Cold War against China?

They're really going to send 99 of them, aren't they?

Alternatively, we might be at war with aliens now.

Last edited:
What did I say? A climate of total mistrust.

This is what the CCP has been creating of their own accord. Pricks.

edit: If they want an escalation, the White House should outright receive the Taiwanese president at the White House with a double objective: 1) recognize Taiwan once and for all as a Western ally, and 2) root all of the pro-CCP bad apples (those likely to protest her arrival) out on the go.

Last edited:
"On Thursday, officials revealed that they believe the spy balloons the US has discovered are part of a large fleet that is conducting surveillance operations globally on behalf of China’s military, the People’s Liberation Army. So far, the US has traced the balloons to 40 countries across five continents, officials said.

A 2022 military intelligence report obtained by CNN said a balloon was tracked near Guam as far back as 2019.

A former government official investigating strange aerial sightings by Navy pilots over recent years – some of which government officials have said have turned out to be balloons – described a meeting several months ago where a defense official “pulled out of his pocket a piece of a Chinese balloon with Chinese writing on it.”

Maybe General Minihan wasn't far off in his memo last month. :nervous:

I still can't see a war happening, both sides knowing the number of reality costs that come with including a total economic collapse.

Maybe General Minihan wasn't far off in his memo last month. :nervous:

I still can't see a war happening, both sides knowing the number of reality costs that come with including a total economic collapse.
Putin's audacious invasion of Ukraine has made me realize that authoritarian leaders/regimes even today are still willing to use military force. Even if their calculus seems irrational to us.

While I think the CCP are much smarter than Putin, at the end of the day I don't think they will permanently tolerate a Western-oriented Taiwan near the Chinese mainland.

Putin's audacious invasion of Ukraine has made me realize that authoritarian leaders/regimes even today are still willing to use military force. Even if their calculus seems irrational to us.

While I think the CCP are much smarter than Putin, at the end of the day I don't think they will permanently tolerate a Western-oriented Taiwan near the Chinese mainland.
They have far closer Western aligned countries, are they not going to tolerate those either? Taiwan will hold it's own and will have help from other countries, unless Chinese nuke it, they'll have many many issues trying to take and hold the island.

They have far closer Western aligned countries, are they not going to tolerate those either? Taiwan will hold it's own and will have help from other countries, unless Chinese nuke it, they'll have many many issues trying to take and hold the island.
I reckon Taiwan is a more sensitive issue for China than other Western-oriented Asian countries though.

another-one-300x300.jpg

I'm assuming all those ballons have been flying around for a while, and it's just a question of that the Americans now know about them and are able to track them down? Or is China going all out suddenly?

I'm assuming all those ballons have been flying around for a while, and it's just a question of that the Americans now know about them and are able to track them down? Or is China going all out suddenly?
I would lean towards the US being able to track them down and that these are just ongoing Chinese operations rather than something new.

The US has developed a method to track China’s spy balloon fleet within the last year, CNN reported exclusively on Friday.
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/02/10/politics/biden-alaska-military-down/index.html

At this rate, the CCP are clearly asking for direct tit-for-tat of shit flying in their own airspace.

This isn't funny anymore.

I think this shows how advanced china is getting - factory farming was a series of advances by the 20th century's major power (the US), and their rival is now innovating...

I think this shows how advanced china is getting - factory farming was a series of advances by the 20th century's major power (the US), and their rival is now innovating...

I'm not sure that stacking a lot of lifestock on top of each other is a great advancement to be honest. More like another bio-hazard on the horizon.

I'm not sure that stacking a lot of lifestock on top of each other is a great advancement to be honest. More like another bio-hazard on the horizon.

And no sane population would even want to have that smelly thing in the region, even if that's a few miles away from the nearest village.

Existing factory farming has already led to a lot of new diseases and antibiotic resistance. You can personally go to a pig farm and swab the soil (unless you get arrested for bio-terrorism first) and you will find antibiotic-resistance bacteria, it's that simple. (This was a university project for a course I taught, which canceled by covid, neat twist).

