Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Played 5 games, 4 of them the full game and two went to extra time and he didn't look like scoring at all. Such a disaster.

Genuinely less tears from Ronaldo when his team has been knocked out compared to when he passed up the opportunity to get his goal and headlines, they still had the chance to go through when he cried.

He was shocking , his ego won't let him play the role he should have. The fellaini role. Bring him on last 10 mins when launching balls into the box

Played 5 games, 4 of them the full game and two went to extra time and he didn't look like scoring at all. Such a disaster.
He should've scored tonight, golden chance that Ronaldo of old would've lashed in

Well thats surely Ronaldo done at international level. What an amazing career, I still remember when he subbed on for his first game for Utd, everyone at the ground knew we had found someone special.
Never forget that game. Maybe it’s just because I was younger, or maybe it’s the fact that United were good, but I remember the sport being so exciting and look back fondly.

Buzzing seeing him come on for the first time. Always remember thinking there could only be one Ronaldo, but boy was I wrong. He was literally breathtaking to watch. Frustrating at times, of course, yet always liable to conjure up some magic that nobody else could. The defenders clearly weren’t as fit as they are now and they literally had no idea what to do about him, more often than not they crapped themselves when he ran at then

Also amazing how we found him in a friendly game. Love the story of the players telling the boss “we need to sign this kid!”

Clearly way past his best now, which is no surprise given his age. International career comes to a close, but wow what a talent.

Had no business being at the tournament nevermind playing every minute. A manager is going to have to bite the bullet and end his international career cause it’s obvious, he won’t do it himself.

He was an absolute handicap for Portugal this tournament. Zero goal contributions, looked slow, out of his depth. Made the team look like they were trying to drive with the handbrake on. Did nothing for 120 minutes today, looked like an amateur player winning a competition to play with pros. Had a golden chance and fluffed it, a chance I’m sure Jota would’ve buried. For Martinez to play him in every game, every minute was nothing short of disgraceful and negligent. He’s done the entire nation of Portugal dirty.

Someone needs to look in Ronaldo’s purse, and find Martinez his balls.

Absolutely embarrassing how much smoke the BBC were blowing up his arse when he’s clearly been a massive hindrance. Two full 120 minute games in a week is hilarious though. I kinda wanted them to go through just to see how much worse he’d have been against Spain whilst still being unable to bring off. Or all the way to the final, full extra time in every game just to make spectacle even more absurd. Really push that delusion to breaking point. See what happens

I need Argentina to win the Copa just to see the entire Ronaldo family meltdown.

interesting how he cried when he missed a penalty in extra time against slovenia, but no tears losing tonight.

Ruined our chances because of his ego.
Martinez is a coward.
5 games 0 goals, he is finished, get out our national team already!

He cried when he missed his penalty mid game but didn’t cry when his team is out of the tournament.

Has SirAF appeared with any “suck it” type remarks yet :lol:

Probably counting those two shot out goals towards his tally.

GMB-Piers-Morgan-shares-touching-and-funny-clips-from-interview-with-late-Stephen-Hawking.jpg

That Portugal squad is stacked and they have wasted it to to baby a man child through his existential ageing crisis.

Pathetic.
It's nuts. Ramos is 23 and wasted on the bench. He could have held the ball up,worked the channels, pulled the CBs out of position and all the other stuff a striker does for his team. Instead a way way past it for this level of football ego, decides that his own glory is worth more than that of his team. He can't do anything anymore that a forward is supposed to.

He needs to retire from international football. It's embarrassing.

I’ll never forget that game where our wingers were laying it on a plate for him all match and he missed every chance, I realised then that he was done at this level… the absolute cheek to sit down and conduct an interview blaming everybody else.. he just can’t accept his age has caught up with him, it’s sad to see

Ruined our chances because of his ego.
Martinez is a coward.
5 games 0 goals, he is finished, get out our national team already!
When do the next qualifiers start? He is probably already excited about playing Faroer, Andorra and Liechtenstein again.

It's like he's a disabled kid and the remaining 10 people make him happy by putting him on the team and having fun.

Jota and Ramos must be thinking to themselves what the actual f**k. He's done at this level completely. Its a shame to see him come to this and he has to realize himself he's done.

When do the next qualifiers start? He is probably already excited about playing Faroer, Andorra and Liechtenstein again.

He will be there and he will score a goal. Combine that with his scoring in the Saudi league and his (deluded) fans will claim he is still elite.

That will be the focus now. There is 0% chance he quits himself. Only hope for Portugal now is a new boss and a penalty loss to France probably isn’t enough to do it.

Its sad to see him playing now, its like hes a shadow of himself.

Portugal ironically need someone to make a big decision like Southgate did with Rooney at the start.

Germany brought Muller on with a few minutes to go and hes at least 50 odd years old, its that role Ronaldo should been playing.

Insane to keep him for 120 minutes when you have Jota and Ramos on your bench. That game could have been won.

He also seemed far more upset missing a penalty and a chance to score than he was to see his team lose.

Unfortunately for Portugal he will stick around for the next tournament as well.

Absolutely embarrassing how much smoke the BBC were blowing up his arse when he’s clearly been a massive hindrance. Two full 120 minute games in a week is hilarious though. I kinda wanted them to go through just to see how much worse he’d have been against Spain whilst still being unable to bring off. Or all the way to the final, full extra time in every game just to make spectacle even more absurd. Really push that delusion to breaking point. See what happens

They did push it to breaking point, and they broke :lol: . But I’m with you, the whole spectacle was so ludicrous, I was intrigued to see how far Martinez was willing to take it. I fully believe that even though there’s an element of parody to your post, that’s actually an accurate prediction of what would’ve happened. All while he continued to contribute nothing and score zero goals.

Not scoring a goal in 5 games against those opponents and the tactic is you are doing nothing but poaching I'm the box is extremely bad.

Shame he's so caught up his own ass he couldn't bow out at a respectable age and gas let himself become a meme, because that's all he is at this point. Hurting his own legacy because of how bad he is now, and worse than that, killing his countries chances at a world cup and euros because of his own ego.

Had no business being at the tournament nevermind playing every minute. A manager is going to have to bite the bullet and end his international career cause it’s obvious, he won’t do it himself.

Mourinho would've done it 100% if he'd taken over 18 months ago.

Mourinho has shown many flaws in management in last decade but undeniable he'd have had the balls to make that decision for the good of the team and in reality it's cost Portugal a serious chance of winning the tournament when you look at the general quality.