Cole Palmer | Chelsea Player

As opposed to staying at a club who showed so much confidence in their manager they sacked him?

I think it is important to be decisive. Poch’s whining was getting to be too much. You know by the end of next year all the ten Hag drama is going to be front and center. It is possible they only extended his contract just in case Jim’s buddy Southgate comes available, he can pounce!

If Chelsea not able to improve he may choose man.city or arsenal his next club. Both are playing well and fighting for league title.

This kids defo got something about him. A few seasons showcasing his talent at a stepping stone club like Chelsea and he’ll be ready to make the jump to one of the big boys. He may even get his dream move to his boyhood club.
I think I can name 1 Chelsea player who used us as a “stepping stone” over the last 20 or so years and that was Hazard. And that was after he gave us the entire prime of his career. We never lose players we badly want to keep. Tottenham is a stepping stone club. Or Newcastle. Not Chelsea. No other club has or can come in and bully us for our best players like what happens to them.

We managed to rob you guys for £55m last summer for a player that was surplus AND in the final year of his contract. If Palmer has another amazing season or two and any club even tried sniffing around we’d probably quote £150m. In other words, he’s never going to Man United.

What's amazing is when fans and media want to make likeable person someone who is far from that.

He can be unlikeable and cnut but a good player, it's okay, not everyone needs to be good guy and role model, just enjoy his football and feck off with making him look nice when every time he shows his face he is doing his best to look like a cnut.

I want to see Chelsea's financials so we can settle the debate of whether Palmer is on £80k/£200k or whatever it was claimed a few months ago :lol:

I want to see Chelsea's financials so we can settle the debate of whether Palmer is on £80k/£200k or whatever it was claimed a few months ago :lol:

I can't remember a Chelsea players wages ever being released so you might as well just Google it and believe whatever made up figure suits whatever you want it to!

"I was a United fan". Past tense.

Official confirmation that he hates you now and never wants to leave Chelsea.
Once a red always a red. Just ask your legend John Terry. I thought you guys would remember that after Moscow.

I think it is important to be decisive. Poch’s whining was getting to be too much. You know by the end of next year all the ten Hag drama is going to be front and center. It is possible they only extended his contract just in case Jim’s buddy Southgate comes available, he can pounce!
It's cute seeing rival fans still desperately trying to propagate this one. A couple of directors at United are friends with Southgate, ipso facto, Southgate will be the next United manager.

It's cute seeing rival fans still desperately trying to propagate this one. A couple of directors at United are friends with Southgate, ipso facto, Southgate will be the next United manager.

I mean, not to cast aspersions but that's by a fecking mile a less tenuous link than what has been bandied about in this thread regarding Palmer and his boyhood fandom?

I’ve been winding up my United mates with this for weeks and and I get walls of texts in the group chats of why I’m wrong every time. It feels like a touchy subject somewhat :lol:

I mean, not to cast aspersions but that's by a fecking mile a less tenuous link than what has been bandied about in this thread regarding Palmer and his boyhood fandom?
Conversations on a United forum about the possibility of a boyhood United fan maybe one day signing for us? I think that's a lot tenuous than saying the United directors are waiting for Southgate to become available so that they can hire a bloke who's only club managerial credentials are relegating Middlesbrough.
I’ve been winding up my United mates with this for weeks and and I get walls of texts in the group chats of why I’m wrong every time. It feels like a touchy subject somewhat :lol:
We all love a wind up from time to time, but if I went a Chelsea forum to tell them that Roberto Martinez is being lined up to be their next manager, I would expect that theory to get torn to shreds.

Conversations on a United forum about the possibility of a boyhood United fan maybe one day signing for us? I think that's a lot tenuous than saying the United directors are waiting for Southgate to become available so that they can hire a bloke who's only club managerial credentials are relegating Middlesbrough.

To each their own - but directors who have input into managerial appointments having a relationship with someone who is likely to be available strikes me as being a far more concrete link than a player's boyhood fandom especially considering he already turned down the opportunity to join them as a youth player.

