Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't happen to have the structure chart/organigramme of QIA and QSI to support that claim?

QIA is a sovereign wealth fund, the hint is in the name as to who owns it. QSI is a subsidiary of QIA.

Grow some balls. If Qatar isn‘t bad enough, what is? Pathetic.
That's how the world works. Qatar is bad, I never said it isn't, but everyone else who has the money to buy the club is the same shit. We're talking about billions of dollars here. There's no knight in shining armor here. I swear, sometimes you guys act like absolute kids.

QIA is a sovereign wealth fund, the hint is in the name as to who owns it. QSI is a subsidiary of QIA.

And now we look into Art 5 of UEFA regulations. Pursuant to that no natural or legal person may have control or influence over more than one club participating in a UEFA club competition. A100% subsidiary of QIA might fall under that regulation but with a strawman or trustee in between it might already be enough.

What relevance does it have to this discussion?

That they aren't 'headchoppers' as he called them. 1 capital punishment in 20 years. Now I'm not denying the Qatari rulers have a lot of human rights issues. Big ones. But we should stop throwing all kind of generalisations around which can turn into racism very quickly.

And you know what? Further steps into European culture and sports might actually help to make them become more progressive over the years.

So maybe stop with the idiotic rants before we even know what's happening. For all we know the guys have big plans for the club. Let's see how this pans out.

Being bought by Qatar because of Ryan Reynolds would be funnier than any of his Deadpool punchlines

Haha, it would be.

But in all seriousness, I'm pretty sure there would be a documentary of our own. Something I've always despised but inevitable.

That they aren't 'headchoppers' as he called them. 1 capital punishment in 20 years. Now I'm not denying the Qatari rulers have a lot of human rights issues. Big ones. But we should stop throwing all kind of generalisations around which can turn into racism very quickly.

And you know what? Further steps into European culture and sports might actually help to make them become more progressive over the years.

So maybe stop with the idiotic rants before we even know what's happening. For all we know the guys have big plans for the club. Let's see how this pans out.

Terry Flewers made a good point...

Before he went to Qatar for the world cup, he'd heard all sorts of stories about Qatar. Such as being arrested for holding your partners hands in the streets, ladies having to be covered up head to toe, gaysnot being allowed there...and none of it was as the way it was painted out to be. I had a similar experience as when I went to Dubai.

We sometimes have to go out and experience things for ourselves. If we do get Qatari owners, I for one will visit the country. I guess they achieve what they want...more and more people to visit and to trade with them.

I’ve emailed my paragraph in. Had a family whip round and managed to get a final figure which I think is competitive.
Ha ha. Just getting ready to submit mine. I think the Glazers will find my figure very attractive. It’s in a nice font, red ink, the works.

That‘s sportswashing. They will not become more progressive anytime. The Arab Spring failed.

Don‘t be a hypocrite about it. There is no good angle to a Qatari bid, except they may
invest heavily in the club.

Before he went to Qatar for the world cup, he'd heard all sorts of stories about Qatar. Such as being arrested for holding your partners hands in the streets, ladies having to be covered up head to toe, gaysnot being allowed there...and none of it was as the way it was painted out to be. I had a similar experience as when I went to Dubai.

We sometimes have to go out and experience things for ourselves. If we do get Qatari owners, I for one will visit the country. I guess they achieve what they want...more and more people to visit and to trade with them.
People who call them "headchoppers" etc. are pretty much guaranteed to have never been to any "non western" country and their views are formed purely from our media, which is... a bit biased to say the least. I haven't been to Qatar specifically but been to quite a few countries that are "non democratic" and all I can say is that the reality is usually vastly different. I have no doubts they have certain human rights issues but them chopping heads for fun is pretty much guaranteed to be nonsense.

That‘s sportswashing. They will not become more progressive anytime. The Arab Spring failed.

Why would you make such general statements all the time? Makes you come across as a bit daft. Look at Dubai. Has turned into a much more progressive Emirate than they used to be. Can happen fast.

-Women aren‘t allowed to do anything without the permission of a male guardian
-Labor practices that amount to forced labor and slave labor
-Anti LGTB laws
-Sex trafficking
-Support of terrorism

Why would you make such general statements all the time? Makes you come across as a bit daft. Look at Dubai. Has turned into a much more progressive Emirate than they used to be. Can happen fast.
That‘s the definition of sportswashing, that you believe that.

Would you call flogging and stoning progressive?

Been to Dubai several times even during Ramadan and never experienced any problems at all.
Sure there's no way to judge a state from a few holidays and as I've mentioned there's no denying the human rights issues in UAE and the other ME states. But throwing generalisations around doesn't help anyone and I actually see it as a good thing they Middle East is opening up more and more.

And your point is? You said they'd never won it. which is patently un true

The poster had said Lfc and Arsenal are proof that you don't need ME money. So, I assumed they meant in the era of ME money being in the PL. So, therefore, my point still sticks.

But nice of you to comment on my post.

So believing that the ME can turn to more progressive ways is sportswashing in your opinion? I don't get your point. But let's just leave it there.

