Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

van Nistelrooy

I can see further repeats of the abandoned Liverpool game.
I'd like to think so, but I highly doubt we'll see anything of equal significance.

It happened under Covid, along with the Euro 2020 final (reduced attendances). Match going fans feel they have too much to risk with bans. Covid was an exception.

I'm all in favour of arming the crowd with unharmful props to disrupt the games as a start. Instructed to throw the props on to the pitch at certain minutes of the match to cause disruption. It would cause mayhem, too many people to identify as being responsible and would most likely cause matches to be abandoned.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I can't see Qatar staying quiet if they were genuinely out of the race/lost interest. They'd have cause more stir and shown public interest in a different club by now.
I still maintain that Qatar and SJ are the type to walk away with their dignity intact. If the Glazers had no intention of selling to them or they knew there was no chance of them winning they'd walk away on their own terms.

We'd get some kind of PR or leak saying they were walking away due to the Glazers not wanting to sell or whatnot. There's no way they'd allow themselves to be rejected by the Glazers

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Hugh Culverhouse, the man from whom the Glazers inherited the Bucs after several lawsuits following his death, was notoriously known for being that kind of cheap (down to the clothes as well).
The Glazers? Involved in a lawsuit? No way!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I still maintain that Qatar and SJ are the type to walk away with their dignity intact. If the Glazers had no intention of selling to them or they knew there was no chance of them winning they'd walk away on their own terms.

We'd get some kind of PR or leak saying they were walking away due to the Glazers not wanting to sell or whatnot. There's no way they'd allow themselves to be rejected by the Glazers
Agreed. The radio silence from Qatar to me only signifies that they are still in it behind the scenes. They wouldn't want people dragging their name into a saga that they know they've lost.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Qatar will be fuming that the Saudi’s have shown up their stale project tonight. Time for pastures new. They’re surely desperate to take over United and put them back to the top of the pyramid.

Right? :(

kaku06

Vulgarian
Qatar will be fuming that the Saudi’s have shown up their stale project tonight. Time for pastures new. They’re surely desperate to take over United and put them back to the top of the pyramid.

Exactly what I was hoping.:D

Woziak

The Manager is a problem though. Ten Hag is not best in class. Ten Hag Fanboys do not understand this. How do you even know Ten Hag would willingly work under a Sporting Director, he demanded control of transfers or he wouldn’t even have come to Man Utd

Qataris will not tolerate some baldy Dutch egghead who loses games 7-0 to tell them what they can or cannot do. Ten Hag also has a habit of going to places like Anfield or Etihad and getting absolutely smashed
You just know when we go to Anfield in December we are getting smashed.

Again Qatar will not tolerate that. Ten Hag is gone my friend, once new owners come in and that’s a good thing. Like I said it’s Nagelsmann or De Zerbi by summer 24
It could be sooner than that, if SJ wins, they will not mess around, they’ll have Zidane or De Zerbie lined up by Xmas 2023 or another coach plus they change everyone from Arnold, Murtough to Fletcher and even the youth coaches, someone like Paul Mitchell will be given the keys by either SJ or INEOS and he’ll have his work cut out to make us relevant again?

George The Best

This is the sorry state we are in, asking a state to come and save us. I just find this a bit depressing to be fair. We should be debating and arguing about how we feel about Qatar taking over not begging them.
I agree to an extent. But, truth is, the owners ran an auction that attracted only two bidders. Of those, only one has said they will clear the debts and invest in the infrastructure. Sadly it’s a one horse race if you want to see the Glazer’s gone.

gaffs

It could be sooner than that, if SJ wins, they will not mess around, they’ll have Zidane or De Zerbie lined up by Xmas 2023 or another coach plus they change everyone from Arnold, Murtough to Fletcher and even the youth coaches, someone like Paul Mitchell will be given the keys by either SJ or INEOS and he’ll have his work cut out to make us relevant again?

Woziak

They will be more fuming that Saudi and Abu Dhabi have their tentacles in the EPL and City are now starting to dominate Europe with a Newcastle team which has endless possibilities as soon as they can increase their stadium, revenue and expectation to start wining.

They’ve invested in PSG now for over a decade and not won the CL, their superstar players don’t want to be playing in the French league, but if they really wanted a part of the PL pie, United would be the obvious option but the fact it’s dragging on is worrying, INEOS outmanoeuvred Qatar state when they invested with Mercedes in formula one so nothing should be taken as a done deal yet?