To each their own - but directors who have input into managerial appointments having a relationship with someone who is likely to be available strikes me as being a far more concrete link than a player's boyhood fandom especially considering he already turned down the opportunity to join them as a youth player.
Ineos could've agreed to hire Southgate after the Euros (like we did with Van Gaal) but they chose not to. His contract expires in 2024 as well, so this was the perfect opportunity.

Palmer, on the other hand, has 6 years remaining on his contract, and was employed by our rivals prior to that, so we haven't had much opportunity to sign him yet, but perhaps we will try our luck in a couple of years. A player joining his boyhood club is hardly unheard of, but as he's your prized possession, I get why Chelsea fans are protective over him and do not wish to entertain the possibility of that happening in the future.

We all love a wind up from time to time, but if I went a Chelsea forum to tell them that Roberto Martinez is being lined up to be their next manager, I would expect that theory to get torn to shreds.

Of course, I don’t disagree with that.

Ineos could've agreed to hire Southgate after the Euros (like we did with Van Gaal) but they chose not to. His contract expires in 2024 as well, so this was the perfect opportunity.

Palmer, on the other hand, has 6 years remaining on his contract, and was employed by our rivals prior to that, so we haven't had much opportunity to sign him yet, but perhaps we will try our luck in a couple of years. A player joining his boyhood club is hardly unheard of, but as he's your prized possession, I get why Chelsea fans are protective over him and do not wish to entertain the possibility of that happening in the future.

So EtH's flimsy extension after barely keeping the job on the basis of one match is more of an obstacle than a 6 year contract?

So EtH's flimsy extension after barely keeping the job on the basis of one match is more of an obstacle than a 6 year contract?
So you think Southgate's contract expiring this year was too much of an obstacle for Ineos to overcome, so they gave Ten Hag until 2026 to keep the seat warm for Southgate?

So you think Southgate's contract expiring this year was too much of an obstacle for Ineos to overcome, so they gave Ten Hag until 2026 to keep the seat warm for Southgate?

I think it's entirely sensible to not want to appoint a manager who was expected to make a deep run in the Euros for the following season given the impact on pre-season preparations.

Whilst I don't think it is especially likely to happen, to me a scenario where EtH starts out poorly next year and gets sacked mid-season only for the directors to appoint someone available who they know and trust strikes me as far more plausible than Cole Palmer trying to force his way out of a 6 year contract in order to facilitate a move to a club he already rejected as a youth player.

I think it's entirely sensible to not want to appoint a manager who was expected to make a deep run in the Euros for the following season given the impact on pre-season preparations.

Whilst I don't think it is especially likely to happen, to me a scenario where EtH starts out poorly next year and gets sacked mid-season only for the directors to appoint someone available who they know and trust strikes me as far more plausible than Cole Palmer trying to force his way out of a 6 year contract in order to facilitate a move to a club he already rejected as a youth player.
We hired Van Gaal before he went deep in the World Cup, where he was in Brazil until after Netherlands won the 3rd place playoff. He then joined up with United a week later and we won every single preseason game that summer. If Ineos wanted Southgate to start the season as United manager, they would've made it happen.

Also, no one is saying Palmer will try to force is way out of his contract. You are aware that most transfers occur between clubs when the player is still under contract for more than one year?

We hired Van Gaal before he went deep in the World Cup, where he was in Brazil until after Netherlands won the 3rd place playoff. He then joined up with United a week later and we won every single preseason game that summer. If Ineos wanted Southgate to start the season as United manager, they would've made it happen.

Also, no one is saying Palmer will try to force is way out of his contract. You are aware that most transfers occur between clubs when the player is still under contract for more than one year?

And how did hiring Van Gaal work out for you? Is it possible that United have learned from past mistakes?

Also I'm sorry but are you suggesting that it's more plausible that United will pony up £200m+ for Palmer than it is for him to force his way out once his contract expires?

