Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

I see a few posts referencing Ronaldo crying after the 08 CL final when Anelka's pen was saved by VDS. Tbh that annoyed me like crazy, shouldn't your first instinct be to run towards the VDS like the entire squad did but instead he drops to the grass "crying" again making it all about himself. His actions give off a feeling of zero team spirit or togetherness and instead total individualism.

Or maybe it was relief after he thought he had cost us the ucl after his pen miss. I always took it as relief rather than joy.

And why exactly pele, Maradona, Cruyff are better than him? Because they were better dribblers?
There's that, but also better vision, better passing, better playmaking. Overall, simply better footballers.

They were also team players.

He doesn't play a team sport, it is all about him and his ego, what the team can do for him, very rarely what he can do for the team. It is all a bit contemptible.

Players being emotional on the pitch is one thing, that level of narcissism and self absorption is disgusting to watch and shouldn't be normalized or accepted.

He is very capable of still having a major moment, but I hope not, he doesn't deserve it.
Have to say, that freekick he took out on the left wing and still tried to score from it left me disgusted. Imagine playing with that and you cant say anything

Have to say, that freekick he took out on the left wing and still tried to score from it left me disgusted. Imagine playing with that and you cant say anything

It makes absolutely no sense either. He’s all about scoring goals so surely he must realise he’s much more chance if he just goes in the box and lets Bruno or whoever whip it in.

There was a moment in ET where Bernardo skinned two players brilliantly and instantly sought out Ronaldo at the far post instead of a player in the middle who was better positioned to actually score. Its just weird. There's probably going to be a lot of relief in that squad when he's gone.

After that scene someone on Twitter posted, that a freekick to Portugal should be an automatic goalkick for the opponent. :lol:

There was a moment in ET where Bernardo skinned two players brilliantly and instantly sought out Ronaldo at the far post instead of a player in the middle who was better positioned to actually score. Its just weird. There's probably going to be a lot of relief in that squad when he's gone.

Honestly, I don’t find it strange. I think the whole Portugal team is brainwashed by Ronaldo, with the help of Pepe, who also kisses his feet. That’s why during the World Cup, he talked about Argentina when they were eliminated, even though the comment had nothing to do with it.

That’s how it will go for them, it’s very difficult to beat a team playing with 10 against 11. I want to see the tantrum show that Ronaldo is today. It's more entertaining than watching the highlights of his matches.

I was not intending on coming off harshly or anything, but "flow state" is a very real thing in relation to deep work in a whole variety of fields. It has to do with hitting an optimal balance with a task that is not too difficult to frustrate, but not so easy that you'll be bored and don't feel challenged. And the fecker who came up with this is called... Csikszentmihalyi. I had to look it up now, but I swear to Ronaldo I memorized the spelling just to showboat on the exam!

I was going to take a pic of the relevant section in my text book and upload it, but that might be a bit excessive :lol:

Edit: Honnold rocks, and I need to check out that podcast.

I did a similar thing to you and learned to pronounced his name so I could drop it in during a class discussion on behavioural psychology.

We're clearly both very cool :cool:

Flow state. What a load of bollox. That data shows a fit athlete’s heart rate normalising quickly after exertion. Stick the same monitor on every one of those players and you’d see a very similar picture.
Why would we listen to a doctor when the Twitter man says something different? Internet experts trump science every single time. Didn't you learn anything during Covid?

I really don't understand why there's so much vitrol over a guy crying on the pitch. If it's not acceptable to you, fine then don't do it. For me it shows how much he cares. Maybe he cares too much, but why does it concern so many people? A bad tackle for example isn't that spoken of.

I really don't understand why there's so much vitrol over a guy crying on the pitch. If it's not acceptable to you, fine then don't do it. For me it shows how much he cares. Maybe he cares too much, but why does it concern so many people? A bad tackle for example isn't that spoken of.

I think it's because Ronaldo has always been so self-absorbed that it's aggravating for some people to see him crying for himself when you know he could barely muster an interest when someone else scores.

It reminds me of the CL final in 2008 (when he also missed the penalty) and he lay on the floor crying while everyone else ran to Van der Sar for saving the penalty.

I think it's because Ronaldo has always been so self-absorbed that it's aggravating for some people to see him crying for himself when you know he could barely muster an interest when someone else scores.

It reminds me of the CL final in 2008 (when he also missed the penalty) and he lay on the floor crying while everyone else ran to Van der Sar for saving the penalty.

