Cricket

NZ will be worried with a 150 chase I'd have thought. Can be a brittle team.

Kl is amazing, you can have little expectations from him and he somehow manages to ask you lower even those, we are 400 for 4 and dude can't even score 25 odd runs. If he keeps his place in this squad, gambhir and Rohit deserve to be sacked

This hasn't been a good start for Gambhir, first team to lose to sl in odi series, now first team to lose to nz in India in God knows how long. Hope he understood this isn't the parliament, you can't just make fake promises and keep your job.

I was going to say O'Rourke looks like a player who'd bowl India out for 50 on a cold morning in Wellington

Realised they did that just day before in Bangalore

That should be it for us, Well played nz. But what I have seen from this nz they are going to be slaughtered in Pune and Mumbai, their spinners aren't good enough neither is their batsmen's ability to play spin upto par barring Ravindra.

he has a 4th innings 97 in Sydney, he has a 4th innings 89 in gabba in our greatest test win of all time. He made a match winning 90 against England when we were behind in india. He averages 64 at home in a time period in which most of our batters average 40. And you’re watching him on screen put up 100 in a game where we were 350 behind. If Rishabh Pant is bad in difficult pitches, then india hasn’t had a batsman of note ever.

He's had great moments but that's what I feel he is. He's great a team like India that has other great players who can pitch in if he doesn't play well and therefore has more freedom to play his way, then once in a while he will have an all-timer type innings when things click. Despite his great innings he still averages 45, which isn't much different to Rizwan averaging 43 in a much worse side and Flower averaging above 50.

The point about him averaging high in India versus others was surprising, amongst the guys who have played a decent amount (in matches where Pant is also playing) it's Jajeda who has the highest average after Pant (57) :lol:

Will need a Bumrah special with the ball this evening for this to be of any interest tomorrow I think.

He's had great moments but that's what I feel he is. He's great a team like India that has other great players who can pitch in if he doesn't play well and therefore has more freedom to play his way, then once in a while he will have an all-timer type innings when things click. Despite his great innings he still averages 45, which isn't much different to Rizwan averaging 43 in a much worse side and Flower averaging above 50.

The point about him averaging high in India versus others was surprising, amongst the guys who have played a decent amount (in matches where Pant is also playing) it's Jajeda who has the highest average after Pant (57) :lol:

What?! His most iconic knocks have been when everyone else has shat the bed.

KL the test batter is underrated in this thread

But yes, 150 would be good, 175 great.

He's shit. In all formats of the game.

India are automatically a much better team whenever he's not in it.

KL Rahul is the worst Indian batsman to have played 50+ test matches. Useless sack of shit.

Obviously you never know with batting last, New Zealand could feck it up, but quite funny to get right back in to it from such a horrible start and then immediately collapse just before having something decent to bowl at.

What?! His most iconic knocks have been when everyone else has shat the bed.

That wasn't my point though, what I meant to say is that there is less pressure on him to perform day in day out since he has better players around him. He can have a spell of bad games but the team would still play well and there wouldn't be pressure to drop him. Compare that with Rizwan who got dropped after just 5 bad tests eventhough he still averaged 40.

That wasn't my point though, what I meant to say is that there is less pressure on him to perform day in day out since he has better players around him. He can have a spell of bad games but the team would still play well and there wouldn't be pressure to drop him. Compare that with Rizwan who got dropped after just 5 bad tests eventhough he still averaged 40.

But that's exactly the point Skills is making. Pant literally turns up when the pressure is on. Oval 2018 chasing 450, Pant and Rahul score centuries when we're 10-3 (100 odd for 5). Sydney 2019, Gabba 2021, Edgbaston 2022, yesterday.

Not only is he clutch, he'll do it in a way where he'll turn the game on its head. Look, Rizwan is good but Pant is genuinely a monster and on a different level to any other wicket keeper. He's what Jos Buttler should've been in test cricket.

I wouldn't hesitate to call him our best test batsman since Kohlis decline.

yea, I didn't watch much of today. Bit of a play and miss, but it didn't look like we were going to trouble NZ

Congrats!
Sorry was just stirring. It was a weird game, that first innings a crazy thing. Im not looking forward to the 2nd test to be honest, Im expecting a big reaction from India

yea, I didn't watch much of today. Bit of a play and miss, but it didn't look like we were going to trouble NZ

Congrats!
It was bright sunshine for most of the day after the first 90 mins or so, I think they'd have chased 250.

Rank turners incoming at Mumbai and Pune I guess!

It was bright sunshine for most of the day after the first 90 mins or so, I think they'd have chased 250.

Rank turners incoming at Mumbai and Pune I guess!
Rank turners make us more likely to lose, so of course the BCCI will mess up and push for those. A sporting pitch at home and our spinners have a much bigger edge. Rank turner and anybody can turn into Rootlidharan

Rank turners make us more likely to lose, so of course the BCCI will mess up and push for those. A sporting pitch at home and our spinners have a much bigger edge. Rank turner and anybody can turn into Rootlidharan
Agreed!

Congrats!
Great day for NZ cricket all way round, since the women just won the T20 World Cup.

Washington Sundar at 8 or 9 is a little crazy

Rahul Dravid coached the u-19 team that Washington played in and said he's the best batter in India. He hasn't developed into that level of batter, but he's still good and made a 150 last week in Ranji playing at 3

Rahul Dravid coached the u-19 team that Washington played in and said he's the best batter in India. He hasn't developed into that level of batter, but he's still good and made a 150 last week in Ranji playing at 3

I watched him at the last BGT down-under and he looked class. He legit could be the middle/lower middle order batsman who can bowl that India need across all 3 formats.

I watched him at the last BGT down-under and he looked class. He legit could be the middle/lower middle order batsman who can bowl that India need across all 3 formats.

Probably worth dropping Jadeja and bring in Pandya for variety (once he can bowl more regularly that is).

And we'll happily have him come out and bat across any position. Imagine him and Axar in that lower order.

We are getting exposed.. Poor batting catching up, and the lower order can't bail us out every time.. Probably one of the bigger upsets in recent times if NZ wins this series. Hopefully it causes the change. time for Virat, Rahul etc. to go in tests. We will struggle for a while (and AUS will probably thump us this time) but it's needed. Our batting has been terrible for years.

We are getting exposed.. Poor batting catching up, and the lower order can't bail us out every time.. Probably one of the bigger upsets in recent times if NZ wins this series. Hopefully it causes the change. time for Virat, Rahul etc. to go in tests. We will struggle for a while (and AUS will probably thump us this time) but it's needed. Our batting has been terrible for years.

I think the change is already here - it will just take time. Jaiswal, Gill, Sarfraz etc look good enough.