Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand why ineos sponsors F1, buy up smallish clubs. But what's their objective in risking at least 6billion quid and probably more to upgrade the infra?
It's not like some 20-30million no long term commitments.

What better way to improve the reach, image and outlook of your brand? Associate it with the biggest sporting club in the world.

Na, they have to be seen to be separate.
Mbappe for a world record fee but he’s 100 percent coming this way. The fee means other clubs could have signed him if they stumped up the cash so it’s not sketchy as shit.
Which is fecking horrible for the sport by the way
He doesn’t even want to resign long term with PSG, why would he want to move to Manchester? He’ll walk on a free to Real. No chance he comes to United.

How many beheadings is too many? How many are you willing to put up with?

For the morally bankrupt:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking_in_Qatar

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Qatar
What about the slave sweatshops in Asia of Western companies? I bet you wouldn't turn down an Apple ownership if offered, would you? Come on people, you're so fecking naive. Qatar doesn't operate on any different level than the majority of the global economies or companies in the world. They have strict country law, but business practices? It's all the same shit. If you think someone who has the money to buy United is going to be a good guy, well...

He doesn’t even want to resign long term with PSG, why would he want to move to Manchester? He’ll walk on a free to Real. No chance he comes to United.
If he wanted that he would have joined Madrid before signing the last extension.
Mbappe and Madrid are the biggest myth in football, the man has turned them down 2/3 times already and he’s only 24.
It looks as if Madrid have realised this since all their sources have said they won’t go after Mbappe again

I’ve already accepted that and while it won’t affect my support for the team, I still think it’s important we continue the conversation about state backed consortiums buying up sports teams.

The obscene amounts of money involved invariably come from the exploitation of something, be it individuals or the planet and it’s important this is spoken about, irrespective of who our owners turn out to be. Supporting the club and calling out the owners are not incompatible.

I remember visiting Barcelona FC Museum and reading their history (ie which clearly hinted Franco's involvement in making Real great) and say that such a thing a bad idea. If I in my twenties could figure that out at the time then UEFA/FIFA/FA should had figured that out and prevent it from happening especially since the FA had flexed the muscle to stop a far lesser threat (ie Sky) to buy us. Unfortunately that didn't happen and now the genie is out of the bottle.

So unless the rules change to force these states/nations to sell these clubs then there's nothing we can do. They will keep buying clubs and use their superior funds to dominate football as they are currently doing. As a Manchester United supporter I want us to be the best. Thus I rather see us riding the wave then be crushed by it. My morals won't change irrespective by captain Maguire holding a United shirt with Qatar or a major polluter printed on it. However I understand the argument on the other side and I don't consider them as lesser fans.

One article from two years ago, whereby INEOs have since introduced several green initiatives to improve their record,

And another from Greenpeace who are referencing a report they done before INEOs commited to be net zero by 2050.

I'm not going to debate INEOs environmental issues, of which they have many historical misdemeanors.
But to claim a company who look to be assisting in being 'green' or net zero to the tune of a billion dollars is sportswashing is stretching it quite a bit.

Oh they pledged to go net zero by 2050. I can imagine a 100 year old plus Ratcliffe coming out to the media and tell them 'I told you so'. Meanwhile he threatened to close his plant in Middlesbrough if the UK dared to implement the EU new anti pollution rules. These promises reminds me of a person who claimed to be a United fan despite being a Chelsea season ticket owner and had tried to buy Chelsea. Someone who claim to love the UK while he moved to Monaco for tax avoidance reasons.

https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2019/03/23/ineos-chemicals-environment-pollution-eu-lobbying/

Thats less than Chelsea (incl their commitment to the transfers and infra)

He's a United fan (with a Chelsea season ticket rather then United's). How could it be that he's bidding less to us then Chelsea?

This article from December 2022 via Sam Wallace sheds some light on who actually is the United fan from the Qatari royals. And he's saying it's the son of the Emir who is a big United fan and has lived/studied in the UK and is well versed in the history of the club. I would guess it's him who is pushing to buy the club.

Sam Wallace: "The Emir of Qatar, head of its absolute monarchy, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, fourth son of the Emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa, who won the Fifa vote to host the World Cup finals, is a Manchester United fan. Not just a casual fan but, to those with knowledge of the situation, a committed United fan well-versed in the club’s history."

"Telegraph Sport can reveal that Sheikh Tamim, who attended Sherbourne and Harrow School, invited his old class-mates from the Royal Military Academy in Sandhurst to Qatar to watch a World Cup game. Videos of the visit for the World Cup even show the Emir delighting at the nostalgic experience of the class being shouted at by their former colour sergeant – for old time’s sake."

This article from December 2022 via Sam Wallace sheds some light on who actually is the United fan from the Qatari royals. And he's saying it's the son of the Emir who is a big United fan and has lived/studied in the UK and is well versed in the history of the club. I would guess it's him who is pushing to buy the club.

