Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

It's hard to understand how he can go from being distraught at missing an extra time penalty to seemingly becoming nonplussed at being knocked out in the next game.

We know why, but it's not normal.

Tbf he was probably aware of the media attention about him crying and made a consciousness effort to look more stoic in defeat.

Its weird that Ronaldo gets hate but Kroos, Modric, Lewandowski, Gundogan, Muller did crap all whilst being younger aswell.

Love You Ronaldo! :drool: 2nd GOAT in the world and continue to be proud of it! Absolute legend but its time to retire from International Football.

Its probably got something to do with his personality and his behaviour especially to being subbed or benched both for Portugal and Man Utd. I mean he literally tried to claim Brunos goal in the last wc despite technology confirming he didnt touch the ball. His decision making on the pitch, taking almost every fk and going for the glory every time.

He's simply so selfish. The Portugal squad on 2022 and 2024 was strong enough to go all the way, but persisting with Ronaldo up front has been like playing with 10 men.

I don't know how managers and teammates tolerate the free kick nonsense.

Decent scoring opportunities pissed away for a decade so he can kick the ball as hard as he can and hope to fluke some knuckle ball swerve. It's outrageous.

Decent scoring opportunities pissed away for a decade so he can kick the ball as hard as he can and hope to fluke some knuckle ball swerve. It's outrageous.
1 free kick scored in 60 attempts at major tournaments. It's appalling.

the one free kick he took from wide right summed up how selfish he was

there was no way in a million years he was scoring that, and it was a great position to put in a cross

What was the reaction over there to him being selected? I would have thought that common sense would have prevailed when he was dropped at the last WC and his replacement scored a hattrick. Seemed like a perfect transitional moment.

The whole 5 games 0 goals is disastrous given all he does is stand in the box expecting service, ranting when he doesn’t get it and offering nothing in general. The whole point of him being there (which he shouldn’t) is for his goals to make up for the rest which is poor.

Everyone expected him to start, everyone knows he is finished but a lot of his fans get offended if anyone talks shit about him.

There was a young journalist girl on tv that said the obvious, that everyone knows Ronaldo is past it and should never start for the national team and all his fans got offended. The other journalists looked at her like she was crazy. She was right .

The cult of personality behind him is ridiculous.

I thought La Bomba was just on a wum earlier in the week but it seems they’re actually serious. Mental gymnastics is mental.

He has had more more shots than anyone in this euro and scored zero goals. He hasnt scored a goal from open play in a major international tournament since 2021.

Remember the good old days at the beginning of the tournament when some of his cultists on here were trying to convince us he was playing "well", forgetting this is not the Saudi league and all of us are actually watching the matches?

Mental gymnastics at its finest, delusion level at max. And you are the only one who knows this here? :lol:

Most people simply don't want their delusions shattered and want to believe in what they're sold.

The same reason why football fans are oblivious to PED use in football and think their sport is "clean".

How did Santos bench Ronaldo in the WC? They forgot to include his name in the list given to Santos?

He tried to play games and got sacked as a result. The Portuguese FA was sure to make it clear to the new manager to never do that anymore. Hence Ronaldo never gets benched anymore.

That free kick towards the end of normal time where he kicked it against the wall instead of crossing it in sums the man up. He was never going to score from that angle

Most people simply don't want their delusions shattered and want to believe in what they're sold.
Agree, you're a clear example of that in this thread. The only difference is you seem to create & sell delusions only for yourself.

He tried to play games and got sacked as a result. The Portuguese FA was sure to make it clear to the new manager to never do that anymore. Hence Ronaldo never gets benched anymore.

source 1: Ronaldo's WC knockout goal
source 2: Ronaldo's sister
source 3: La Bomba, the least delusional Ronaldo fan

Were you there when these conversations took place or got this info as an undercover agent because no other fans even Portuguese fans on football forums seem to be aware of this BS agreement? :lol:

Santos didn't get sacked because he benched Ronaldo, he got sacked because he was a clueless idiot who squandered the talent at his disposal. He's already been sacked subsequently by Poland and Besiktas and is managing the Azerbaijan NT - because he's fecking awful at his job and always has been.

Shouldn't have even been in the squad. Mental that Portugal sacrificed any chance of winning just so they could play Ronaldo.

Him laughing on the ground in the huddle whilst Martinez gave the team talk was also a bit bizarre.

there was no way in a million years he was scoring that, and it was a great position to put in a cross
I laughed out loud at that.

Great player but he's quite obviously done at the top. No harm in him still being around as an impact sub if he would ever accept such a role, but to be playing every minute of every game while players with pace and dynamism like Leao, Bruno, Jota etc get taken off or don't play, is a joke at this stage.

He's got nothing left to prove to anyone now, he's just tarnishing his own legacy by playing the way he is, in the end the Portuguese people/fans will only resent him for his selfish behaviour.

