Gaming CM 01/02 Hands-Off League - Signups for season 2016-17 Open!

Getting to a cup final somewhat makes up for finishing 7th in the conference despite having Trezeguet and Defoe up top.

June 1, 2003

League 3 Playoff - Semi Finals

@Dan vs @K Stand Knut

@Dan can't believe how they didn't win this first match. Tsartas missed a penalty and @K Stand Knut scored in the only shot they made. Unbelievable, Jeff!

mMNgSI7.png

WlAjyX6.png

In the second match things were match more even but no one could score. The game went to extra time. @K Stand Knut scored twice, but one of the goals was in the wrong end.

1W13iz6.png

It was all decided in penalties... and @K Stand Knut is in the playoff final.

Zh0B6lP.png

@Skizzo vs @OptimisedRed

The first match started amazingly well for @Skizzo. 24 minutes they were 3-0 up, but then... @OptimisedRed scored 3 times with just 4 shots on target.

TQrCHSO.png

JESsq3W.png

At home, @OptimisedRed didn't give @Skizzo many chances. The fans we're still wondering how could they let that 3-0 lead in the first leg go to waste. The momentum was on @OptimisedRed's side.

leDQgD5.png

604Kr1U.png

League 3 Playoff - Final

@K Stand Knut vs @OptimisedRed

@OptimisedRed was on fire in the final. Even though the match was close in terms of stats, the efficiency shown was amazing, 6 shots, 4 goals, and 3 goals in just 4 minutes decided the match. @K Stand Knut didn't have a chance.

@OptimisedRed is promoted to League 2!

YTON0ph.png

VAIq20k.png

Icon Abel Xavier was the MOTM

YEQlWsW.png

June 1, 2003

League 2 Playoff

Semi Final 1st Leg

@Hephaestus struggled in the first match, but that last goal kept the dream alive to turn things around at home.

DHnxBLZ.png

Wb4lJKT.png

The 2nd leg was actually going well in terms of stats but the goal wasn't coming. Then the goalie was sent off, penalty and it was all over... @Hephaestus will play another season in League 2.

Hcju7oa.png

g2gk95d.png
Well, shit.

June 1, 2003

FA Trophy Final

@Herman Toothrot vs @17 Van der Gouw

The big day was here, 13k people were at Goodison Park to witness this Conference League classic. And it was a nail biter! Trezeguet and Defoe once again coming to the rescue, what an end to the season for them.

GNbWXUu.png

nZiJ3lo.png

Zl6rPrI.png

But what now?

Oh apparently in the FA Trophy there's a replay match if no one wins the final...

ab67616d0000b273950359444321d635b59838b3

For some reason, only half the people returned for the final replay...

@Herman Toothrot showed up, more shots, more shots on target, more corners, man of the match and they were 2-0 up.

But Defoe and Trezeguet were not going to let this get away... Colin Cameron scored the winner and @17 Van der Gouw is the new FA Trophy winner!

gjCF9a1.png

BnJXOYe.png

pl164ga.png

Can I just have some sort of push for promotion next season. Lingering around the bottom of league 3 isn't how I saw this going.

Can I just have some sort of push for promotion next season. Lingering around the bottom of league 3 isn't how I saw this going.
You're spending money in the summer...

Have my owners decided to splash some of their ill-gotten wealth or are they still competing with the glazers?

Season 2002-03 - Winners

Club World Cup
- Dortmund
Intercontinental Cup - Lazio
Champions League - Roma
UEFA Cup - Atalanta
European Super Cup - Dortmund
Premier League - Manchester United
FA Cup - Arsenal
League Cup - Blackburn
Community Shield - Fulham
League 1 - Birmingham
League 2 - @Cheimoon
League 3 - @The Cat
Conference - @Dr. Dwayne
EFL Cup - @sebsheep
FA Trophy - @17 Van der Gouw

World Player of the Year
CZkVWJ8.png

UEFA Goalkeeper of the Year

u3TbCv0.png

UEFA Defender of the Year
HF8lvhg.png

UEFA Midfielder of the Year
FOa7wMq.png

UEFA Forward of the Year
CZkVWJ8.png

England Player of the Year
8o20dRn.png

England Young Player of the Year

England Manager of the Year
CW1TKAL.png
[/ISPOILER]

What a ride for Benito Carbone... in just 2 years he went from not being in Bradford's XI, to being bought and sold by @Šjor Bepo to winning the Champions League and Midfielder of the Year at Roma.

