Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

I'd imagine most United fans remember the run in from one of the best seasons in the club's history.
I don't know why he's acting so surprised, quite a few big goals etched in my memory from years back.

Because I chose to show empathy and give the benefit of doubt to a human who appeared to be in a really bad emotional state it makes me weird and part of a cult :lol:

If anything it's people like you who are the real cultists, hate a person ( personally too) they don't even know and spend time ranting about them on Internet forums. You should use your limited newbie posts more wisely.

Yes, you show empathy to a pathetic self centred man child. So clearly you’re a part of that group, while the general reaction to his behaviour from non cultists is to see it for what it is. A guy only interested in himself and happy to hamstring his country for his own ego. By your logic the vast majority of people are part of a cult of hate, obviously it’s just this small band of Ronaldo fanatics who are in the right :lol:

Because I chose to show empathy and give the benefit of doubt to a human who appeared to be in a really bad emotional state it makes me weird and part of a cult :lol:

If anything it's people like you who are the real cultists, hate a person ( personally too) they don't even know and spend time ranting about them on Internet forums. You should use your limited newbie posts more wisely.

Wow, I didn't realise he was still a newbie after almost three years.

I don't know why he's acting so surprised, quite a few big goals etched in my memory from years back.

Yup. I still remember Yorke's winner against 'boro from the 1999 run in. Similar situation as CR's goal against Derby: tough away match towards the end of the season where United struggled to break down the opponent and desperately needed a goal - and I don't particularly care about Yorkie (although I love the candy bar!) :p

Because he missed a goal that would have given him a personal record. That's it. That's the entire story. He doesn't care about Portugal other than them being a vehicle to deliver him records. He thought he'd missed his chance and cried about it.

what was the record?

Where’s his nervous breakdown on there?

This is from the final whistle and through the shoot out

The beggining of heart stats....and me thinking I have seen too much

I think it's great. At some point we will hopefully be able to have every player's HR data available in real time on the screen, that would he awesome. Imagine having that info while following a shoot out!

How the hell did they measure that?

He's been wearing one of those Whoop thingys for quite some time, they're one of his sponsors. It's probably under the white sport tape he's wearing on his left wrist during matches. If you check out training pics that's where you'll see the Whoop wristband. I believe they're sponsoring VVD as well.

How the hell did they measure that?

He wore a whoop monitor. It essentially shows his adrenaline and emotion were flying, yet he managed to calm himself down for his penalty, I'm gonna guess it'd be similar to most, but they want to sell the product. Though I do feel those HR numbers are crazy high... he must be able to push well over 200 still at his age, which is kind of mad, but some elites do go that way.

He's been wearing one of those Whoop thingys for quite some time, they're one of his sponsors. I believe they're sponsoring VVD as awell.
He wore a whoop monitor. It essentially shows his adrenaline and emotion were flying, yet he managed to calm himself down for his penalty, I'm gonna guess it'd be similar to most, but they want to sell the product. Though I do feel those HR numbers are crazy high... he must be able to push well over 200 still at his age, which is kind of mad, but some elites do go that way.
Ah. That makes sense. Thanks.

What is a flow state and how is it different from heart rates dropping because the final whistle blew and players are no longer running around?

Flow state is a term in psychology when you are hyper focused on a single task. In this context it's basically a buzzword for Whoop I imagine, but it's still fairly impressive how he compose himself for the shoot out after being so upset moments earlier though.

Yes, you show empathy to a pathetic self centred man child. So clearly you’re a part of that group, while the general reaction to his behaviour from non cultists is to see it for what it is. A guy only interested in himself and happy to hamstring his country for his own ego. By your logic the vast majority of people are part of a cult of hate, obviously it’s just this small band of Ronaldo fanatics who are in the right :lol:
As I thought, keep ranting.

Flow state. What a load of bollox. That data shows a fit athlete’s heart rate normalising quickly after exertion. Stick the same monitor on every one of those players and you’d see a very similar picture.
:lol: :lol: I know right? Fecking flow state, jesus

What is a flow state and how is it different from heart rates dropping because the final whistle blew and players are no longer running around?

Flow state is about when athletes get into state of relaxed focus where they’re performing at an extremely high level, almost without thinking. It’s got feck all to do with heart rate or anything in that graph.

The Homelander comparisons felt apt even before I saw this tweet:

It's a load of bollocks. His heart rate went down when they stopped running and spiked again for the tense moments in the shootouts.

They're painting it like he's done something incredible. Every player (and Portugal fan) would have similar spikes.

Not a dig at Ronaldo, this is just some company trying to sell their gadget.

Flow state. What a load of bollox. That data shows a fit athlete’s heart rate normalising quickly after exertion. Stick the same monitor on every one of those players and you’d see a very similar picture.

Flow state is about when athletes get into state of relaxed focus where they’re performing at an extremely high level, almost without thinking. It’s got feck all to do with heart rate or anything in that graph.

We know? Like I said, Whoop's using flow state as a buzzword in this context. And it's not exclusive to athletes either. I remember learning about this in a course called industrial psychology during my BSc in Business. I even memorized the spelling of that hideous researchers name to score extra points :lol:

Last edited:
i’d like to see his whoop stats before, during and after his bed time wank.

Wow, I didn't realise he was still a newbie after almost three years.

Yup. I still remember Yorke's winner against 'boro from the 1999 run in. Similar situation as CR's goal against Derby: tough away match towards the end of the season where United struggled to break down the opponent and desperately needed a goal - and I don't particularly care about Yorkie (although I love the candy bar!) :p
Another good one was Giggs vs West ham 2008/09, I also remember all Anfield ones, one of my favorites being the Beckham free kick in 97.

