Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

Mourinho or Sergio Conceição would have definitely get rid of Ronaldo but I think we will be stuck with Martinez for a while.

Insane to keep him for 120 minutes when you have Jota and Ramos on your bench. That game could have been won.

He also seemed far more upset missing a penalty and a chance to score than he was to see his team lose.

I don’t think anyone sane was ever in any doubt that Ronaldo has only ever been in it for himself. He’s been a massive twat his entire career. A petulant child with a galactic ego. He was able to get away with it because of his prodigious scoring ability, but sometime around 5-6 years ago his mobility started to go and he became something of a problem for every team he played for. Because even when he was still scoring goals, he was so static and lazy off the ball that he made teams play worse. And that was when he was still capable of 30-35 goals a season at the top level.

He’s now at the point where he’s dropped to semi-pro level to keep scoring the goals and be allowed to play the diva in every match. Flapping his arms about and whining, and in Saudi Arabia that’s okay. Every game is just a Harlem Globetrotters style exhibition circus without spectators. But he’s carried that on to the elite international stage and made clowns out of himself and his manager. Although the lack of testes on Martinez to pick him in the first place, let alone give him back to back 120 minute appearances, would suggest he’s every bit the clown Ronaldo has made him look.

Laughable to think that Jota, Ramos and Neto received zero minutes in that match, and Bruno Fernandes was hauled off instead of this mummified baby-dicked prima Donna.

Played 5 games, 4 of them the full game and two went to extra time and he didn't look like scoring at all. Such a disaster.
He's now played 21 knockout matches in the Euros and the World Cup and scored 3 goals. At the highest level, in the biggest matches, when the pressure is really on, he doesn't deliver.

Still have to put him right up there all time because of all he's achieved, but it's an incontrovertible fact at this stage.

He cried when he missed his penalty mid game but didn’t cry when his team is out of the tournament.
It's much easier when it's not your fault. Today he did his job. Do you imply that he's not unhappy?

Absolutely shite. His ship has sailed.

A burden for Portugal as expected before the start of the tournament. No goal in 5 games with two extra-time is terrible when you're useless on the pitch otherwise. A missed pen against Slovenia, a huge chance missed tonight and nowhere to be found on a few really good crosses from his teammates. He looked like a sunday league player in there.

No matter how little he does on the pitch, once he is selected for the squad, you simply have to play him.

The media attention and drama caused by dropping him would be very difficult for any manager to cope with.

It's much easier when it's not your fault. Today he did his job. Do you imply that he's not unhappy?
He didn’t do his job. He missed a sitter in ET. He was nonexistent the rest of the game. And he deferred to France for penalties so they can go first. But sure since he scored a penalty he did his job?

I don’t think anyone sane was ever in any doubt that Ronaldo has only ever been in it for himself. He’s been a massive twat his entire career. A petulant child with a galactic ego. He was able to get away with it because of his prodigious scoring ability, but sometime around 5-6 years ago his mobility started to go and he became something of a problem for every team he played for. Because even when he was still scoring goals, he was so static and lazy off the ball that he made teams play worse. And that was when he was still capable of 30-35 goals a season at the top level.

He’s now at the point where he’s dropped to semi-pro level to keep scoring the goals and be allowed to play the diva in every match. Flapping his arms about and whining, and in Saudi Arabia that’s okay. Every game is just a Harlem Globetrotters style exhibition circus without spectators. But he’s carried that on to the elite international stage and made clowns out of himself and his manager. Although the lack of testes on Martinez to pick him in the first place, let alone give him back to back 120 minute appearances, would suggest he’s every bit the clown Ronaldo has made him look.

Laughable to think that Jota, Ramos and Neto received zero minutes in that match, and Bruno Fernandes was hauled off instead of this mummified baby-dicked prima Donna.
:lol:

The documentary about the psyche and downfall is going to be phenomenal viewing.

I don't know who it is, but it's certainly not the manager who decides when Ronaldo plays.

I'm doubtful that it's Ronaldo either. It looks like a money decision. Some guys in suits at the Portuguese FA will have done the sums. Ronaldo increases income for them. It comes from above.

I always wondered how Martinez got the gig. He's a puppet. That's the only way it makes any sense to me.

How will personal spokesman MrEleson spin this one, I thought he was still better than Haaland.

Homelander lost his powers 2 years ago and everyone is still suffering with so much PTSD from having to put up with his man child behaviour they don't realise there is nothing forcing them now.

It's hard to understand how he can go from being distraught at missing an extra time penalty to seemingly becoming nonplussed at being knocked out in the next game.

We know why, but it's not normal.

There are people still defending this man after last night's match. Starting to look like a cult...

There are people still defending this man after last night's match. Starting to look like a cult...
These Ronaldo bots are something else. He could take a dump in the middle of the pitch and they'd support him for it.