Great player but he's quite obviously done at the top. No harm in him still being around as an impact sub if he would ever accept such a role, but to be playing every minute of every game while players with pace and dynamism like Leao, Bruno, Jota etc get taken off or don't play, is a joke at this stage.

He's got nothing left to prove to anyone now, he's just tarnishing his own legacy by playing the way he is, in the end the Portuguese people/fans will only resent him for his selfish behaviour.
And the ironic thing is that if he’d accepted that lesser, supporting role, not only would Portugal have potentially gone further, but he would have had a better chance of personal glory by grabbing late some goals as a sub against tired defenders.

Mourinho or Sergio Conceição would have definitely get rid of Ronaldo but I think we will be stuck with Martinez for a while.
Why would Ronaldo sack Martinez and hire any of those 2? Wouldn't make any sense

Everyone expected him to start, everyone knows he is finished but a lot of his fans get offended if anyone talks shit about him.

There was a young journalist girl on tv that said the obvious, that everyone knows Ronaldo is past it and should never start for the national team and all his fans got offended. The other journalists looked at her like she was crazy. She was right .

The cult of personality behind him is ridiculous.

What a shame for Portugal, based on Vitinha and Nuno Mendes performances this tournament, Gonçalo Ramos would have been another useful option from PSG

He was bad today, not awuful, but like Messi yesterday, anonymous, without enough movement or spark.
In any case the game itself was too much pragmatic from both sides.

Didn't get why CR choose to shoot second, if it happens what actually happened it creates some sort of psychological advantage to shoot, it feels like all the time you have two goals in favor even if it's just one
I'm genuinely curious as to what "awful" looks like for you. I'm not seeing how an attacking player could possibly be worse.

Passing, shooting, intelligence, making runs, pressing, set pieces, chance creation, dribbling, first touch, etc. In which aspect of any one of these was there a positive contribution of any sort across 120 mins?
I count one defensive header :confused:

Man, I'd be so bummed if I was Portuguese. They could have quite easily won the tournament if they'd dropped him, even with their bum of a manager.

Its weird that Ronaldo gets hate but Kroos, Modric, Lewandowski, Gundogan, Muller did crap all whilst being younger aswell.

Love You Ronaldo! :drool: 2nd GOAT in the world and continue to be proud of it! Absolute legend but its time to retire from International Football.

They were all better than Ronaldo and less detrimental to their teams than Ronaldo. Kroos especially who was brilliant in the first game and hit a level Ronaldo wasn’t near. Only the last game Kroos wasn’t as good against Rodri who is outstanding. Gundogan was decent, Muller didn’t start? And when he came on he caused a lot of problems for Spain. Lewandowski was injured for 2 games then wasn’t too bad when he came on for a little while when Poland were out. Modric was probably the closest to Ronaldo in being way past his best but at least he’s still a team player.

Yeah that was criminal. Don't know why Portugal players even bothered going in the box, he only ever shoots.

Yeah that was criminal. Don't know why Portugal players even bothered going in the box, he only ever shoots.
It also would've been a good opportunity for him to be one of the few in the box too.

I think, at that point , I just came to the conclusion he was taking the piss

If they want to play him, then at least they need someone up top with him or runners close to him. None of that yesterday. It’s ridiculous how a national team is pandering to one person. If he cared about the team, he would know himself, but he only cares about himself.

That free kick which he buried into the wall should've been a cross or gone to a left footer for a chance on goal. But no he just torpedoes it straight line into oblivion. The thing is he genuinely believed he was gonna score that, with the stance, eyes closed, exhaling and everything.

I was expecting his batshit crazy sister or gf to post some stuff on twitter how he's still the best player in the world and the other Portugese players are at fault for not passing the ball to him enough :D

I thought La Bomba was just on a wum earlier in the week but it seems they’re actually serious. Mental gymnastics is mental.
I also thougt it was a WUM wumming (while being bad at it) but then realized they were serious. Therefore, to „ignore“ they go.

Need pics of his face when Bruno stole that free kick in the first half
Which is why he instructed his dutiful employee to sub Bruno at the first opportunity where it wouldn't look sus ;)

Staring and smiling into Martinez's eyes during the team talk like a proud teacher whose favourite pet is following all instructions to the T.

Wait they won the coin flip and Ronaldo chose to go second? Ffs what’s with this Portuguese self sabotage, first Bruno for United, now this shit

Their options off the bench were Jota and Ramos. They 100% should have benched this part-timer but they weren't winning shite with either of those other 2 either

Which is why he instructed his dutiful employee to sub Bruno at the first opportunity where it wouldn't look sus ;)

Staring and smiling into Martinez's eyes during the team talk like a proud teacher whose favourite pet is following all instructions to the T.
I was surprised Bruno came out for the second half :lol:

Also, Martinez face when he scored the penalty just left me speechless. Looked like they'd won...

Their options off the bench were Jota and Ramos. They 100% should have benched this part-timer but they weren't winning shite with either of those other 2 either

Spain has Morata and are doing well.
I think with Jota as a false 9 we would do much better. Someone that actually runs and presses.