Another good one was Giggs vs West ham 2008/09, I also remember all Anfield ones, one of my favorites being the Beckham free kick in 97.

When he feinted/fake shot passed one or two players before a low finish right? That was during that time he was having a horrible spell and people were calling for him to feck off I think.

When he feinted/fake shot passed one or two players before a low finish right? That was during that time he was having a horrible spell and people were calling for him to feck off I think.
No.
I think you're thinking of the 03 campaign

No.
I think you're thinking of the 03 campaign

I don't think so. I'll see if I can dig it up...

Edit: I might be thinking about a goal against Villa in that period. He definitely wore a white away shirt.

I don't think so. I'll see if I can dig it up...

Edit: I might be thinking about a goal against Villa in that period. He definitely wore a white away shirt.
He won the PFA award in 09.
I think he played like 10 pl games :lol:

He won the PFA award in 09.
I think he played like 10 pl games :lol:

Yes :lol:

At some point during 2008 - 2010, I can't recall exactly. He had a horrible run of form and fans on here were going nuts. Then he came up with the goal that I'm thinking about right now. And I'll find it if it's the last thing I'm doing tonight!

Edit: We got him! @2mufc0 22:53 West Ham away in 2008/2009

We're going off topic here, but the thread has gone to shite anyway, so...

Yes that's the one, ah just seen above you've found it.

We know? Like I said, Whoop's using flow state as a buzzword in this context. And it's not exclusive to athletes either. I remember learning about this in a course called industrial psychology during my BSc in Business. I even memorized the spelling of that hideous researchers name to score extra points :lol:

Fair play. Well you know more than me about flow state then! I’m just a bit jaded with Whoop and their pseudoscience. One of my favourite athletes, Alex Honnold, is sponsored by them and I have to listen to him shitting on about them in his podcast during the ad breaks.

Fair play. Well you know more than me about flow state then! I’m just a bit jaded with Whoop and their pseudoscience. One of my favourite athletes, Alex Honnold, is sponsored by them and I have to listen to him shitting on about them in his podcast during the ad breaks.

I was not intending on coming off harshly or anything, but "flow state" is a very real thing in relation to deep work in a whole variety of fields. It has to do with hitting an optimal balance with a task that is not too difficult to frustrate, but not so easy that you'll be bored and don't feel challenged. And the fecker who came up with this is called... Csikszentmihalyi. I had to look it up now, but I swear to Ronaldo I memorized the spelling just to showboat on the exam!

I was going to take a pic of the relevant section in my text book and upload it, but that might be a bit excessive :lol:

Edit: Honnold rocks, and I need to check out that podcast.

I was not intending on coming off harshly or anything, but "flow state" is a very real thing in relation to deep work in a whole variety of fields. It has to do with hitting an optimal balance with a task that is not too difficult to frustrate, but not so easy that you'll be bored and don't feel challenged. And the fecker who came up with this is called... Csikszentmihalyi. I had to look it up now, but I swear to Ronaldo I memorized the spelling just to showboat on the exam!

I was going to take a pic of the relevant section in my text book and upload it, but that might be a bit excessive :lol:

Edit: Honnold rocks, and I need to check out that podcast.

You didn’t come across harshly at all. It was me that was being a dick (as usual) I just got annoyed by this idea that flow state involves lowering your heart rate. When athletes can enter that state with a very high heart rate, for example when sprinting, or in a combat sport. The closest I get to it these days is climbing (hence I’m an Alex Honnold stan) and only occasionally. It’s a really cool feeling when it happens. Everything feels so easy.

You didn’t come across harshly at all. It was me that was being a dick (as usual) I just got annoyed by this idea that flow state involves lowering your heart rate. When athletes can enter that state with a very high heart rate, for example when sprinting, or in a combat sport. The closest I get to it these days is climbing (hence I’m an Alex Honnold stan) and only occasionally. It’s a really cool feeling when it happens. Everything feels so easy.

:lol:

I thought Free Solo was great, but haven't gotten around to checking out more stuff with Honnold yet. I'd definitely shit myself climbing though!

I like how confident he was about Bruno’s penalty :devil:

;)

I see a few posts referencing Ronaldo crying after the 08 CL final when Anelka's pen was saved by VDS. Tbh that annoyed me like crazy, shouldn't your first instinct be to run towards the VDS like the entire squad did but instead he drops to the grass "crying" again making it all about himself. His actions give off a feeling of zero team spirit or togetherness and instead total individualism.

I see a few posts referencing Ronaldo crying after the 08 CL final when Anelka's pen was saved by VDS. Tbh that annoyed me like crazy, shouldn't your first instinct be to run towards the VDS like the entire squad did but instead he drops to the grass "crying" again making it all about himself. His actions give off a feeling of zero team spirit or togetherness and instead total individualism.

He's selfish, a narcissist and an opportunist. He's had a lot of success with Madrid and United but he doesn't seem to have any real friends from those teams. Doesn't seem to stay in touch as friends with anybody. Usually when you're successful or even unsuccessful, you stay close with at least some of your teammates, he doesn't seem to have any real ex teammate friends

Seems to have a sour relationship with Rooney and Neville because they don't suck up to him the way he wants them to in the media. Didn't congratulate Benzema for his Ballon D'or, upset Modric beat him to one, Bale thinks he's a bellend. He's probably upset at his Madrid team for not winning him more trophies and individual accolades and for not getting him more goals.

Even the Instagram comment he left on Mbappe's profile recently where he announced his Madrid move, which became the most liked comment ever, seemed self-centred and cringe. Most popular player of the new generation moves to Madrid, Ronaldo is thinking how can I make this about me. He normally doesn't proactively make friendly comments about other players. Always thinks about himself.