Which got us this iconic picture:

He's selfish, a narcissist and an opportunist. He's had a lot of success with Madrid and United but he doesn't seem to have any real friends from those teams. Doesn't seem to stay in touch as friends with anybody. Usually when you're successful or even unsuccessful, you stay close with at least some of your teammates, he doesn't seem to have any real ex teammate friends

Seems to have a sour relationship with Rooney and Neville because they don't suck up to him the way he wants them to in the media. Didn't congratulate Benzema for his Ballon D'or, upset Modric beat him to one, Bale thinks he's a bellend. He's probably upset at his Madrid team for not winning him more trophies and individual accolades and for not getting him more goals.

Even the Instagram comment he left on Mbappe's profile recently where he announced his Madrid move, which became the most liked comment ever, seemed self-centred and cringe. Most popular player of the new generation moves to Madrid, Ronaldo is thinking how can I make this about me. He normally doesn't proactively make friendly comments about other players. Always thinks about himself.

There are no friends in this business. If anything I respect Ronaldo more because he doesn't care about making friends.

Also the likes of Rooney and Bale should thank him for enabling them to win the CL. They're snakes.

Who would want to be friends with Gary Neville.

In the end, Ronaldo exposed these people. They're jealous because they didn't achieve 1% of what Ronaldo achieved.

There are no friends in this business. If anything I respect Ronaldo more because he doesn't care about making friends.

Also the likes of Rooney and Bale should thank him for enabling them to win the CL. They're snakes.

In the end, Ronaldo exposed these people. They're jealous because they didn't achieve 1% of what Ronaldo achieved.

Bloody hell!

My god, just when I thought I'd read the most delusional stuff in this thread, this gets posted :lol: unreal

That "business" being a team sport, of course.

Football was better off when it was viewed more as an individual sport and you had more entertaining selfish players like Ronaldo. Players that make it about themselves and shoot from crazy angles or try to dribble everyone.

The problem with modern players and modern fans is that they emphasize the team sport aspect and then you get what we have now, boring sport of "team players" where everyone just passes the ball around and you have no strikers and exciting players left.

People can hate Ronaldo all they want, but they can't deny he is still one of the most entertaining players out there. He brings the numbers, makes the headlines, tries to make things happen on the pitch.

I can't believe self-declared "football fans" criticize him for trying to score a free kick from a crazy angle. As a fan, this is exactly what I want to see and what I miss about modern game. I want more players to just shoot and try to make it about themselves.

If you want a "team sport" then watch boring teams like Slovenia trying to defend for their lives. I want to see exciting attacking selfish players like Ronaldo, Robben, Lewandowski, Ibrahimović, Suarez...

Really looks like he's fallen off a cliff physically. He's fluffed so many crosses this tournament as well - it's genuinely pointless to play him at all if he's not finishing because he's among the very worst players in the entire world at every other aspect of forward play. On top of that he's a malignant narcissist who regularly throws tantrums to deflect blame from his own shortcomings.

Absolutely awful captain who has always and will always undermine the team for his own personal glory. He's been by a mile the worst player at the whole tournament thus far given minutes played. Portugal will get smoked if he starts against France.

Football was better off when it was viewed more as an individual sport and you had more entertaining selfish players like Ronaldo. Players that make it about themselves and shoot from crazy angles or try to dribble everyone.

The problem with modern players and modern fans is that they emphasize the team sport aspect and then you get what we have now, boring sport of "team players" where everyone just passes the ball around and you have no strikers and exciting players left.

People can hate Ronaldo all they want, but they can't deny he is still one of the most entertaining players out there. He brings the numbers, makes the headlines, tries to make things happen on the pitch.

I can't believe self-declared "football fans" criticize him for trying to score a free kick from a crazy angle. As a fan, this is exactly what I want to see and what I miss about modern game. I want more players to just shoot and try to make it about themselves.

If you want a "team sport" then watch boring teams like Slovenia trying to defend for their lives. I want to see exciting attacking selfish players like Ronaldo, Robben, Lewandowski, Ibrahimović, Suarez...

Someone like Ronaldinho was a million times more entertaining to watch while still being a team player.

It's not just about grabbing headlines its just decision making.

Someone like Ronaldinho was a million times more entertaining to watch while still being a team player.

It's not just about grabbing headlines its just decision making.

Ronaldinho was not really a team player, and he had 2 years of prime and faded away. He let the team down by not being disciplined and partying. The club was paying him money to deliver and he blew it on booze and parties. You will never see Ronaldo let his team down like this, he always tried his hardest and is one of the most disciplined players ever.