Dazzmondo

It doesn't have to be Paul Mitchell as long as it's some top class, proven DOF, but with the timing of him becoming free it would make sense to bring him in under the new ownership. Changing the recruitment structure should be priority number 1. Once that's sorted, we can move onto the facilities and decide on the manager, etc.

Brophs

The One and Only
This has been sitting in their drafts for months.
listen cockface...you are the most vile cumstain I've ever encountered in the murky world of M&A. You monopoloise every bidding process you come across with some half arsed one liner that would'nt qualify for the Joe Longthorne show and then present yourself like you are the King of comedy on American prime time. You epitimise most of what I detest about Qatar...more money than sense....sock puppet bids for national institutions while smoking in board rooms like you’re an extra in Mad Men and most of all the fact that I’m not even sure you exist as a human man that really points out to every other person at this investment bank that the highlight of your day is a wank to "big tit weekly". You dont have the friends here you perceive yourself to have and have the intellect of a gnat and the culmanation of this sceario will be your demise in a slow and agonising manner.

Be warned.

jadaba

I feel for Sheikh Jassim. I've been ghosted too. It's a terrible feeling.
Maybe he's one of those bored rich guys who's into being humiliated and being told he's worthless, in this case humiliation via public ghosting.

Yorke to Cole

They will be more fuming that Saudi and Abu Dhabi have their tentacles in the EPL and City are now starting to dominate Europe with a Newcastle team which has endless possibilities as soon as they can increase their stadium, revenue and expectation to start wining.

They’ve invested in PSG now for over a decade and not won the CL, their superstar players don’t want to be playing in the French league, but if they really wanted a part of the PL pie, United would be the obvious option but the fact it’s dragging on is worrying, INEOS outmanoeuvred Qatar state when they invested with Mercedes in formula one so nothing should be taken as a done deal yet?
Are we now saying INEOS are favorites given there is more noise coming from their camp.

It is strange that Jassim has been quiet since June, when the Qatari press suggested it was done.

Woziak

Are we now saying INEOS are favorites given there is more noise coming from their camp.

It is strange that Jassim has been quiet since June, when the Qatari press suggested it was done.
The truth is no one knows anything and it’s clear The Glazers want more competitive tension so Qatar can up their bid, Buying a minority stake by INEOS is not a like for like takeover, so who knows what’s going to happen, You have to think the A class hedge funds will have a say in the final outcome.

Yorke to Cole

That quote on MUFCMPB from MEN could be something taken from 2-4 months ago. it may not be related to anything recently. I can't believe there has been no communication between Raine and all the interested parties. Mike Keegan said that Raine are "trying to bridge the gap".

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I think with the ESL not happening and the infrastructure investment needed, it’s a matter of time before they sell. It’s just all about the price. They are greedy parasitic, and ultimately very patient cnuts. They’ve secured new sponsorship which helps show the enduring appeal, and may be waiting for confirmation on the new tv deals, before tying this one up. The only thing working in our favour right now is how bad the fecking team is. We’ve spent a lot and we’re still terrible. There’ll be no CL next season, which is another hit to the coffers; so I’ll imagine they’ll want to hold on long enough to maximise the return, but not too long that a terrible season impacts sale price.

This is likely coming down to a difference of a few hundred million quid. I’d say as little as 250m, or as much as 7-800m difference in valuation. A proper financial embargo by the fans by restricting games, disrupting sponsors, and boycotting subscriptions and merchandise, could get this over the line; but it won’t ever happen in a coordinated enough way. So we are stuck with this game of brinkmanship between Qatar and the inbreds. It’ll sell eventually I’d bet, I just don’t know how far it’ll go before it does.

I’ve already cancelled my subscriptions etc. about as much as I can do. Can’t be bothered to follow this saga until there’s a breakthrough.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I know. Old Man Glazers was notorious. I posted a whole bunch of material relating to his pre-United legal shenanigans.
Thanks, I'll take a look. I'll admit for a long time I thought other Caf posters were being over the top with their criticism, trying to make the Glazers out to be some cartoon villain caricature instead of just a bunch of incompetent billionaires who inherited a ton of money. Nope, turns out they really are as greedy and parasitic in every way as they've been made out to be!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The Manager is a problem though. Ten Hag is not best in class. Ten Hag Fanboys do not understand this. How do you even know Ten Hag would willingly work under a Sporting Director, he demanded control of transfers or he wouldn’t even have come to Man Utd

Qataris will not tolerate some baldy Dutch egghead who loses games 7-0 to tell them what they can or cannot do. Ten Hag also has a habit of going to places like Anfield or Etihad and getting absolutely smashed
You just know when we go to Anfield in December we are getting smashed.

