Cole Palmer | Chelsea Player

Why is everyone suddenly dreaming of him as a Manchester United playe? English clubs tend not to sell to one another unless one is significantly bigger or richer than the other.

He’s mint, but we’ve missed out on him. I don’t want him when he’s 28. We’ve got to start buying players like him early, and I think we will under INEOS. There are new ones all the time, so never mind.

Why is everyone suddenly dreaming of him as a Manchester United playe? English clubs tend not to sell to one another unless one is significantly bigger or richer than the other.

I mean, you are significantly bigger plus he's a manc and a childhood Man United fan from a family of Man United fans. Add the fact all your right sided forwards are as much use as a chocolate teapot and I can see why many want him.

I mean, you are significantly bigger plus he's a manc and a childhood Man United fan from a family of Man United fans. Add the fact all your right sided forwards are as much use as a chocolate teapot and I can see why many want him.
This is so on lads.

Yeah but when have we ever bought a player from Chelsea that you valued highly and had no desire to sell? We’re much bigger but you have plenty of money.

One of my favourite non-United players. Glad he chose to leave City before he became another robot in Pep's dull system. Would have been such a shame to see him have his wings clipped in the same way Grealish has.

At least for me, Cole Palmer came out of nowhere this season. But the man is legit, no one season I wonder I'm sure.

Since when were salary public knowledge apart from reporters making shit up?
That’s a good question. How detailed are the reports teams have to make for PSR purposes? Those would never stay secret.

In the US we know what every player on our teams make, and what their adjusted cap hit each year is down to the cent. It is very much public knowledge.

If they can obfuscate and keep people guessing as to what players actually make, that would be useful to an ownership group

Maybe a wage increase without an announced contract extension?

I dunno, it's terribly worded. I clicked on the Tweet and it's an account I have blocked anyway so it's going to be one of those dumb aggregator accounts.

The reason they're doing this "privately" is because it's automatic. I've been saying to anyone who will listen that the appeal of these long deals for young players is that there are built-in non-negotiable pay raises built into the deals based on both personal and team success.

Gusto is the other one whose wages have already gone up.

The reason they're doing this "privately" is because it's automatic. I've been saying to anyone who will listen that the appeal of these long deals for young players is that there are built-in non-negotiable pay raises built into the deals based on both personal and team success.

Gusto is the other one whose wages have already gone up.
So basically performance incentives.

Someone said a while back that he has the vision and passing of Sheringham. I can certainly see that - it's a confidence (not arrogance) that he backs himself to play balls, even risky/leftfield ones, that others wouldn't.

So basically performance incentives.

Sort of. The key distinction is that the base wage is adjusted year over year - while a performance incentive only triggers once.

So if Palmer were to forget how to play football, he'd still receive the adjusted higher wage even if he doesn't hit the figures needed for a performance bonus.

Would love to see him at United but I’d be stunned if that ever happens. Except if he ends up at OT when he’s past 30 and dropped a level.

Increased salary. Two additional years to his contract.

It’s a bit strange to say ‘Palmer commits future to Chelsea’ when he was already on a 7 year contract.

Increased salary. Two additional years to his contract.

It’s a bit strange to say ‘Palmer commits future to Chelsea’ when he was already on a 7 year contract.

Reposting my comment from the transfer thread but that's a 9 year contract, why would a player of his ability want to lock himself in for so long when he would have far more renegotiation power if he started running his contract down?

Reposting my comment from the transfer thread but that's a 9 year contract, why would a player of his ability want to lock himself in for so long when he would have far more renegotiation power if he started running his contract down?

I mean he had 7 years left anyway, it's not like he was going to be running it down any time soon. May as well take the deserved wage rise.