4. Ohio State
5. Texas
6. Miami
7. Tennessee
8. LSU
9. Clemson
10. Iowa State.

Penn St. vs Ohio St. in two weeks

I know there has got to be some way of ranking teams since every team can't play every other team but the way we currently do things is eminently flawed.

I alluded to it in my previous post in that 5 of the current top 10 teams have not beaten a single ranked opponent. You should not be rewarded for a cupcake schedule. If your conference is one of the weaker ones schedule strong out of conference opponents. I know the games are scheduled years in advance, but there are perennial powerhouses to go up against.

No one can tell me that (as an example) if Alabama were to play either Miami or Iowa State, they would not be favored. At the end of the day, the 12 teams chosen for the playoffs are going to be (predominantly) the 12 teams with the best win-loss records rather than the 12 best teams. I wish the eye test could be taken into account more than it is. Bookmakers certainly take it into account a lot more than win-loss records.

12 teams is better than 4 though so at least we're making progress towards the best team actually being crowned the Champion.