Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea had provisions about minimum transfer spend, leveraging debt etc and we get this.
Shows how much they couldn’t give one feck about us
Could be down to the fact that the Govt were involved in the Chelsea sale?

-Women aren‘t allowed to do anything without the permission of a male guardian
-Labor practices that amount to forced labor and slave labor
-Anti LGTB laws
-Sex trafficking
-Support of terrorism

But no judgment right...

[sarcasm[Yeah but I can walk around Qatar with my Rolex on and not feel like I might get robbed.[/sarcasm]

Genuinely not sure

Would it not be better to just focus on trying to communicate what we find unacceptable?

I mean, if a tiny fraction leave, they probably dont care. But a tiny fraction can be quite loud if organized. Both online and in the stadium. It might not help much, but leaving will not help either. Furthermore, by leaving the club will be dominated by those who dont care. It will make Man Utd look like any other club.

I also refuse to say that the club is the owner. The club is the fans, history and so much more.

Genuinely not sure

Maybe by sticking around and supporting the club, you could question the regime on how they conduct themselves in their home country.

If the people of Qatar want change and are being oppressed, maybe Qatar owning us will bring more spotlight on to these issues, and hopefully force change.

I don't walk around England fearing of being robbed...

There you go then. So you don't know the feeling. Ask people who have been in that position and then make a comment!

But you get your "sarcastic" comment in and try and act like Billy Big Bollocks.

I wish English football would have adopted the 50+1 rule from Germany. Now clubs are worth billions and i don't see it ever happening sadly.

Too much money in this great game.

Which is why I clearly stated it wasn't to do with them buying the club and why I stated I do not agree with their current breaches of human rights. I've clearly stated that my problem was with the comments that previous poster had made about Qatar never being able to progress or change. You have chosen to ignore that because you have your own notion of what you want to discuss about Qatar, and have tried to suggest I was arguing something that I was not.

Well if it was an abstract musing then that's all fine. But this is a thread about who the next owners of Manchester United should be so it's reasonable to take any suggestion of positives about Qatar in that context. And when I hear people throwing about terms like racist and xenophobe then it sounds a little like they're trying to deflect criticism of a barbarous regime by using trigger words that don't apply and shouldn't be used in this context.

Fair enough mate.

Right I get you took exception to the headchoppers comment, fair enough. But surely you can refute that claim with evidence that, that isn't the case. Without also immediately jumping to whatboutisms relating the the US, which has no relevance to this discussion.

Well if you look at the history of my discussion with that guy he called them headchoppers and provided a link to Wiki where they listed the Human Rights violations of Qatar. And there they claimed they had exactly a single capital punishment in 17 years. So he tried to prove his claim by linking to a Wiki page where his claim was simply not backed up.

And as I've said. I'm not even trying to excuse Qatar for all their Human Rights issues. But the things thrown around in this thread are simply borderline racist.

Shock Ten Hag sack claim issued as Man Utd set to appoint world-class manager on one condition (msn.com)

MSN reporting Ten Hag could be replaced if the Qatar bid is accepted and they take over, as they want their own appointment as manager.

I don't see this being true, and could cause major issues with the fans. If they want to make a good first impression, doing this will kill any credibility they have with the fans from the start.

I'm guessing this is more a shock headline for clicks. But you never know.

this thread is unbearable

maybe it’s time for an updates only thread?
It’s basically same for last 339 pages, Few threatens to boycott United if who they want didnt end up as owner, then few point out all the problems of this world and then accuse others that they dont care

Is there a way to set up a thread that has updates only with no user comments?

For example, only social media posts from reliable sources
Is it time for a thread like this?
Updates seems to be coming thick and fast and it's sure to gather pace over the next few weeks

Shock Ten Hag sack claim issued as Man Utd set to appoint world-class manager on one condition (msn.com)

MSN reporting Ten Hag could be replaced if the Qatar bid is accepted and they take over, as they want their own appointment as manager.

I don't see this being true, and could cause major issues with the fans. If they want to make a good first impression, doing this will kill any credibility they have with the fans from the start.

Who reads MSN?

It's MSN. Could be replaced. It's nonsensical

MSN :lol:

I don't understand this whole "he wants to mix with the tories" angle. I could not care less what his political views are even if I disagree with them? Do you hate your neighbours because of who they vote for? If that's the negative for him, then its pretty damn negligible compared to human rights abuses.
It is more he is a fan angle that annoys me, come and watch us then, is he in the crowd supporting us when team is in London. We only know of two presumed bidders and everyone is arguing. Let us find out who all the bidders are and what their finances/plans are. We can argue all we like. It is not up to us the Glazers will accept the bid that gives each of them the most money.

Have you been robbed in England and have you walked around with a Rolex on in Qatar?
No to being robbed. I know people who have. Even being taken from their car and taken home to give over their possessions.

