Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

I see a few posts referencing Ronaldo crying after the 08 CL final when Anelka's pen was saved by VDS. Tbh that annoyed me like crazy, shouldn't your first instinct be to run towards the VDS like the entire squad did but instead he drops to the grass "crying" again making it all about himself. His actions give off a feeling of zero team spirit or togetherness and instead total individualism.
Agree! I have been saying this about him for long now. He was always selfish but he has taken it to an extreme level these past 3-4 years. Everything is about him. You can see he is not happy if the team wins but he has not contributed anything. The only thing that makes him happy is his scoring or the team winning if he has been involved in scoring and assisting. I so want Portugal to win for Bruno and Dalot but can't stand the media making it all about him.

Him being undroppable for Portugal reminds me of LvG and Rooney - "My captain shell alwaysh play".

That Portugal squad is stacked and they have wasted it to to baby a man child through his existential ageing crisis.

Pathetic.

Portugal need to get him more help, can’t do it all himself

It's kind of sad to watch. One of the greatest players in history but he is just not able to compete at this level anymore. I assume he will retire from international football and spend a year or two more collecting a huge paycheck in Saudi

That Portugal squad is stacked and they have wasted it to to baby a man child through his existential ageing crisis.

Pathetic.
Yes, but the good thing is that they will do exactly same shit for the next World Cup and throw their chances away again

He was second best to almost every chance the team created for him. Him retiring from the National Team allows them to move on from him and play a different style. Also allows them to have someone else take the free kicks

What a pathetic last few years of a career he has had

its hilarious because he deserves that for extreme narcissistic behaviour

he was betrayed by his NT tonight, but he'll be back stronger than ever in 4 years.

Pathetic.
Martinez is such a gutless manager.

He just keeps playing this lamp post upfront because he's scared of dropping him.

Glad Portugal are out just for that reason.

Mbappe showing him the meaning of humility. Playing wide, always trying to set up his teammates, no qualms about being subbed off. If Ronaldo had gone off instead of Bruno, it may have been a different story.

He's been finished as a reliable player at the top level since his second season with us. It was painfully obvious and he made it cloudy with unprofessionalism and whining.

Question is whether the media will speak up and make sure he doesn’t play in the WC! Knowing him, he’ll turn up there as well hoping that the remaining 10 men carry him to the trophy.

Completely daft sub to remove Bruno and keep him on the pitch. So frustrated today.

Everyone could see he was finished at the very top level in 2022.

Beyond parody if Portugal still start him in next few months with any sort of indication they'll pick him for World Cup.

Just give him a farewell game in September and then stop picking him.

Well thats surely Ronaldo done at international level. What an amazing career, I still remember when he subbed on for his first game for Utd, everyone at the ground knew we had found someone special.
What an era, Ronaldo and Messi. We have been so lucky to watch those two. A few more years of club stuff maybe in each of them but its pretty much the end of an era.

Last few years have been a sad end to a great career. It's such a mess

If Martinez had had the balls to sub him off Portugal might have beaten France in normal time. He offered nothing.

He was bad today, not awuful, but like Messi yesterday, anonymous, without enough movement or spark.
In any case the game itself was too much pragmatic from both sides.

Didn't get why CR choose to shoot second, if it happens what actually happened it creates some sort of psychological advantage to shoot, it feels like all the time you have two goals in favor even if it's just one

World Cup at 41 should be fun for the Portuguese! I don’t expect anyone to step in and stop it and he won’t quit before then.

Well thats surely Ronaldo done at international level. What an amazing career, I still remember when he subbed on for his first game for Utd, everyone at the ground knew we had found someone special.
What an era, Ronaldo and Messi. We have been so lucky to watch those two. A few more years of club stuff maybe in each of them but its pretty much the end of an era.
Nah. Hell only stop when their manager has the balls to not to pick him and the Portuguese FA backs them.

Hopefully he is still their main man for WC 2026, pure entertainment:drool::drool:

isn't that some unverified stuff we just like to tell to ourselves? I think he'd be able to go there after all.
Yeah? I have no idea really. I just see the jokes. He's winning the world cup in his last match as a professional then.

Portugal have to drop him and Martinez while there's still time. Fernandes and Silva won't stay young forever. Could even be too late now.

Absurd he was playing every minute up front this tournament.

He's so obviously past it and not good enough anymore but his ego and the cowardice of Martinez means they don't do the right thing and stop playing him. He hasn't scored a goal from open play in his last 12 tournament matches.

Will be hilarious if he's still the main man at the next World Cup :lol: