Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And on top of their annual income INEOS hold other assets worth billions as well.

When I see people say things like "they'll have to take money out of the club to pay for that debt anyway" I don't think they comprehend just how small the amount of money they could take from the club is relative to their annual income.

Exactly!

No-one buying United (at this price) expect to make their money back from dividends. It's all about the value of exposure.

Community asset this isn't Bayern where the 50+1 rule is applied so unless these US consortium's reveal anything it's still a choice of two right now

I've gave up hope of being a community asset or fan owned a long time ago! So yes, two choices. Neither great. Choice is to be a business asset or a toy for some sheik that we hope will keep interest.

Yeah just look at that Liew for proof of it,remember him waxing over rival teams in the old days of Sunday Supplement
He is a massive ABU. Where was he when Chelsea, City and Newcastle were purchased? 20 years is a long time to find your voice Jonathan

We don‘t need to mortgage control of the club to an evil dictator who will use our club for sportswashing, a vanity project, who will make statement signings including a new manager like Zidane.

French sources talking and backing up the Qatar bid talk lately makes me think that things may be more advanced with them than we would think...

The French are very well connected with Qatar

French sources talking and backing up the Qatar bid talk lately makes me think that things may be more advanced with them than we would think...

The French are very well connected with Qatar

I think they will be in by the end of April. Certainly before Summer.

We don‘t need to mortgage control of the club to an evil dictator who will use our club for sportswashing, a vanity project, who will make statement signings including a new manager like Zidane.

Mate calm, you and I have no say in this matter so stop going on about it like the final say on who buys the club is going to be a poll on RedCafe. We get your unhappiness but its not going to have an impact on anything.

Excuse me, Liverpool deal??

Edit: He also sort of confirms that FSG are looking for investment over new owners which is funny.

Guess that rules him out since the Glazers will sell to the highest bidder

Much as I would like to see INEOS win out (based on the details we have at this point at least) I have yet to see any argument as to how they could value the club at more than a bid backed by the Emir of Qatar will given they are presumably restricted by greater internal governance and the need for the purchase to make direct business sense. And I also haven't seen any argument as to why the Glazers wouldn't just sell us to the highest bidder.

So it seems to be pointing in one very obvious direction, one I strongly dislike.

He is a massive ABU. Where was he when Chelsea, City and Newcastle were purchased? 20 years is a long time to find your voice Jonathan
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...re-not-the-sort-to-take-punishment-lying-down
https://www.newstatesman.com/cultur...ted-the-world-but-what-do-they-want-in-return
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...le-united-narrow-escape-takeover-saudi-arabia

3 examples of Jonathan Liew criticising the people who own Newcastle and Manchester City. The reason that United will get more of it is because United are bigger, they're a more important institution, and therefore us becoming the same as City and Newcastle is more significant and isn't necessary. You don't have to be so defensive of the prospective new owners until they take over, then you can start with the whataboutery while asking them to announce Mbappe.

One article from two years ago, whereby INEOs have since introduced several green initiatives to improve their record,

And another from Greenpeace who are referencing a report they done before INEOs commited to be net zero by 2050.

I'm not going to debate INEOs environmental issues, of which they have many historical misdemeanors.
But to claim a company who look to be assisting in being 'green' or net zero to the tune of a billion dollars is sportswashing is stretching it quite a bit.

I saw the blue tick, the amount of followers, the bio and especially the handle and figured he looked the real deal. Biggest hint yet of the deal looking to be done?

Yeah he is reliable for PSG and considering they are owned by QSI this tweet definitely has legs

Excuse me, Liverpool deal??

Edit: He also sort of confirms that FSG are looking for investment over new owners which is funny.

Human rights abuses are obviously bad but if they nearly bought Liverpool and decide to buy us instead and spend a fortune to make us relevant again while Liverpool slide off into irrelevance, I think all those unjustly beheadings and behandings will probably have been worth it on balance.

Human rights abuses are obviously bad but if they nearly bought Liverpool and decide to buy us instead and spend a fortune to make us relevant again while Liverpool slide off into irrelevance, I think all those unjustly beheadings and behandings will probably have been worth it on balance.

Wonder if PSG can do us a deal on some squad depth for next season (backup DM for Casa, CB that sort of thing)

He will be proper bitter when we win league again
Fine by me

I’ll get on my high horse about corrupt owners when the media, authorities and enabler fans of Chelsea/City/Newcastle do and anyone else who stayed silent. Oh wait, they didn’t bother for the last 20 years….

You should apply for a work-visa there, you‘d fit right in.

It was literally game over as soon as the Qatari’s entered the bidding.

Expecting some reduced prices for PSG players now and we get first refusal on Hakimi and Mbappe. Hey maybe Neymar in a Utd shirt could actually become reality one day haha.

Expecting some reduced prices for PSG players now and we get first refusal on Hakimi and Mbappe. Hey maybe Neymar in a Utd shirt could actually become reality one day haha.

Could the same thing be said about them if they wanted Rashford & Martinez?

Expecting some reduced prices for PSG players now and we get first refusal on Hakimi and Mbappe
Na, they have to be seen to be separate.
Mbappe for a world record fee but he’s 100 percent coming this way. The fee means other clubs could have signed him if they stumped up the cash so it’s not sketchy as shit.
Which is fecking horrible for the sport by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.