, of all things, to see how much this rings true.... 2 of the top 5 returns were from 2006 (crying at World Cup), and odd practice gif where he's looking at Vidic'(?)s dare I say, package... both 15 years or older.

Nah he’ll 100% try coaching, he’s a workaholic and has an ego the size of Portugal itself. He’ll fancy himself to win everything.
He can be some kind of second Maradona. A washed up has been with a drug problem (sorry not sorry). Or another Andrew Tate.

He can be some kind of second Maradona. A washed up has been with a drug problem (sorry not sorry).
Would be some switch to go from the cleanest living dude to peak Maradona. You never know he might be decent at it, might be terrible.

I don't know how it works for Portugal specifically, but for a lot of national teams, the head coach isn't in charge of deciding who gets called up.
It's Martinez and Jorge Mendes that decide

Just did a gif search, of all things, to see how much this rings true.... 2 of the top 5 returns were from 2006 (crying at World Cup), and odd practice gif where he's looking at Vidic'(?)s dare I say, package... both 15 years or older.

oXRpSpT.gif

I believe this is Park's penis.

Why is it so sacrilege to say he's a bit of a knob? Any of your friends act the way he does they'd get torn to shreds.

Because people have invested so much, emotionally, psychologically, into their fandom, that they take personally any perceived criticism. Would be my guess.

Coaching his kids I expect

All depends how his post playing career goes. Look at Lampard, all set to be remembered as a fantastic one club man. One of the best goalscoring CMs in history. Currently he’s mainly known as a shite manager and a bit of a grumpy twat. See also Steven Gerrard. There’s every chance Ronaldo’s toxic personality will taint his legacy. It’s already started and he hasn’t even retired yet.

All depends how his post playing career goes. Look at Lampard, all set to be remembered as a fantastic one club man. One of the best goalscoring CMs in history. Currently he’s mainly known as a shite manager and a bit of a grumpy twat. See also Steven Gerrard. There’s every chance Ronaldo’s toxic personality will taint his legacy. It’s already started and he hasn’t even retired yet.
That'll pass too when they give up the managerial game. If you're a great player you'll be remembered as that, and if you're a tit that'll be remembered too but mostly buried beneath clips of all the great things you did on the pitch. Guarantee in 2040 all people will be posting about Ronaldo will be the CL latter stage hat tricks, the CL final goals, the Portsmouth FK, nobody today compares, etc. As long as he isn't still playing up front for Portugal by then.

I really hope he plays WC2026. It will be meme-fantastic.