Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You aren’t cheering them on. Get this through your heads people. You have no control over who owns the club. It does not matter. We support the team.
Agree, but will the new Qatari owners be less hated than the current ones?

Reads to me that they will need to work Uefa to get around the illegal aspects of owning two clubs.

I just don't like it.

Very true and likely we see a similar thing IF Saudi's decide to invest in rival team to Newcastle

Couldn’t buy us a decade ago hence why they pursued to purchase PSG which was more accessible (literally the Glazers didn’t want to sell back then). Want to 100% own the club outright. Confident everything will be good from UEFA’s side if they do win the bid to own the club.
Reads to me that they will need to work Uefa to get around the illegal aspects of owning two clubs.

I just don't like it.

Cheers.

It looks very much like Qatar will be the new owners with everything that’s coming out this past week. Simply too much from various sources.

I didn't think you could find a more horrific thread on the internet at the moment than the Nicola Bulley one on Twitter but here it is. 335 pages, about 4 of them relating to football if you're lucky, the rest just the same stuff on constant repeat. :rolleyes:
Said someone in a "potential Utd sale" thread. What is there to talk about football in this thread?

I didn't think you could find a more horrific thread on the internet at the moment than the Nicola Bulley one on Twitter but here it is. 335 pages, about 4 of them relating to football if you're lucky, the rest just the same stuff on constant repeat. :rolleyes:

This isnt number 5 either... :rolleyes:

Well at least the guy hasn't got two teams like Ratcliffe.Does seem from Wallace's article from two months ago he is a passionate fan

Salzburg & Leipzig are both owned by Red Bull. Plus as per Jamie Jackson’s article yesterday, it looks like it is two separate entities rather than the same.
But they are not. The Qatari royals control everything. So if we are playing PSG, there always be a question mark.

Shall we discuss the footballing skills of Avram and Joel as opposed to those of the Emir? What exactly is the point of this post?

But they are not. The Qatari royals control everything. So if we are playing PSG, there always be a question mark.

Yes I will admit playing them is gonna be weird,however it's only one team so not gonna worry for the rest of time

If they run the club properly they won’t be hated at all and they can be applauded for the running of the club. That does NOT mean you agree with what they do at home.

Tbf owning two football clubs is pretty relatable. It’s like with my United save in fifa, if I’m losing I just press pause go on to the side section screen and switch over to the other team.

Never fails.

PSG are owned by Qatar Sports Investment (QSI), which would not be able to acquire anything more than a minority stake in United. But QSI is funded by QIA and if another company under the QIA umbrella, say the Qatar National Bank then there is a chance that a 100% takeover bid could be fine but again like every other takeover, it will need to be ratified by UEFA.

Plus as I said how are Red Bull able to own two clubs in Leipzig & Salzburg? Or are they under the same sort of thing as I posted in the above paragraph which could be fine?

Look it’s extremely early days and we don’t know if the Glazers will even accept a figure less than their £6B asking price which no one seems to want to pay.

PSG are owned by Qatar Sports Investment (QSI), which would not be able to acquire anything more than a minority stake in United. But QSI is funded by QIA and if another company under the QIA umbrella, say the Qatar National Bank then there is a chance that a 100% takeover bid could be fine but again like every other takeover, it will need to be ratified by UEFA.

Plus as I said how are Red Bull able to own two clubs in Leipzig & Salzburg? Or are they under the same sort of thing as I posted in the above paragraph?

Look it’s extremely early days and we don’t know if the Glazers will even accept a figure less than their £6B asking price which no one seems to want to pay.

The rule makes sense to prevent conflicts of interest, but I wouldn‘t be surprised if UEFA ignores it.

I just really hope we don‘t become the biggest example of sportswashing in the world.

Where to begin? Because they are murderers, women abusers, sex traffickers, homophobes?

If you are not against the Qatari bid at least be honest who you are getting in bed with.

Do you believe there will be any protests against the purchase of the club by the Qataris, as there was against the Glazers?

It is a tiny country controlled by a few arseholes. Are you naive?

So you don't. And I don't assume you have any clue about the UEFA regulations about club ownership and what qualifications must be met to be able to play in the CL. You just throw wild assumptions and generalisations into this thread and rant on and on and on. Quite tiresome.

I hope Qatar isn’t buying United to serve as a feeder club to PSG. Would hate to be the Salzburg to PSG’s Leipzig

The rule makes sense to prevent conflicts of interest, but I wouldn‘t be surprised if UEFA ignores it.

I just really hope we don‘t become the biggest example of sportswashing in the world.

Where is the rule of conflict of interest implied on Red Bull owning two clubs though in Salzburg & Leipzig who both consistently qualify for the Champions League every season? Or unless it’s under a similar sort of umbrella that I implied in my previous post.

Again, will just need to wait & see as this isn’t something that is going to be rubber stamped overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.