Cricket

This is Sarfaraz is it you're referring to? Not one I recall hearing of before but that is some FC average.

Yea

Highest first class average since Bradman. He wasn't selected for awhile due to his rumoured fitness issues - bit tubby

As this is the general Cricket thread I'll mention it here.

I've just read a good Twitter thread explaining Englands defeat to Pakistan means we cannot make the WTC final (it was an outside shot but possible with two 3-0 wins this winter).

I didn't hear our commentary on any online media mention it ONCE during the whole test or build up.

Obvious answer is it's because we have not been that close to it - but are Sri Lanka/Pakistan/South Africa/Windies giving a shit?

Or is it just Aus / Ind 'cos they are always in the top 3?

As this is the general Cricket thread I'll mention it here.

I've just read a good Twitter thread explaining Englands defeat to Pakistan means we cannot make the WTC final (it was an outside shot but possible with two 3-0 wins this winter).

I didn't hear our commentary on any online media mention it ONCE during the whole test or build up.

Obvious answer is it's because we have not been that close to it - but are Sri Lanka/Pakistan/South Africa/Windies giving a shit?

Or is it just Aus / Ind 'cos they are always in the top 3?

outside of cricinfo journalists, no one knows what the WTC is

even Indians don't care, we will pretend to care if we win it. When we lose, it's not talked about

I only tend to remember its existence when the final comes around (as suggested above there's reasons for this, following England) but I do take an interest at that point. I'm not sure I would if it didn't take place in England though.

Bit worse weather forecast for today though my guess is again only for a brief shower or two.

This is going to be one of the great test wins
Should I be frantically looking for tomorrow's tickets? Can't make it today.

Bit worse weather forecast for today though my guess is again only for a brief shower or two.

Should I be frantically looking for tomorrow's tickets? Can't make it today.
I think you should. 50 more without a wicket and India’s ahead..

Watching these 2 bat together, and in this manner, is a alien feeling for India fans!

Insider still has tickets for tomorrow but seems like its Corporate Box which is available.
I think you should. 50 more without a wicket and India’s ahead..
Cheers, I'll try looking for something outside the ground, I think the corporate ones are bit too expensive.

Watching these 2 bat together, and in this manner, is a alien feeling for India fans!

Cheers, I'll try looking for something outside the ground, I think the corporate ones are bit too expensive.
Yeah. They are a bit pricey.

There were no other tickets available on insider last week when I checked but the stadium seems only 70% full

when you see someone batting, you usually get a sense for how their defence is and what they're good at

I can't understand Sarfraz's batting like that. Plays a shot every ball, misses a few. Goes over the top often and looks like he can easily get out.

when you see someone batting, you usually get a sense for how their defence is and what they're good at

I can't understand Sarfraz's batting like that. Plays a shot every ball, misses a few. Goes over the top often and looks like he can easily get out.
Have you watched his FC innings? Is it the same there?

Here's the forecast for today, this guy is generally accurate

Have you watched his FC innings? Is it the same there?

Here's the forecast for today, this guy is generally accurate

Nope - follow Ranji but only will watch when TN are in the knockouts

But his strike rate is very high in Ranji as well, so I'd assume this is how he bats. He's vicious on crap bowling so I can see why he's piled all those runs in Ranji

They should stick a third man in. I understand the whole risk-reward thing but he's made like 50% of his runs there and seems well in control

This feels like rain gods have put money on india losing or atleast not winning this game, we didn't lose too many early wickets day 1, rains came along to provide nz the final bit of assistance, we are bashing nz to all corners, here's rain to provide the respite for nz, ofcourse no rains in sight when nz were doing it to India yesterday.

Rishabh Pant is the most ridiculous test batsman I've ever seen. Balls of steel

Loving this approach by team India. They did against Bangladesh as well but this is even more impressive.

Rishabh Pant is the most ridiculous test batsman I've ever seen. Balls of steel
hes the best keeper batter of all time in tests. Gilchrist the test batter came in at 7 and flogged dead horses. Rishabh changes games from positions we’ve lost control of, and he’s got big knocks home and away.

Absolutely incredible stuff. Still day 4 so India can easily bowl out NZ if they get a massive lead today.

hes the best keeper batter of all time in tests. Gilchrist the test batter came in at 7 and flogged dead horses. Rishabh changes games from positions we’ve lost control of, and he’s got big knocks home and away.

I wouldn't go that far. He does well when conditions are suitable for batting but I think struggles on difficult pitches. He's fantastic when you want to beat an opponent into submission.

Gilchrist even the best keeper batsman, it's Andy Flower.

I wouldn't go that far. He does well when conditions are suitable for batting but I think struggles on difficult pitches. He's fantastic when you want to beat an opponent into submission.
he has a 4th innings 97 in Sydney, he has a 4th innings 89 in gabba in our greatest test win of all time. He made a match winning 90 against England when we were behind in india. He averages 64 at home in a time period in which most of our batters average 40. And you’re watching him on screen put up 100 in a game where we were 350 behind. If Rishabh Pant is bad in difficult pitches, then india hasn’t had a batsman of note ever.

he has a 4th innings 97 in Sydney, he has a 4th innings 89 in gabba in our greatest test win of all time. He made a match winning 90 against England when we were behind in india. He averages 64 at home in a time period in which most of our batters average 40. And you’re watching him on screen put up 100 in a game where we were 350 behind. If Rishabh Pant is bad in difficult pitches, then india hasn’t had a batsman of note ever.
Pant is incredible. He can well become best test batsman keeper of all time but he is still very young so let us wait.

And the Oval 2018, Edgbaston 2022.

We can still lose this easily. They should be a bit more focused. Sarfraz didn’t seem respectful of the new ball

We can still lose this easily. They should be a bit more focused. Sarfraz didn’t seem respectful of the new ball
Yup need atleast 150 from Pant and kl better play the innings of his life, his position depends on it. Anything less than 200-250 it's a nz win.

These turnarounds seem to be far more common lately - credit to England and Ben Duckett.