Sam Wallace: "The Emir of Qatar, head of its absolute monarchy, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, fourth son of the Emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa, who won the Fifa vote to host the World Cup finals, is a Manchester United fan. Not just a casual fan but, to those with knowledge of the situation, a committed United fan well-versed in the club’s history."

"Telegraph Sport can reveal that Sheikh Tamim, who attended Sherbourne and Harrow School, invited his old class-mates from the Royal Military Academy in Sandhurst to Qatar to watch a World Cup game. Videos of the visit for the World Cup even show the Emir delighting at the nostalgic experience of the class being shouted at by their former colour sergeant – for old time’s sake."

Glory, Glory Man United in a posh accent. Fecking toff.

The man’s a bluffer. He was never a serious option from day one.

He was a serious option if a ME state didn't bid. Now Qatar looks very likely to acquire the club. Which is good for the finances but makes me feel dirty if I'm cheering those fekkers. I'd much rather every club was forced to self finance.

He was a serious option if a ME state didn't bid. Now Qatar looks very likely to acquire the club. Which is good for the finances but makes me feel dirty if I'm cheering those fekkers. I'd much rather every club was forced to self finance.

Yeah I will feel dirty as well until I look at our brand spanking plush new stadium and training facilities then soon forget how we funded it

I don’t think he would be regardless of ME involvement. He’s way off the Glazers valuation, he’s offering even less than Chelsea went for and that’s after him running off to JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs to ask for loans to help him buy the club. He’s exactly what we don’t need.

We were self-financed until the cnuts stripped us bare financially. We need deep pockets to dig ourselves out of the financial pothole now. The cupboard's empty.

How can one of the biggest clubs in the world only afford 3 loanees for the January Window? WTF is that?Thats a crystal clear sign that we are in deep financial crap. It will only get worse unless we have some major money to bail us out.

We are not immune to being a Championship team.

Not going to lie, at this point anything but a full Qatar or Arab full purchuse will get me disappointed.

The fact Ratcliffe has gone to american bankers should be a big red warning sign. This means he has to borrow to acquire Utd, leading to more debt. We need to be debt free and not adding more to it. Even with jiggery pokery he takes the debt on himself and says the club is cleared, this will still hamper any monies into the club for stadium build transfers etc
How?

INEOS is light years ahead of United in terms of revenue, and would probably get preferential rates on borrowing too. The muppet users tweet actually referenced “800m for debt and possibly much more”.

Of course a capital project like that will be debt financed. He’s just secured funding before launching his bid.

How many beheadings is too many? How many are you willing to put up with?

For the morally bankrupt:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking_in_Qatar

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Qatar
I think the best thing to do if you’re against this is walk away from United. Really. Because if they do buy us the authorities/media/many fans will allow it anyway. I am not being flippant, and also am massively conflicted but after the way that Chelsea/City/Glazers actions have been tolerated by most in the last couple of decades I would be a hypocrite if I continued to watch my team after they were given the same affordances, whilst slating the fact that the owners were corrupt. So it then becomes a choice between walking away (and I respect anyone doing that) or being the same as the thousands of Chelsea fans or the couple of City fans who continued to support their team. We’ll just have to embrace the asterisks.

I don’t think he would be regardless of ME involvement. He’s way off the Glazers valuation, he’s offering even less than Chelsea went for and that’s after him running off to JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs to ask for loans to help him buy the club. He’s exactly what we don’t need.
Exactly, a broke owner that would struggle to meet the price and drown in debt. Yeah no thanks.

Ineos doesn't have shareholders. It's limited so basically it's all Jim! And I couldn't care less if he's a United fan or not. He's a business man out to make money.

We don't need capital injection each year to fund transfers or anything else for that matter. We make more money than any legit club in the world which is enough to handle he transfers and wages we need.

If we want to rebuild the stadium etc then we can easily get the finance to do that (Spurs didn't find a billion under the sofa).
I’m glad somebody has said this - I hope it goes in because this thread is like banging one’s head on a wall.
INEOS is 2/3 Sir Jim, and two other guys who split the other third. It’s all there on the website for anybody who cares enough to look.
“shareholders want to max profit” simply isn’t an arguement here.

Not going to lie, at this point anything but a full Qatar or Arab full purchuse will get me disappointed.

I'll be gutted if it's not Qatar now. I'l be crying into my cornflakes proper. I've already let my dreams go wild in my head about signings and stadium and everything.

Yeah, I remember this article. This when I really believed that they want us.

Another early exclusive...via a football journalist!

What about the slave sweatshops in Asia of Western companies? I bet you wouldn't turn down an Apple ownership if offered, would you? Come on people, you're so fecking naive. Qatar doesn't operate on any different level than the majority of the global economies or companies in the world. They have strict country law, but business practices? It's all the same shit. If you think someone who has the money to buy United is going to be a good guy, well...
Grow some balls. If Qatar isn‘t bad enough, what is? Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.