Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, It’s a strange one. You’d think the other 4 would be pushing for a full sale as they stand to walk away with far more money by taking the Qatari’s offer than Ratcliffe’s. The talk is he’ll invest 1.5B for 25%, now will part of that be used to pay off the 4 that want out? If so that’s far less than they’d get from Sheikh Jassim or will they be forced to wait on with the other 2 and hope they agree to sell up in 2 or 3 years time? The whole things a fecking mess.
I think the other four definitely prefer to sell to Qatar. Problem is, without J&A going along with it, it won't happen.

Aye, It’s a strange one. You’d think the other 4 would be pushing for a full sale as they stand to walk away with far more money by taking the Qatari’s offer than Ratcliffe’s. The talk is he’ll invest 1.5B for 25%, now will part of that be used to pay off the 4 that want out? If so that’s far less than they’d get from Sheikh Jassim or will they be forced to wait on with the other 2 and hope they agree to sell up in 2 or 3 years time? The whole things a fecking mess.

Have to assume it would be used to buy out some of the shares of the other 4, it couldn’t buy them all out. I think Bryan and Darcie are the 2nd and 3rd largest shareholders and own as much as Joel and Avram if not slightly more. There was talk of some of that 25% being the A class shares which is even more assurance that money isn’t going into the club.

Unless there is a full sale it’s just a big mess, and club will be stuck in limbo one way or another.

Think that would be me done holding hands with the glazers.

Be the end of my season ticket anyway.

hopeful if some partial shit investment goes thru that will see nothing invested into the actual club with just a mere promise of some chance that in like 3-5 years they will be gone sees the fans just absolutely revolt. Want to see multiple matches get postponed to really show the message. As long as the team stays in the premier league and doesnt get relegated we can finish bottom half for all i care.

You're going to have to eat the shit sandwich and like it.
I will come back to this post, hopefully sooner rather than later.

But to answer, no I won't have to. There's only so much bullshit I can take from the club before my interest gradually wanes.

As for the younger fans, we won't even be an option in the same way as the other properly run football clubs.

A very strong offer for 100% is on the table from Qatar. We don't know for sure, but it seems the 4 other Glazers would take that.
I don't think the Qatar bid is more than Ineos, in terms of what the 4 siblings would walk away with, its just more protracted given the fact Joel and Avram want to stay.
They are all family after all. I suspect Joel and Avram have said to the others that they want to stay and that they need more time to engineer a deal that allows them to do so - Ineos is the only way for that to happen.

Re the 25% - it wouldn't be enough to pay out all 4 of the "other" Glazers. The Sky News article Ratcliffe mulls buying Manchester United minority stake | UK News | Sky News said...

That offer would entail making an offer at the same price for both sets of shares, with one suggestion on Monday evening being that Sir Jim could seek a roughly 25% stake in the club as part of his latest proposal.

That implies 12.5% of class b shares and 12.5% of class A.

Why only 25% now, we dont know.

But to answer, no I won't have to. There's only so much bullshit I can take from the club before my interest gradually wanes.

As for the younger fans, we won't even be an option in the same way as the other properly run football clubs.

Same boat, no fun in supporting a team you are slowly watching be decimated from the people in charge who are only in it for personal gains.

On top of that the premier league currently feels like the integrity of the sport is at the lowest for a long time. All the money in the world, richest league in the world, abysmal officiating, the glory days are over to me it appears to be a slow trinkle to a super one sided league with huge gaps from the top couple of teams to the rest. Everything that’s made the English game the top is slowly being eroded for more and more money into the pockets of individuals, but that’s for another thread.

It is what it is mate. We will all have to eat whatever is served up.

We have been eating it for 20 years.

already happening.

Same boat, no fun in supporting a team you are slowly watching be decimated from the people in charge who are only in it for personal gains.

On top of that the premier league currently feels like the integrity of the sport is at the lowest for a long time. All the money in the world, richest league in the world, abysmal officiating, the glory days are over to me it appears to be a slow trinkle to a super one sided league with huge gaps from the top couple of teams to the rest. Everything that’s made the English game the top is slowly being eroded for more and more money into the pockets of individuals, but that’s for another thread.
Similar boat as well. for my mental & emotional health. This is going brexit route as well.

It is what it is mate. We will all have to eat whatever is served up.

We have been eating it for 20 years.
I've not bought a shirt and even if I've had the time and money to go to OT, I prefer to stay away until the Glazers feck off.

So we can do something but not everyone is willing to do so.

I've not bought a shirt and even if I've had the time and money to go to OT, I prefer to stay away until the Glazers feck off.

So we can do something but not everyone is willing to do so.

Thats all very well and good, but it makes little difference. There are fans all round the world that have never spent a penny on any United products or even been to a game.