Again Qatar will not tolerate that. Ten Hag is gone my friend, once new owners come in and that’s a good thing. Like I said it’s Nagelsmann or De Zerbi by summer 24
Under Ajax he worked very well under a DoF who called the shots, Nagelsmann just took the job as an international manager, De Zerbi was the hipster choice a month ago before he started shitting the bed.

I think that sums it all up.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Let's not get ahead of your skis.

Let's wait till next summer to see who the hipster's choice will be then. Nagelsmann or De Zerbi could be as stale as fish by then.

Tarrou

Qatar was United's only hope of becoming a relevant club again. Until this happens, enjoy mediocrity.
what’s your reasoning? We already spend enough to be very successful, we’re just poorly run and make bad decisions at the top

the fact is whoever buys us will keep spending a lot, and they’ll be judged on their success by their decisions

whether that’s Jimmy or Qatar or whatever it’s the same

the sad fact is once the Glazers are gone, we’re flipping a coin on whether the new owners are good or not

croadyman

Think Mitchell is very much Ratcliffe's guy,however confident that Jassim would still appoint someone of a similar experience

ti vu

PSG trophies under Qatari made them the most decorated domestically (cup competitions too) club in France. They couldn't win CL, but they made a final. PSG issue may be similar Bayern that they're domestically challenged enough to always stay in top form. However, we're talking about PL team. After City treble, it's not even debatable that outspending opposition in long run can bring success with the right personnel and structure. Even Newcastle looks to make meteorite rise.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
Out of boredom I will try my best to Occam this thing.

Let's assume 2 initial, similar bids have been offered by SJ and S-JimR , and there's a division between the brothers who want to sell now (let's call them KBED) and the ones who either don't or at least aren't in a hurry to do so (let's call them AJ). If this isn't solved by now, it's likely because they prefer different bids. So the conversation goes something like this:

KBED: We want to cash in now. Let's choose the bid that gets us more money.

AJ: There's more money to be made in the future! Let's wait a little longer or find a solution that allows us to keep our shares.

KBED: OK, go talk to the bidders and get a deal that allows us to cash in and you to stay put.

AJ goes to the bidders

AJ: Bidders, we're close. Let us hear a new offer that's both higher and allows us to stay in.

SJ: Nope, sorry, final bid is on the table. We'll be waiting for your call.

S-JimR: Let me get back to you on that.

S-JimR talks to his financial advisors

S-JimR: Guys, what do you think? Can we do what it takes to win this one?

FAs: Let us get back to you on that.

FAs talk to different banks, investors and debt restructurers. 1 month pass.

FAs: OK, we can go this high on stock price and this low on stock share, but no more.

S-JimR: Great! Let's make this happen!

A new restructured bid is made and then sent. Another couple of weeks pass.

S-Jim: So, fellas, have you seen our last bid? What do you think?

AJ: Oh, we must have missed it in the inbox for reasons unrelated to us wanting to extend this as long as possible so we get to stay. Let us check and we'll get you back on that.

They check the inbox and like the new bid, so they meet with the other faction. A week pass.

AJ: So this is the offer that allows all of us to have what we want. What do you guys think?

KBED: Let us get back to you on that.

They talk to their lawyers and advisors.

KBED: Look, this is the last bid. Is it good enough? Does it work?

L&As: Let us get back to you on that.

They check. A couple of billable weeks pass.

L&As: In our expert, reliable opinion that is unrelated to us billing by the hour plus final number and not by the process' swift success, we think that either it doesn't work for the minority shareholders or that you could be getting more.

KBED: OK thanks! I'll let them know.

A week pass. Siblings meeting

KBED: Sorry bros, but this bid either doesn't work for the minority shareholders or we could be getting more. Let's get back to that bid that allows us to cash out with more money.

AJ: Please, let's not get impatient! We can wait a little longer or find a solution that allows us to keep our shares. We can't be bullied by neither the bidders nor the fans booing us and putting up signs in Old Trafford.

KBED: OK, then go talk to the bidders again and make that deal happen. Didn't get that last part though, what is a Trafford and what does it have to do with anything?

Rinse and repeat. And of course, this is completely unrelated to something similar happening to me lately in my line of work:nono:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.