Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a serious option if a ME state didn't bid. Now Qatar looks very likely to acquire the club. Which is good for the finances but makes me feel dirty if I'm cheering those fekkers. I'd much rather every club was forced to self finance.
You aren’t cheering them on. Get this through your heads people. You have no control over who owns the club. It does not matter. We support the team.

You aren’t cheering them on. Get this through your heads people. You have no control over who owns the club. It does not matter. We support the team.

Exactly. It’s like the situation currently - you support Manchester United football club, not the Glazer family.

How?

INEOS is light years ahead of United in terms of revenue, and would probably get preferential rates on borrowing too. The muppet users tweet actually referenced “800m for debt and possibly much more”.

Of course a capital project like that will be debt financed. He’s just secured funding before launching his bid.
Its still borrowing that needs paying back which means instead of every £1 going into the team some pennies will have to be taken out of every £1 to pay back this borrowing.

You just use the word "cheating" to make faking sponsorship amount/salary of players sound like taking drugs or bribing the referees.

Call it faking sponsorship, financial doping or whatever, but it is something outside of the rules that gives City an advantage above all the other clubs in the league.
It’s is cheating pure and simple.

This article from December 2022 via Sam Wallace sheds some light on who actually is the United fan from the Qatari royals. And he's saying it's the son of the Emir who is a big United fan and has lived/studied in the UK and is well versed in the history of the club. I would guess it's him who is pushing to buy the club.

Sam Wallace: "The Emir of Qatar, head of its absolute monarchy, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, fourth son of the Emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa, who won the Fifa vote to host the World Cup finals, is a Manchester United fan. Not just a casual fan but, to those with knowledge of the situation, a committed United fan well-versed in the club’s history."

"Telegraph Sport can reveal that Sheikh Tamim, who attended Sherbourne and Harrow School, invited his old class-mates from the Royal Military Academy in Sandhurst to Qatar to watch a World Cup game. Videos of the visit for the World Cup even show the Emir delighting at the nostalgic experience of the class being shouted at by their former colour sergeant – for old time’s sake."

So he came through the Royal Military Academy then,he will definitely be endorsing of Erik's discipline that's been instilled in this squad then

Its still borrowing that needs paying back which means instead of every £1 going into the team some pennies will have to be taken out of every £1 to pay back this borrowing.

What do you mean by money "going into the team"? As in money from where?

If you mean the club's money, you are incorrect. If you mean INEOS' money, it's rather irrelevant.

Call it faking sponsorship, financial doping or whatever, but it is something outside of the rules that gives City an advantage above all the other clubs in the league.
It’s is cheating pure and simple.
They needed to do that. We are a bigger name and can attract genuine sponsors. Stop trying to come up with scenarios that likely won't apply to us. We are not Manchester City, we are bigger than them in all aspects.

They needed to do that. We are a bigger name and can attract genuine sponsors. Stop trying to come up with scenarios that likely won't apply to us. We are not Manchester City, we are bigger than them in all aspects.

Yeah we don't need to create sponsorships although will have to get some new ones after Glazers lost us some

Not when it’s INEOS debt. That’s the whole point otherwise why refinance it?
The debt will pass from the Glazers to the new owner whoever that is anyway as part of the sale as it is currently United’s debt, not the Glazers. I wouldn’t be surprised if INEOS got some sort of tax incentive from taking on the debt too.
Debt isnt necessarily a dirty four letter word we should all fear.

Fully expect certain parts of the media to put pressure on the club and fans if a ME bid is successful.

The same goes for fans of other clubs.

You just know they would have been overjoyed if ME had bought Liverpool and not a peep from them when Saudi bought Newcastle.

Yeah I will feel dirty as well until I look at our brand spanking plush new stadium and training facilities then soon forget how we funded it

Yeah until they rename Old Trafford the Emirates or something. It's always gonna stick in the craw just as I'm sure it does with City fans. Of course I will still watch but it won't be the same.

I don’t think he would be regardless of ME involvement. He’s way off the Glazers valuation, he’s offering even less than Chelsea went for and that’s after him running off to JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs to ask for loans to help him buy the club. He’s exactly what we don’t need.

The Glazers valuation is irrelevant. The value of the club is only what a willing buyer will pay. And that would have come right down if the ME buyers were out of the equation. Ratcliffe was obviously hoping that would happen but it seems that it hasn't.

Of course we are cheering them on. That's what sportswashing is. They get the cultural credibility of owning one of sport's biggest brands. That's exactly why they wasted billions on the World Cup. Already this forum is full of people excusing or demanding we overlook their barbarous regime. That's exactly what they are buying.

Last edited:
Will Bruno be wearing one of those robes like Messi did when he lifts the Premier League/ Champions League trophy?

So I guess the Emir is a chancer too? After all he has been reported as thinking United value is more like £4.5bn. That’s only a measly half a bill more. :rolleyes:

Hahahaha. So true.

People will twist anything to fit their narrative though.

The prospect of being owned by Quatar, along with the potential return of MG, will be the end for me and many others I reckon.

I admire you walking away if that's what you decide to do,will admit Greenwood potentially coming back doesn't sit well with me because of that audio recording.

So I guess the Emir is a chancer too? After all he has been reported as thinking United value is more like £4.5bn. That’s only a measly half a bill more. :rolleyes:

Tweet says 4 billion dollars, not pounds. So around 3,3bn pounds. A substantial difference between the two valuations.

What’s he saying here?

Couldn’t buy us a decade ago hence why they pursued to purchase PSG which was more accessible (literally the Glazers didn’t want to sell back then). Want to 100% own the club outright. Confident everything will be good from UEFA’s side if they do win the bid to own the club.

Couldn’t buy us a decade ago hence why they pursued to purchase PSG which was more accessible (literally the Glazers didn’t want to sell back then). Want to 100% own the club outright. Confident everything will be good from UEFA’s side if they do win the bid to own the club.

Yeah I have put a link up on page 268 to the article outlining our original interest in 2011

No they can‘t. They cannot own two clubs that compete against each other.

No they can‘t. They cannot own two clubs that compete against each other.

Salzburg & Leipzig are both owned by Red Bull. Plus as per Jamie Jackson’s article yesterday, it looks like it is two separate entities rather than the same.

I didn't think you could find a more horrific thread on the internet at the moment than the Nicola Bulley one on Twitter but here it is. 335 pages, about 4 of them relating to football if you're lucky, the rest just the same stuff on constant repeat. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.