GE4a7xo.png

June 1, 2003

League 3 Playoff - Semi Finals

@Dan vs @K Stand Knut

@Dan can't believe how they didn't win this first match. Tsartas missed a penalty and @K Stand Knut scored in the only shot they made. Unbelievable, Jeff!

mMNgSI7.png

WlAjyX6.png

In the second match things were match more even but no one could score. The game went to extra time. @K Stand Knut scored twice, but one of the goals was in the wrong end.

1W13iz6.png

It was all decided in penalties... and @K Stand Knut is in the playoff final.

Zh0B6lP.png

@Skizzo vs @OptimisedRed

The first match started amazingly well for @Skizzo. 24 minutes they were 3-0 up, but then... @OptimisedRed scored 3 times with just 4 shots on target.

TQrCHSO.png

JESsq3W.png

At home, @OptimisedRed didn't give @Skizzo many chances. The fans we're still wondering how could they let that 3-0 lead in the first leg go to waste. The momentum was on @OptimisedRed's side.

leDQgD5.png

604Kr1U.png

League 3 Playoff - Final

@K Stand Knut vs @OptimisedRed

@OptimisedRed was on fire in the final. Even though the match was close in terms of stats, the efficiency shown was amazing, 6 shots, 4 goals, and 3 goals in just 4 minutes decided the match. @K Stand Knut didn't have a chance.

@OptimisedRed is promoted to League 2!

YTON0ph.png

VAIq20k.png

Icon Abel Xavier was the MOTM

YEQlWsW.png

Shit cnuts!!! Well done @OptimisedRed

It's a hard task getting out of the Conference. Or in my case, getting top half in the Conference...

Shite finish and still no marquee signings. I am disappointed.

It's a hard task getting out of the Conference. Or in my case, getting top half in the Conference...
Yep, only 1 spot makes it really hard. We now have a few real teams in L3, if they get relegated, I'll see if I can switch clubs and promote more conference teams.

Yep, only 1 spot makes it really hard. We now have a few real teams in L3, if they get relegated, I'll see if I can switch clubs and promote more conference teams.
I actually don't mind seeing how it plays out

I actually don't mind seeing how it plays out

Changing teams is a long shot, I remember trying it years ago and it screwed up the cup structures, so most likely you'll all have to suffer in the hellhole that's the english conference league.

Changing teams is a long shot, I remember trying it years ago and it screwed up the cup structures, so most likely you'll all have to suffer in the hellhole that's the english conference league.

Yeah I wouldn't go with changing teams, it's all part of the fun seeing if you'll make it out at any point

What a ride for Benito Carbone... in just 2 years he went from not being in Bradford's XI, to being bought and sold by @Šjor Bepo to winning the Champions League and Midfielder of the Year at Roma.

GE4a7xo.png
more players should follow his path

In 15 seasons they'll all be out of the conference :lol:

I guess by that time @Cheimoon or @sebsheep will have a few champions league.
Me and Gareth are destined for great things.
Will be interesting to see how we manage in league 1 this season, hopefully we strengthen the squad.
Definitely in for next season btw.

@maniak

How does this work then, I've not been paying much attention. I assume you just change Oldham's name to mine, then just sim the entire season and see what happens?

Me and Gareth are destined for great things.
Will be interesting to see how we manage in league 1 this season, hopefully we strengthen the squad.
Definitely in for next season btw.
You guys keep spending... you have PL squads at this point.

@maniak

How does this work then, I've not been paying much attention. I assume you just change Oldham's name to mine, then just sim the entire season and see what happens?
Yeah that's it, I add 500M, max reputation and max facilities, then the AI will either take you to glory or hoard all the cash.

2003 Summer Transfers - League 1

@Cheimoon is not messing around and spent 124M in the summer, including an insane transfer, 2nd highest ever in the world, 48M for Andrés Olivera from Seviila :eek:

Only Real Madrid paying 49M for Christian Vieri 2 summers ago was higher than this.

kf52oHk.png

AZhuk7s.png

J7IczPA.png

C2WIh8j.png

@Cheimoon also got Ben Thatcher from @Dr. Dwayne for 5M, he as fundamental in @Dr. Dwayne title in the Conference.

q7KjZpu.png

@sebsheep is trying to keep up and also brought big names.

He started by paying 25M to @17 Van der Gouw after the end of last season to get David Trezeguet. Major loss for @17 Van der Gouw

E4z9j20.png

In the summer, another 63M spent on some big names, Joe Cole, Young Player of the Year 2 seasons ago and Nuno Gomes. Robinson was also very expensive from Watford, but United and Chelsea were also interested.

cHIkWDX.png

Hhma19x.png

S1aRFIC.png

O3IMJDz.png

As a side note, you sold Klose to @The Cat after scoring 23 goals in 31 matches.