Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josep Dowling

They must be reconsidering now... hundreds of millions spent in the transfer market, several managers and no improvement. Surely they must be thinking its time to sell up and run with the money and leave the restructuring and problems to someone else?

If they fire EtH then it's another huge payout, the hunt for another manager and even more money spent... I know the Glazers are leeches but even they must be weighing their options up now
You’re forgetting it’s never their money being wasted. The only thing getting in more debt by their bars decisions is the club.

Telsim

Babe, wake up, time to "leak" the next emergency PR!

What is it going to be this time? Jassim close to submitting a new bid? Has submitted a new bid? Ratcliffe has pulled out of the deal? Which is it going to be, Richard?

Appletonred

At this point, the club is like a lost soul, and to be honest, everything that has been going on off the pitch is now having a serious detrimental effect on the pitch with the players and staff alike, there's no stability, nothing positive, just a very negative working environment for these guys, something has to seriously give, and furthermore, a partial sale will not change a thing, it has to be a full sale and only then will this club start to truly recover.

Yorke to Cole

Still, we shall see i suppose
[/QUOTE]
The country prides itself on being docile. United is no different, if anything it's worse.
Voting to leave the EU and voting Boris Johnson as prime minister has proven that!

I always say you did out the rotten roots before anything else (in any situation).

Yorke to Cole

At this point, the club is like a lost soul, and to be honest, everything that has been going on off the pitch is now having a serious detrimental effect on the pitch with the players and staff alike, there's no stability, nothing positive, just a very negative working environment for these guys, something has to seriously give, and furthermore, a partial sale will not change a thing, it has to be a full sale and only then will this club start to truly recover.
Absolutely agree. I have really felt this and exacerbated over the past month. I think the situation in the summer has proven it as well.

Acquire Me

I wish we would act like the Ajax fans. Massive protests would help.

This fecking club makes my blood boil. So many emotions because of this train wreck of a club.

Red00012

If we finish outside a European spot and they don’t sell I feel like it’s going to get a whole lot worse

Irishman

The cancer that is the Glazers is now terminal. Club may actually have to die in order to rise again.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I cannot wait for the Ratcliffe fanboys to come explain to us how him getting 25% is alright because he's not Qatar.

Acquire Me

I cannot wait for the Ratcliffe fanboys to come explain to us how him getting 25% is alright because he's not Qatar.
We need the Glazers out. 25% will not make the cut. If SJR really wants to buy the club, he can afford to make it a full sale.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
We're a fecking joke when it comes to this too to be fair. For all the clamouring to have them gone, other than a few marches and chants, you wouldn't know it. We need to be disrupting games, it needs to get fecking ugly, they need to feel like they are not safe to set foot inside the fecking stadium - same goes for their cronies Arnold and Murtugh.

Chairman Steve

Every week it feels like we get another hammer blow of negativity, whether it be random long term injury out of nowhere, another scandal involving one of our players or the latest reminder that the club sale hasn’t progressed in months.

It’s ridiculous how much shit and drama the club has gone through this past year.

Woziak

If we finish outside a European spot and they don’t sell I feel like it’s going to get a whole lot worse
Genuinely think with the financial situation they couldn’t survive, FSP will reduce to 80% next season, they will have a reduced revenue if no European football after Xmas, but if he loses 10 games from the first 15/16 this season, ETH will get sacked. If he loses 2 more in CL and 3 more in PL in next 5 or 6 games he’s gone and his reputation will be in tatters so from his point a view he needs to find a way to motivate his over pampered pussies quickly, from the fans point of view we’ve seen it all before, false Dawn, coach is given too much authority in transfer market, no true football leadership by a true Director of Football, problems on and off the field, no leadership by the people who actually own the club.

If Roman Abrahamovic or Sheikh Mansour was in charge ETH would be sacked snd they would have a left field elite manager lined up and the players would respond or moved on in the summer.

Sacking the manager is not always the right answer but make no mistake we can’t blame the Glazers for the last two results they are on the Manager and the team. The silver lining however is 2 or 3 more defeats before October is finished and you have to think that the Goblins. Might finally have had enough and finally sell the club.

ShinjiNinja26

We're a fecking joke when it comes to this too to be fair. For all the clamouring to have them gone, other than a few marches and chants, you wouldn't know it. We need to be disrupting games, it needs to get fecking ugly, they need to feel like they are not safe to set foot inside the fecking stadium - same goes for their cronies Arnold and Murtugh.
You seen Ajax fans reaction after a few months of shit results, they’d have burnt the stadium to the ground by now if they had this lot as owners.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
You seen Ajax fans reaction after a few months of shit results, they’d have burnt the stadium to the ground by now if they had this lot as owners.
But they're a big club in the Bayern, Real, Barca sense in their league. They've always been successful and one of the best. We've had 2 world class managers who have written our history, the rest is nothing to write home about.

Acquire Me

Genuinely think with the financial situation they couldn’t survive, FSP will reduce to 80% next season, they will have a reduced revenue if no European football after Xmas, but if he loses 10 games from the first 15/16 this season, ETH will get sacked. If he loses 2 more in CL and 3 more in PL in next 5 or 6 games he’s gone and his reputation will be in tatters so from his point a view he needs to find a way to motivate his over pampered pussies quickly, from the fans point of view we’ve seen it all before, false Dawn, coach is given too much authority in transfer market, no true football leadership by a true Director of Football, problems on and off the field, no leadership by the people who actually own the club.