There will never be a mass boycott. There was a sit in at OT a couple of weeks ago and it was only a few thousands in the Stretty.

We are all emotionally invested in the club, that it what matters most.

Also I call all news over last few days bull shit, or delayed. Stock would have moved in either direction. Ratcliffe aint paying $35 or whatever for common shares.
We are still at impasse. Both sides want it and yet there's still no deal.

No facts reported to counter this conclusion, best indicator would be a weekly close above $25-$30 or below $16.

Fair to say that it well known that Joal and Avram want to remain.....

Erik ten Hag has endless problems — but Manchester United have a way out of ‘toxic’ mess | The Independent

"It similarly looks likely the ownership situation will settle, even if it is not as many fans want. Joel and Avram Glazer still aren’t ready to sell, which will prevent the unanimity required from the siblings unless a mega offer is made. It is why Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s potential minority offer may be a strategically clever compromise. It gives the Glazers necessary investment and gives the INEOS boss a way in."
I cant believe there are still journalists in the UK media that thinks the Glazers will sell their shares to invest in the club. How stupid are these people?

We are all emotionally invested in the club, that it what matters most.

Actually I'm so bored with it all I don't think I've watched a full game since Spurs. Not really invested now. A lot of the casuals (and die hards) are feeling the same too.

At this point, and it will hurt, but the only sure way that all six Glazers depart the club is if the team continues to slide down the table, short term pain for long term gain.

Clock is ticking. The club needs a very significant influx of capital, which at the moment seems can only be achieved by the sale of the club (as the Glazer’s won’t invest a bean). The INEOS minority stake proposal does nothing to address that. 92F are playing a game of poker here. They’ve seen the books, done their due diligence and are sitting tight, imo, until the inevitable dawns on the Glazer family. It seems, to me, there is no way out for them but to sell when the next big cash call comes on the club. That may be 1 or 2 years down the road yet, but sell they must as they’ve exhausted all opportunities to find alternative investment that wouldn’t cost them a penny.

I disagree. I think we have a very strong and established wining culture, especially among our fans.
I’m not talking about our fans, I’m talking about the Glazes, Arnold And Murtourgh you honestly think they have a strong and established wining culture your living on cloud dreamland pal ?

Taking that Times article with a pinch of salt considering its coming from the INEOS side.

Makes no sense for Qatar to just leave the bid on the table if they know the club will be sold to Ratcliffe. Can't see that happening at all.

A very strong offer for 100% is on the table from Qatar. We don't know for sure, but it seems the 4 other Glazers would take that.
I don't think the Qatar bid is more than Ineos, in terms of what the 4 siblings would walk away with, its just more protracted given the fact Joel and Avram want to stay.
They are all family after all. I suspect Joel and Avram have said to the others that they want to stay and that they need more time to engineer a deal that allows them to do so - Ineos is the only way for that to happen.

Re the 25% - it wouldn't be enough to pay out all 4 of the "other" Glazers. The Sky News article Ratcliffe mulls buying Manchester United minority stake | UK News | Sky News said...

That offer would entail making an offer at the same price for both sets of shares, with one suggestion on Monday evening being that Sir Jim could seek a roughly 25% stake in the club as part of his latest proposal.

That implies 12.5% of class b shares and 12.5% of class A.

Why only 25% now, we dont know.

This is how this is being reported at £1.5bn but that makes no sense.

12.5% of 69% (113m) class B shares is 14.125m
And 12.5% of 31%(50m) is 6.25m Class A shares

Even if both were offered enterprise of $38
That’s only $775m or £635m Amd that’s not £1 billion, my guess is this is being reported wrong again and it’s 25% of Class A and 25% of class B shares which is £1.3 billion plus £200m investment to allow Cashflow improvements.

Taking that Times article with a pinch of salt considering its coming from the INEOS side.

Makes no sense for Qatar to just leave the bid on the table if they know the club will be sold to Ratcliffe. Can't see that happening at all.

exactly, PR in progress.

Their last point is incorrect. Jim has to buy all the A shares for it to go through if another offer is on the table to do so
Qatar were confident with Jim’s last offer since they seemed to know it wasn’t legal or able to go through so I’m guessing there’s something in the water with this as well

Also I call all news over last few days bull shit, or delayed. Stock would have moved in either direction. Ratcliffe aint paying $35 or whatever for common shares.
We are still at impasse. Both sides want it and yet there's still no deal.

No facts reported to counter this conclusion, best indicator would be a weekly close above $25-$30 or below $16.

Exactly the £1.5 billion rumour investment for 25% doesn’t stack up and there’s no fee to buy control this is purely minoroty investment?

Really doesn’t stack up !

Status
Not open for further replies.