Not been to Qatar, but I have been to Dubai with my Rolex. However, my bro-in-law has been to Qatar with his Rolex on. He felt very safe and not threatened.

Also, to add weight to the broad point I'm making about safety, did you hear of any crowd trouble at the world cup in Qatar? Compare this to the trouble at the Euro finals at Wembley, where my wife was at, and was very scared. Also, poor Lando Norris, got his watch stolen at the final.

People really need to stop this nonsense. There’s no way any Manchester fecking United success will mean nothing because like ‘we’re not a proper club’ or something. Excuse my arrogance but, we are supposed to win. We are supposed to be finishing ahead of Manchester City, who are genuinely supposed to be in the Championship. Let’s stop this trying to make out that City success is the normal order of business and United success requires explanation.

What? City's success literally means nothing...if Qataris get a hold of us, ours won't either. And I don't wanna hear the usual whataboutism, turning a blind eye to everything and comparing Ratcliffe and other businessmen to literal mass murderers...

A Ten Hag replacement is actually not unlikely, by whoever the pet manager of the emir is. Xavi was manager in Qatar. They are probably Barça fans. Casemiro will have to go to.

It is more he is a fan angle that annoys me, come and watch us then, is he in the crowd supporting us when team is in London. We only know of two presumed bidders and everyone is arguing. Let us find out who all the bidders are and what their finances/plans are. We can argue all we like. It is not up to us the Glazers will accept the bid that gives each of them the most money.
If he says he's a fan, we can either take that at face value and believe it, or we can think he's full of it. I don't know the guy and as such have no reason to disbelieve him, not sure why anyone would think he's lying about it. As far as going to chelski games, I don't know the guys schedule, is it possible he's just too busy? How often does he even go to games? Your end point was exactly what my original post said, none of us have any power over who gets to purchase the club so its not really worth worrying over too much. I just stated my preference for Ratcliffe over a royal family, and at the risk of being called xenophobic, a big portion of that is the fact that he's British. I think all the clubs should be owned by British owners, if only in the hope they might be more understanding of the fans. That being said in an ideal world, we would be fan owned like in Germany, but that's just not going to happen, at least any time soon. Although knowing the FA, they probably would make such a ruling now that they know United might be getting royal family owners, just as one final middle finger to us, everybody else would be grandfathered in of course.

Already been reported that if Qatar takeover, they will back EtH.
That is what they would say naturally. They lied their heads off before the WC about work conditions.

They were the first ever shirt sponsor of Barça starting in 2011.

No to being robbed. I know people who have. Even being taken from their car and taken home to give over their possessions.

Not been to Qatar, but I have been to Dubai with my Rolex. However, my bro-in-law has been to Qatar with his Rolex on. He felt very safe and not threatened.

Also, to add weight to the broad point I'm making about safety, did you hear of any crowd trouble at the world cup in Qatar? Compare this to the trouble at the Euro finals at Wembley, where my wife was at, and was very scared. Also, poor Lando Norris, got his watch stolen at the final.

There was a reporter that got mugged live on TV during the Pre World Cup buildup ffs! Granted Qatar is a safe country (mainly due to it's strict rules and harsh sentencing) but crime doesn't just stop in Qatar. It was a silly post. There are obviously areas of Qatar you will get mugged in just like in England.

feck Lando Norris.

It's a shame Gaddafi got murdered isn't it, he'd be a great owner. Questionable human rights record but sure the US have guns.

They're recycling news from yesterday where someone from Holland predicted that the Qataris will replace ten Hag because they prefer Spanish coaches and then pointed to City and their Spanish coaching staff as evidence, like there isn't a difference between Abu Dhabi and Qatari nationals.

There was a reporter that got mugged live on TV during the Pre World Cup buildup ffs! Granted Qatar is a safe country (mainly due to it's strict rules and harsh sentencing) but crime doesn't just stop in Qatar. It was a silly post. There are obviously areas of Qatar you will get mugged in just like in England.

feck Lando Norris.

The reporter got "mugged" as the security believed that he was breaking the rules that were in place. Clearly, that was incorrect and he was apologised to and things moved on. He wasn't mugged for wearing a Rolex.

"Feck Lando Norris." And my post was silly. You proved my point with that last comment. :lol:

What? City's success literally means nothing...if Qataris get a hold of us, ours won't either. And I don't wanna hear the usual whataboutism, turning a blind eye to everything and comparing Ratcliffe and other businessmen to literal mass murderers...

I’ve never understood the argument that any future United success is meaningless if we have Qatari owners. Now, if they break the rules and financially dope us, then fair enough, but why would they do that when there is no need?

They're recycling news from yesterday where someone from Holland predicted that the Qataris will replace ten Hag because they prefer Spanish coaches and then pointed to City and their Spanish coaching staff as evidence, like there isn't a difference between Abu Dhabi and Qatari nationals.
Xavi was there for many years and they sponsored Barça. This is not far fetched.

Status
Not open for further replies.