It's truly bizarre.

What was his job? Not scoring a goal? Being a static CF that holds his team back and waves his arms every time the ball isn’t magnetically drawn to his head?

The one good thing Nuno did for Portugal was to drop this guy for the benefit of the team, at the last WC. Somehow, since then, 2 years on, with even heavier legs and slower instincts, Ronaldo has somehow become good enough to ruin the prospects of his team mates. What all their midfield talent needed was a workhorse CF like Germany have, to hold it up, run the channels and be a physical nuisance.

Ruined our chances because of his ego.
Martinez is a coward.
5 games 0 goals, he is finished, get out our national team already!
What was the reaction over there to him being selected? I would have thought that common sense would have prevailed when he was dropped at the last WC and his replacement scored a hattrick. Seemed like a perfect transitional moment.

The whole 5 games 0 goals is disastrous given all he does is stand in the box expecting service, ranting when he doesn’t get it and offering nothing in general. The whole point of him being there (which he shouldn’t) is for his goals to make up for the rest which is poor.

Has any national team player hold back their own national team as much as him? I reckon even those San Marino players still put their hearts out there they just lacked the footballing resources to do it. Ronaldo didnt care at all about his country, only himself, and that makes him the biggest obstacle for any NT ever, even bigger than actually crap players (that are not even at fault for being selected).

Lets not kid ourselves, Martinez got the job after the approval of Ronaldo. Its plain to see.

Cringe..

44278679_605.jpg

These Ronaldo bots are something else. He could take a dump in the middle of the pitch and they'd support him for it.

It's truly bizarre.

If he plays poorly, there are posters who immediately pile in here to point it out. It works both ways.

He played a poor game but it's ridiculous that people are blaming the manager for this.

International football is all about politics and image. I can guarantee you that decision whether to play Ronaldo or not doesn't come down to the manager but was decided by the higher ups.

Martinez most likely had clear instructions to play him and this was probably made clear to him before he was chosen for the job.

Ronaldo is simply the most marketable player, he generates numbers and brings attention to the tournament. There is a very powerful interest that he plays as much as possible. Him and Messi are going to keep playing for their national teams for as long as they want.

You need to take into account various sponsorship and TV deals.

Remember how they forced the Brazilian Ronaldo to play in WC 1998 final after he nearly died.

International football is a joke where winning tournaments doesn't even matter but it's more about marketing the international cups to a wide audience and getting the biggest amount of big names to play.

the truth that his fans & the media won't talk about is .... he was never a big game player in any of portugal's big games & against big teams

in his all euro's tournaments he never won the mvp of the tournament
the same with world cups too

he depends on his time with daddy Perez and real madrid's & his record of goals against weak nations teams like san marino armenia etc etc

those calling him one a top 10 player all time knows nothing about football & greatness

15 years ago or today the outcome is the same ... just waiting in the box for a gift

well deserved ending for one of the most overrated players ever

He played a poor game but it's ridiculous that people are blaming the manager for this.

International football is all about politics and image. I can guarantee you that decision whether to play Ronaldo or not doesn't come down to the manager but was decided by the higher ups.

Martinez most likely had clear instructions to play him and this was probably made clear to him before he was chosen for the job.

Ronaldo is simply the most marketable player, he generates numbers and brings attention to the tournament. There is a very powerful interest that he plays as much as possible. Him and Messi are going to keep playing for their national teams for as long as they want.

You need to take into account various sponsorship and TV deals.

Remember how they forced the Brazilian Ronaldo to play in WC 1998 final after he nearly died.

International football is a joke where winning tournaments doesn't even matter but it's more about marketing the international cups to a wide audience and getting the biggest amount of big names to play.

You can't tell me it's more marketable to perish in the QFs by your own choice than to reach the finals, possibly even win it. Because Spain is vulnerable as Germany showed yesterday.

I'm sure Ronaldo has his connections high up the Portugal chain of command but in the end the manager is responsible for the team results and responsible for who plays.

This team would 5000% be better with Jota or Ramos or even Felix instead of Cristiano.

You can't tell me it's more marketable to perish in the QFs by your own choice than to reach the finals, possibly even win it. Because Spain is vulnerable as Germany showed yesterday.

I'm sure Ronaldo has his connections high up the Portugal chain of command but in the end the manager is responsible for the team results and responsible for who plays.

This team would 5000% be better with Jota or Ramos or even Felix instead of Cristiano.

Playing Cristiano Ronaldo and being eliminated in the quarters is more marketable to general public than Portugal winning the Euros.

The target audience for the Euros are people who barely even follow football and who are only interested in big names. They don't care about a team of no-names winning the tournament.

Greece won the Euro in 2004, did this suddenly make their players marketable?

