Cricket

Per capita we are nowhere near the likes of England, Australia, New Zealand.

Number of players playing is high, but people with access to good nutrition and facilities is probably smaller than a country like Uk. Think the ‘india should dominate’ trope is over played a bit.

Most people even in one of the more developed cities here won’t get any protein. All these small villages and towns produce players not because of a system but because of outliers due to volume.
That's probably true. But that's also where the 'India should dominate' and the 'underachieving not dominating' comes from. If you've got all those people already currently playing because of volume, and the funds should be there to create a 'system' given how much India generates, and gets back, compared to other cricketing nations.

Then it should be the kind of small sport that's easy for the by far biggest and richest nation who plays it to dominate. It's not like suddenly trying to dominate a huge global sport like Football.

I said all that a few hours ago about how India have all the money and power and should be able to take over and dominate the sport - I then put BBC Cricket news on and see how an IPL team have bought Hampshire!

It's the first English county taken over by Indian IPL clubs but it certainly won't be the last. Plenty of other club sides in other countries are already owned by them, and there's plenty of county sides struggling for money and ripe to be taken over and controlled by the super rich IPL sides.

India just put ip the 2nd highest score ever in T20 Internationals.

297-6

Only Nepal's 314-3 against Mongolia was better.

India's grasp on the ICC is only tightening, at the rate we're going in 10 years there might not be a functional cricket board nor a functional competition.

1068921_5015463_icc-TN-actual_updates.jpg

Pretty insane revenue model to be honest, this is La Liga in the 00's and early 10's but with 1 team.

India New Zealand first test scheduled to start today but it's rained the entire of yesterday and expected to drizzle and rain for most of today here in Bangalore.

India New Zealand first test scheduled to start today but it's rained the entire of yesterday and expected to drizzle and rain for most of today here in Bangalore.
Are you planning to be at the match any of the days?

Are you planning to be at the match any of the days?
No nothing planned for this one, didn't know about the schedule and missed the ticket sale :lol: You planning to go? I'll find out if tickets are still on sale

No nothing planned for this one, didn't know about the schedule and missed the ticket sale :lol: You planning to go? I'll find out if tickets are still on sale
Nope. In Chennai.. wasn’t keen on travelling for it

at work and just switched to the scorecard - that is an incredible scorecard

The fat Bradman at it again