If Roman Abrahamovic or Sheikh Mansour was in charge ETH would be sacked snd they would have a left field elite manager lined up and the players would respond or moved on in the summer.

Sacking the manager is not always the right answer but make no mistake we can’t blame the Glazers for the last two results they are on the Manager and the team. The silver lining however is 2 or 3 more defeats before October is finished and you have to think that the Goblins. Might finally have had enough and finally sell the club.
We can and we should. This club is rotten from top to bottom. We would never be in this situation with a better setup. The commercial setup will never get us where we should be sporting wise.

A club who got a really good footballing setup from top to bottom will thrive. We are a huge club and would be able to get the best people in every apartment.

It is more than fair to point fingers at the Glazers imo.

ShinjiNinja26

But they're a big club in the Bayern, Real, Barca sense in their league. They've always been successful and one of the best. We've had 2 world class managers who have written our history, the rest is nothing to write home about.
I get what you’re saying about being the big fish in their league but we dominated the PL for the best part of 20 years and have established ourselves as one of the biggest clubs in the world along with Real Madrid and Bayern etc.. yes it’s largely down to 2 managers but that doesn’t mean we should just lay down and resign ourselves to being shit. That’s what the Glazers have reduced us too. We shouldn’t be standing for it, with decent ownership we could return to the top and had it not been for these parasites we’d most likely still be there now.

el3mel

Qatar was United's only hope of becoming a relevant club again. Until this happens, enjoy mediocrity.

dpansheth

Qatar was United's only hope of becoming a relevant club again. Until this happens, enjoy mediocrity.
Sums it up. all other arguments, points, morale, finance, deal-making, brexit etc etc are irrelevant.

The Irish Connection

Agree with everyone saying that the protests need to ramp up.
Myself and other fans have been boycotting for years and making efforts to protest online etc.
The local fans who are on the fence need to get on board with the protests from now on. Don’t go into the ground. A half empty old trafford would really send a message.
The Glazers are killing this club.

Woziak

We can and we should. This club is rotten from top to bottom. We would never be in this situation with a better setup. The commercial setup will never get us where we should be sporting wise.

A club who got a really good footballing setup from top to bottom will thrive. We are a huge club and would be able to get the best people in every apartment.

It is more than fair to point fingers at the Glazers imo.
So assuming A new owner takes over and ETH continues to lose and continues to pick players like Andre Onana, Antony, Mason Mount who are letting him down and not justifying their huge investment of nearly £190m, then who would we blame, because an owner that expects to win will not tolerate mediocrity and an owner like SJ will make sure no Man United manager loses 6 out of his first 10 games and loses 3 out of his first 6 at old Trafford.

He is two to three losses away from the sack, if he’s lucky enough for the Glazers to finally leave and sell the club, with the current position, in the PL and basically the club out of the CL, a new owner may have made their mind up that everyone must go, CEO, Director of Football, Technical Director, Head coach, Manager.

Right now if the club finish 8th -12th and have no European football then we can have a full reset this time. Starting 2024/25 season.

putzmcgee123

It certainly feels close to rock bottom. Poor on the pitch plus a lot of depressing stuff off it too. The hope that new owners would guarantee a change is about all that can be hoped for. Feck knows what happens if that doesn’t even pan out.
It's always darkest before the dawn. :'-)

I wish it didn't get to this point, but I have to say, the beating we have taken over the preceding months would make an announcement of a full sale hit even harder.

Woziak

You’re forgetting it’s never their money being wasted. The only thing getting in more debt by their bars decisions is the club.
But they borrowed again this summer against the club, there was no money generated by the club spent on new players, just debt borrowed against the club on a credit card.

croadyman

Yeah they are laughing in our faces because know the matchgoers are total pushovers,only Jassim can resuscitate this club right now

Last edited:

croadyman

We desperately need ruthless ownership because everyone around the club is too comfortable

Telsim

Only Qatar could have saved this club. No one else. Certainly not Jim Glazer.

What a shame.

Coops73

Yeah they are laughing in our faces because know the matchgoers are total pushovers,only Jassim can resuscitate this club right now
This is what it feels like, which is a shame in some respect, but I actually want the Qataris to come in and at least bring some positivity. Jim ain’t doing it and Jassim is all we’ve got left so I hope he just ups his bid and gets this done, I think he’d be carried into Old Trafford on the fans shoulders.

Pes6Monster

I think he’d be carried into Old Trafford on the fans shoulders.
He'd be applauded like Michael Knighton was, yes.

When watching us last night all I could think was getting bought out by a hard-right dictatorship for PR purposes would make Onana pass the ball better.

We need serious solutions.

Not to become psg.

arthurka

This is the sorry state we are in, asking a state to come and save us. I just find this a bit depressing to be fair. We should be debating and arguing about how we feel about Qatar taking over not begging them.

Coops73

This is the sorry state we are in, asking a state to come and save us. I just find this a bit depressing to be fair. We should be debating and arguing about how we feel about Qatar taking over not begging them.
I don’t feel comfortable about Qatar, far from it, I worry where we’re heading as a club and right now the only options seem to be Ratcliffe, Qatar and, god forbid, the Glazers staying and right now Qatar seems more palatable than the rest because the rest means the Glazers stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.