And no sane population would even want to have that smelly thing in the region, even if that's a few miles away from the nearest village.

Existing factory farming has massive issues with groundwater pollution and breathing problems in the neighbouring areas.

The point is to maximise yield and minimise cost.

neo-wakes-up-640x353.jpg

My money is on China. Russia doesn't even have enough resources to maintain a fully operational air force. It would just not make sense to divert a chunk of the Kremlin's military budget on surveillance balloons if their aerial combat capabilities are crippled.

At this rate, the CCP are clearly asking for direct tit-for-tat of shit flying in their own airspace.

This isn't funny anymore.

You mean all the spy planes that US had been sending over china airspace and other countries over and over during decades? or all the coding machines that were tampered by US to spy even allies?

US has all the right to defend itself of any thread as they do. But please, give me a break

What a dumb fecking mistake it was to invest so heavily in China after the soviet collapse, it all could have been so easily avoided if the free trade advocates hadn't triumphed.

Another one?

Blatant.

Having illegal police stations built in non-Chinese territories to have intimidation agents acting against expats and dissidents was bad enough, but this is a whole different level of feckery. The CCP are asking China to end up stamped with the same label of a pariah state that Putin's Russia currently has, and it would not be undeserved at all if this keeps on going as it is.

Blatant.

Having illegal police stations built in non-Chinese territories to have intimidation agents acting against expats and dissidents was bad enough, but this is a whole different level of feckery. The CCP are asking China to end up stamped with the same label of a pariah state that Putin's Russia currently has, and it would not be undeserved at all if this keeps on going as it is.

Putin's Russia is waging an all out, entirely unjustified war that is killing thousands of innocent people.

This is silly low scale irrelevant spy nonsense, just more visibly inept than usual, against a country fully invested in the same adversarial geopolitical bullshit games, one that has a lot more blood on its hands over the last few decades of conflict;. it's not some action egregiously far outside the international norm against a naive, innocent bystander. I swear people like you get off on this Cold War with China escalation fantasy stuff; it reminds me of the presenter's actions on this old british satire clip...

Putin's Russia is waging an all out, entirely unjustified war that is killing thousands of innocent people.

Dumb excuse to diminish the threat that China represents.

This is silly low scale irrelevant spy nonsense, just more visibly inept than usual, against a country fully invested in the same adversarial geopolitical bullshit games, one that has a lot more blood on its hands over the last few decades of conflict;. it's not some action egregiously far outside the international norm against a naive, innocent bystander. I swear people like you get off on this Cold War with China escalation fantasy stuff; it reminds me of the presenter's actions on this old british satire clip...

You obviously have never faced CCP supporters in person, when protesting for a cause that involves direct criticism of the CCP. In cyberspace, their behavior is even worse. Those people are among the most obnoxious cnuts you can find in a lifetime, mostly thanks to 10 years with that fat feck as their president. The recent part with the spy balloons are only the new chapter in the ideological war that they already started.

The only thing I have seen from China under Xi Jinping in the last 10 years is the same as Germany choosing a very stupid path under WIihelm II. If you think that there is nothing to be worried about China just because "the US are worse", then you are not even worth having in any intelligent discussion. You know nothing about history nor Asian culture. If a new cold war comes, it will because the CCP will have decided to go on with it and reject all warnings from past party leaders, who spent 3 decades building the new China and avoiding trouble.

You mean all the spy planes that US had been sending over china airspace and other countries over and over during decades? or all the coding machines that were tampered by US to spy even allies?

US has all the right to defend itself of any thread as they do. But please, give me a break

give me credible source of that please.

I must admit, I just assumed that all major countries just sent high altitude planes / drones / balloons over each other daily and obviously satellites are used all the time to spy. Maybe I'm wrong, and it is a bit more unusual than that?