If you want to be successful in football, you need to approach it like an individual sport.

At the end of the day, football players play for money and for themselves, whether they're honest about it or not. Players get paid as individuals and not as a team. The more you develop your brand, the more money you will earn as a football player.

I have more respect for someone like Ronaldo who is perfectly aware of what football is and tries to make the most for himself, then some fake team players and "friends" who would abandon that team for their rivals if they paid them more money.

I love how people paint Ronaldo as some bad guy while praising the likes of Messi and Mbappe who keep extorting their clubs for more money and want ridiculous wages. The supposed "humble" players who care about their "friends".

All the great football players who pretend they are not selfish and egoistic are just fake.

Ronaldinho was not really a team player, and he had 2 years of prime and faded away. He let the team down by not being disciplined and partying. The club was paying him money to deliver and he blew it on booze and parties. You will never see Ronaldo let his team down like this, he always tried his hardest and is one of the most disciplined players ever.

If you want to be successful in football, you need to approach it like an individual sport.

At the end of the day, football players play for money and for themselves, whether they're honest about it or not. Players get paid as individuals and not as a team. The more you develop your brand, the more money you will earn as a football player.

I have more respect for someone like Ronaldo who is perfectly aware of what football is and tries to make the most for himself, then some fake team players and "friends" who would abandon that team for their rivals if they paid them more money.

I love how people paint Ronaldo as some bad guy while praising the likes of Messi and Mbappe who keep extorting their clubs for more money and want ridiculous wages. The supposed "humble" players who care about their "friends".

All the great football players who pretend they are not selfish and egoistic are just fake.
You know, this poster is clearly an extreme Ronaldo acolyte, but I'm not going to pretend like he doesn't have a point here......except in suggesting that people think Mbappe is humble. That part doesn't quite hold up :lol:

This is basically just that Sporting poster but on steroids

At the end of the day, football players pla for money and for themselves, whether they're honest about it or not. Players get paid as individuals and not as a team. The more you develop your brand, the more money you will earn as a football player.

"LA BOMBA" :lol:

I'll leave your RG, Messi, Mbappe and Cris all in the same bag aside, that I do not share, they all are quite diff. even if agree with some points.

And I'll add some extra context:

We fans forget that at the end of the day Clubs are the people in charge at a certain moment and that many of the Laportas and cia of this world use Clubs as plattforms for their own agendas. Players fight for their own interests because the ammount of money they generate its inmense and when their start it's always very hard. Also at the end of the day most of them value their apreciation by what kind of contract the Club offers them and want to have a certain hierarchy be respected.

This view that all players are plain egoistic it's also sthg that clubs in general and some managers like to sell because they know that they can use the love (irrational many times) from us fans for their own purposes, it sometimes go to the extreme of thinking that because of having money they cannot have any sort of mental issue. This means that players are all saints? that they cannot do wrong? nope, but usually in this Roman Circus they still are the Gladiators.

Going back to the selfcentered, egoistic, or huge egos...most of the greatest players ever had a huge Ego in order to cope with what they have to face, still there are levels, some players have a narcissistic edge that goes quite beyond, in their declarations, in their attitude in the pitch, in their actions within the lockeroom and like every person, they change during their lifetime regarding the perception of themselves, their actions, or how they cope and manage themselves when fame shows its teeth.

Maybe , I just don't think Ive ever seen any of the great footballers go to such lengths to prove that their selfishness and collosal ego is real .

Terrible take. You might feel the same when one of your good colleague friends at your day job leaves another for another company for more money when they're ready for a change. Don't take it personally, people don't want to sit in the same place and want change and sometimes want more money too.

Plus Ronaldo literally left Madrid when he didn't need to because he wanted more money than what Juve were offering.

I agree with you that he is one of the most entertaining footballer, but it is for a different reason than even 10 years ago. It is entertaining seeing him acting like he is still 25 year old and his horde of "fans" defending his current ability and mindset, with some personal attacks here and there on folks who dared to criticize him, it is almost as entertaining as watching Putin and his horde of bots justifying his actions :lol:

When i meant Ronaldinho was team player, I mean how he performed in his young, prime and peak years on the pitch. Despite more having more flair and audacity than any player i have seen, he just loved setting up his teammates and making the team tick. He was also a bit of a mentor to young Messi and looked so pleased to see him grow. But yeah his own personal dedication dropped off after he'd won all the greatest trophies.

Didnt realize Ronaldo has also joined CAF and started posting.