People want to see stars like Ronaldo and are willing to pay huge money for it.

UEFA and football associations benefit from TV rights, tickets and merchandise. It's not hard to see why they want to play Ronaldo as much as possible.

These are gimmick tournaments, it's not a real competitive sport. I thought people realized this when gave Messi half a dozen of penalties on the last WC.

Playing Cristiano Ronaldo and being eliminated in the quarters is more marketable to general public than Portugal winning the Euros.

The target audience for the Euros are people who barely even follow football and who are only interested in big names. They don't care about a team of no-names winning the tournament.

UEFA and football associations benefit from TV rights, tickets and merchandise. It's not hard to see why they want to play Ronaldo as much as possible.

These are gimmick tournaments, it's not a real competitive sport. I thought people realized this when gave Messi half a dozen of penalties on the last WC.

what a load of nonsense :lol: Yeah no one was ever paying to go and watch the euros unless Ronaldo was there. I’ll be amazed if anyone tunes on TV or travels to watch the next one without him. Nobody even watched the Euros until he made it to the top.

And obviously it’s aimed at people who aren’t interested in football, because why focus on the millions of people who already love the game when you can forget them and focus on marketing it to people who aren’t interested. You’re probably right about Martinez having been advised to play him, the rest of more nonsense dreamed up by the guys cult. When he won the thing it was all that mattered, now it isn’t even a proper competitive sport etc etc. The last part sums up the entire agenda here. Deranged.

Logic does not match. Gave messi half a dozen of pens in last WC = Gimmick. Did not give CR7 half a dozen of pens so they couldnt win this euros = also Gimmick?

So which is which, giving or not giving pens = gimmick?

Pretty sure he will play the 2026 WC and retire from the NT or even football altogether. I would bet on him wanting to play that though.

Portugal need to use him as the Netherlands use Weghorst, but i doubt it. Better to not select him at all, but he is a god there and people let it happen. Similar to Messi and Argentina, it is time for both of them to retire from the NT and let the young ones take over, they will have better chances to win silverware than with them.They are overshadowing everything and ruining the whole team with their presence, as they pass the ball to them all the time and they arent as good anymore. They both have better players and could improve the team play mich more. Sad to see so much potential go to waste.

National team managers being forced to play marketable players has been a thing in football for a long time and is widely known.

In the 90s Nike dictated who Brazil should play. Brazil were forced to play their biggest stars as much as possible.

They forced R9 to play the WC final in 1998. Do you think playing R9 who had a near death experience and spent the previous night in hospital was benefical for Brazil, and this was manager's choice? It clearly wasn't. But there was nothing he could do about it, because Nike told him what to do.

Why do you think no respectable manager in his prime doesn't want to go to international football?

Because once you become a manager of a national team, you're given a list of players who have to play no matter what.

This is why Southgate keeps playing Kane, Foden and Bellingham and will never drop them no matter what.

These managers are all yes men who get told what to do. Martinez was told to play Ronaldo no matter what. It's as simple as this. Nothing he could do about it.

Logic does not match. Gave messi half a dozen of pens in last WC = Gimmick. Did not give CR7 half a dozen of pens so they couldnt win this euros = also Gimmick?

He was literally given the softest penalty possible against Slovenia.

He was literally given the softest penalty possible against Slovenia.

And literally wasn’t given a clear penalty against Georgia when he was held in the box. You’re making this up as you go along, and for what? To simultaneously excuse Ronaldo’s miserable tournament while whittling Argentina’s World Cup down to referees working to achieve that narrative? Standard Ronaldo cult.

Need pics of his face when Bruno stole that free kick in the first half

Because once you become a manager of a national team, you're given a list of players who have to play no matter what.

Mental gymnastics at its finest, delusion level at max. And you are the only one who knows this here? :lol:

How did Santos bench Ronaldo in the WC? They forgot to include his name in the list given to Santos?

Potential reason 1. He was shit (the general opinion)
Potential reason 2. He was not marketable anymore (La Bomba logic)
Potential reason 3. Ronaldo benched is more marketable to non-football audience than to football audience (La Bonmba logic)

I love ronalod fans coping' style, now calling WC, Euros gimmick tourneys:lol:

Last edited:

That’s one of the most stupid posts I’ve read on here. :lol:

Good luck with seeking promotion.

baby-dicked prima Donna.
:lol:

What a load of shit.

Dude just retire, you don't have nothing to prove. Probably top 10 ever, imho, just go in sunset and enjoy with your family.

Its weird that Ronaldo gets hate but Kroos, Modric, Lewandowski, Gundogan, Muller did crap all whilst being younger aswell.

Love You Ronaldo! :drool: 2nd GOAT in the world and continue to be proud of it! Absolute legend but its time to retire from International Football.