And how did hiring Van Gaal work out for you? Is it possible that United have learned from past mistakes?

Also I'm sorry but are you suggesting that it's more plausible that United will pony up £200m+ for Palmer than it is for him to force his way out once his contract expires?
We finished 3rd in his first season, so it worked out pretty well. Unless you're suggesting our decline during Van Gaal's second season was a result of us hiring him shortly after the World Cup? Weird for it to only impact us 14 months on.

I think you're being very optimistic in thinking that Chelsea wouldn't accept anything less than 200m+ for Palmer at any point during the next few years.

We finished 3rd in his first season, so it worked out pretty well. Unless you're suggesting our decline during Van Gaal's second season was a result of us hiring him shortly after the World Cup? Weird for it to only impact us 14 months on.

I think you're being very optimistic in thinking that Chelsea wouldn't accept anything less than 200m+ for Palmer at any point during the next few years.

It's more that "hey, here's an example of us doing this 10 years ago with mixed results" doesn't actually present a definitive argument that you rejected hiring Southgate this summer and couldn't possibly revisit the topic. Proving that you aren't afraid of hiring managers off the back of tournaments isn't proof that Southgate will never be considered.

Palmer has no clauses in his contract that would allow for an early break. £200m is where the bidding starts.

I can't remember a Chelsea players wages ever being released so you might as well just Google it and believe whatever made up figure suits whatever you want it to!

Just did a deep dive. Palmer is a Man Utd fan, 6ft 2, best buddies with Mainoo, earns £140k a week with bonuses taking it up to £220k; he also has no release clause and therefore any transfer bids will start from £200m.

Sources: @trustmebro and @TheMagicFoolBus, @talkshite

I think I can name 1 Chelsea player who used us as a “stepping stone” over the last 20 or so years and that was Hazard. And that was after he gave us the entire prime of his career. We never lose players we badly want to keep. Tottenham is a stepping stone club. Or Newcastle. Not Chelsea. No other club has or can come in and bully us for our best players like what happens to them.

We managed to rob you guys for £55m last summer for a player that was surplus AND in the final year of his contract. If Palmer has another amazing season or two and any club even tried sniffing around we’d probably quote £150m. In other words, he’s never going to Man United.
Palmer was probably just pretending to be a United fan.

The Southgate stuff is really tiresome and not particularly funny or "top bantz" worthy. It's so obviously false that it just makes anyone clinging onto it look a little desperate.

The Southgate stuff is really tiresome and not particularly funny or "top bantz" worthy. It's so obviously false that it just makes anyone clinging onto it look a little desperate.

As usual dumb takes from the obvious ones.

Also it's hilarious that ManUtd fans twerk for Palmer as if he is the only good player. There are plenty of talented players. Last year at this time, no one even talked about palmer as some must buy player. All this "we will sign him, he is manUtd fan" is such a nonsense takes.

If he decides to pursue a career in sports psychology after he retires and then gets hired by the Polish national team, then he becomes Cole Palmer the Pole Calmer.

Reactions: CassiusClaymore
I know I’m gonna get abuse for asking this question, but I’m 7 beers deep here trying to distract myself from real life stuff, so forgive me. What price would you guys think would be enough to get Chelsea to accept a bid for him? Obviously I know it’s purely a “what if” and not gonna happen….

I know I’m gonna get abuse for asking this question, but I’m 7 beers deep here trying to distract myself from real life stuff, so forgive me. What price would you guys think would be enough to get Chelsea to accept a bid for him? Obviously I know it’s purely a “what if” and not gonna happen….

If you can convince Todd he is from the academy, you will get him for 20-25 mil before the window closes!

Unreal calmness in his finishing and his overall play.

He is the real deal, his composure is incredible.

I played with a guy when I was younger who did the most incredible things. Top corner from 25 yards and was so nonchalant about it. He played with no pressure because he didn’t really care.

Palmer gives off those vibes, totally unfazed.