As mentioned Qatar wouldn't be ideal owners especially looking at their human rights issues but we aren't supporting them but Manchester United. And for the club itself they'd be better than any of the other alternatives.

Maybe you should go back and consider your own history. You had quite a love for slavery in the US until not that long ago. Segregation and Jim Crowe laws also existed as recently as the 1960s. These were thankfully changed. There are plenty other concerning laws within some US states such as your gun laws, which lead to countless unnecessary deaths every year. Countries do progress and change laws over time. The timeline is different for each country, and countries that became wealthier later will naturally take longer to implement certain advancements. The example of Dubai is a good one for how a Middle Eastern state can progress in these regards.

This post had nothing to do with the takeover btw. I just found your comments dangerously racist and xenophobic, and lacking in any awareness of any states or cultures outside of your own.

The possibilities for United are immense and almost limitless. Firstly on the pitch we seem to have landed the right manager with the right style of play, hunger to win and a deep understanding of not just tactics but the human side of players. If we can get the recruitment right then we can take on anyone on the pitch and besides our first team is one big transfer window away from becoming a top team.

Secondly, the fact that the stadium is up for redevelopment or rebuild presents numerous opportunities on the commercial side from naming rights to additional facilities that can turn a normal matchday out into a proper social outing that can earn money even when the football isn't on. Things like building a Manchester United village around Old Trafford with hotels, restaurants etc.

Finally on the media side, we will be part of whatever version of the Super League that will finally emerge. I can see us and other big teams pushing for a bigger chunk of the streaming income and the like in contrast to the collective nature of the PL. In five or so years the 8 billion or so needed to buy and modernize the club could look like a pittance. But all this needs someone willing to and capable of investing because the real money is at the top of the pyramid and the Glazer model has us stuck in midtable mediocrity.
Have you ever been to Old Trafford?

Where on earth are all these hotels etc going to be built?

So believing that the ME can turn to more progressive ways is sportswashing in your opinion? I don't get your point. But let's just leave it there.

As mentioned Qatar wouldn't be ideal owners especially looking at their human rights issues but we aren't supporting them but Manchester United. And for the club itself they'd be better than any of the other alternatives.
Yes, I support MU and won‘t automatically drop my support if the Qatari deal goes through.

These countries aren‘t becoming more progressive. While opening up more to tourists, business as usual goes on. That means supppression of women, LGTB prosecution, and stoning and flogging in the case of the UAE.

The ‘leaders of the free world’ have capital punishment and while they don’t chop their transgressors heads’ off, they do fry them in electric chairs. Funnily enough, it’s also not uncommon to hear people on these shores say ‘I swear, they should bring in the death penalty’ either.

-Anti LGTB laws
-Sex trafficking
-Support of terrorism

This is how they choose to run their country. Who are we to judge them?

But I tell you what, I know I could take my family out at night, wearing my rolex, my wife in her jewellery, and not be worried I'm going to be robbed. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about places in England.

In regards to sex trafficking, I won't comment. A few things, I don't feel it's the appropriate medium to do it. Also, it's not exclusive to Qatar. One of the princes in my country, Andrew, is/was part of such things.

So, I don't belive bringing up sex trafficking is correct. And before you say it, "Andrew isn't buying the club", no he's not. But until you can prove the person who is buying the club is a sex trafficker, etc, then I don't think you should keep using that as part of your argument.

But I tell you what, I know I could take my family out at night, wearing my rolex, my wife in her jewellery, and not be worried I'm going to be robbed. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about places in England.

In regards to sex trafficking, I won't comment. A few things, I don't feel it's the appropriate medium to do it. Also, it's not exclusive to Qatar. One of the princes in my country, Andrew, is/was part of such things.

So, I don't belive bringing up sex trafficking is correct. And before you say it, "Andrew isn't buying the club", no he's not. But until you can prove the person who is buying the club is a sex trafficker, etc, then I don't think you should keep using that as part of your argument.
Given the issues that the post you just quoted brings up, are you fecking serious?

-Anti LGTB laws
-Sex trafficking
-Support of terrorism

But no judgment right...

The club owns so much of the land around the ground. There’s so much room for all sorts of improvements.
There isn't anywhere near as much land as you think, go and look at an aerial shot of the area on Google and you'll see why

Right ok but again what does America's capital punishment record have to do with this discussion?

And who is this directed at?

Human trafficking in Qatar is well documented. Sex trafficking is under the radar and harder to prove. Given how bad the trafficking in human laborers is, you have to assume the worst.

Maybe you should go back and consider your own history. You had quite a love for slavery in the US until not that long ago. Segregation and Jim Crowe laws also existed as recently as the 1960s. These were thankfully changed. There are plenty other concerning laws within some US states such as your gun laws, which lead to countless unnecessary deaths every year. Countries do progress and change laws over time. The timeline is different for each country, and countries that became wealthier later will naturally take longer to implement certain advancements. The example of Dubai is a good one for how a Middle Eastern state can progress in these regards.

This post had nothing to do with the takeover btw. I just found your comments dangerously racist and xenophobic, and lacking in any awareness of any states or cultures outside of your own.
There is absolutely nothing racist or xenophobic about what I said. Name one example.

Status
Not open for further replies.