Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
'The deadline is Friday. If you don't accept by then, we will... well, we'd really like it if you did.'

Wouldn’t it be in INEOS interest financially to wait 3 years to fully buy the glazers out and then make those sort of investments. After all if they invested and significantly increased the value then that’s more cost to them to buy the Glazers out.

You would think so in terms of buying out remaining Glazer shares. These are the sort of details that would require a lot of back and forth with this deal. The big caveat is obviously that INEOS will want to maximize potential of the club as soon as possible. That may be worth more to them. Plus there's no guarantee that building the stadium will increase the value of the club beyond what is already on offer.

You can start to see why the Glazers are probably taking the time and even negotiating with SJR if this is the route they want to go, which could explain the delays.

Why are they seemingly so obsessed with staying? Even the Ratcliffe bid suggests they’d be gone within 3 years or so, why not just take the actual cash now from Jassim? Why are such fecking cnuts who can’t just feck off and end this nightmare?

Why are they seemingly so obsessed with staying? Even the Ratcliffe bid suggests they’d be gone within 3 years or so, why not just take the actual cash now from Jassim? Why are such fecking cnuts who can’t just feck off and end this nightmare?
They believe the club will increase in value in the near/medium term. It all comes down to them wanting even more money.

From what I’ve read there’s no indication that the overall value of the club for the 69% and 51% bids are different.
Also my understanding. I think what has gone on is that Ratcliffe has initially intended to purchase 69% and made a bid for it. Then he received an indication that the Glazers would be more receptive to the 50.1% deal. Knowing this I think he’s bumped his valuation with the intention of doing that deal.

I agree but it might just come down to some of the glazers wanting to remain.
Yeah but it's all about money for the Glazers no? If so, a solution will come.

Unless, it's true that Avram and the other one are genuinely emotionally invested and are willing to let go of more money for that. It's possible that one of two of them have become actual fans and if so, then continuing to have a share would be important. But even so, Qatar should just accept a small minority of shares to Avram and move on.

Which is absolutely fine but the way you framed it as some widely held belief is a bit daft.

I think the opposite personally, the one thing we know for certain about the Glazers is that they are greedy.

Hypothetically if there was a chance for them to directly negotiate with Qatar to potentially get more money they would not turn down that opportunity. Neither would Raine as they would benefit also.

Unless someone is replying to news or posting news, most of the things here are assumptions and guess, and those are based on historical data or observations based on watching someone for years. .

Anyways to the important point, Glazers are greedy, thats why they won't be accepting this bid. SJ has made lot of bids and going by most reports it's below SJR's. All the promises of how they will be investing 1 billion when they become owner is a fluff piece, it doesn't win them the bid as Glazers don't care about it. All they care is money and by most reports SJR is making them good money compared to SJ. On top of it, SJ have sent their deadline which is today and there is barely any noise about it.

The way I see it, it's SJR or Glazers, going by reports SJ is fed up of the process and will be out of this race by today. I would be very surprised if Glazers suddenly starts negotiating with SJ just because he set deadline which is seen as exit strategy by few journalists.

Yeah but it's all about money for the Glazers no? If so, a solution will come.

Unless, it's true that Avram and the other one are genuinely emotionally invested and are willing to let go of more money for that. It's possible that one of two of them have become actual fans and if so, then continuing to have a share would be important. But even so, Qatar should just accept a small minority of shares to Avram and move on.
I'm pretty certain that absolutely none of the Glazers give a single crap about United. Look at the state of Old Trafford, they've neglected it for years, they drain money out of the club, have no intention of ever paying the debt... they couldn't care less.

All they're bothered about is how much money they can get and the only reason they may want to stay on is because the club value may rise and they may get more money

From what I’ve read there’s no indication that the overall value of the club for the 69% and 51% bids are different.
Also my understanding. I think what has gone on is that Ratcliffe has initially intended to purchase 69% and made a bid for it. Then he received an indication that the Glazers would be more receptive to the 50.1% deal. Knowing this I think he’s bumped his valuation with the intention of doing that deal.
Which doesn’t really make sense. Have all your money now or have some of it now and some of it later.

The only way it makes sense is if the Glazers aren’t going to just pick up the money and leave in 3 years and that is just PR coming from INEOS to sate the rabid United fans that want them gone.

Apply an ounce of critical thought and you’ll come to the conclusion there is more to it than that. The Glazers being given the option to stick around means they don’t plan on collecting the same money they could have now only in 3 years at all - they see other avenues for getting more money out of their minority ownership.

I wish he would just get serious and force their hands. Pay over the odds and get it done. Show the club and the fans some respect and desire.

so that deadline was a lie? :lol:

Obviously. They can not take the L at this point; it would be a major lose of face. This has 0 financial importance to Qatar and it's 100% a power play. They have the cash money and the motivation.

Obviously. They can not take the L at this point; it would be a major lose of face. This has 0 financial importance to Qatar and it's 100% a power play. They have the cash money and the motivation.

So what will they do to ensure victory then?

Which doesn’t really make sense. Have all your money now or have some of it now and some of it later.

The only way it makes sense is if the Glazers aren’t going to just pick up the money and leave in 3 years and that is just PR coming from INEOS to sate the rabid United fans that want them gone.

Apply an ounce of critical thought and you’ll come to the conclusion there is more to it than that. The Glazers being given the option to stick around means they don’t plan on collecting the same money they could have now only in 3 years at all - they see other avenues for getting more money out of their minority ownership.
It’s been said so many fecking times that the Glazers want to stay or aren’t 100% sure about selling. Options are a fairly standard financial instrument. A lot of people make a lot of money with them. It’s just really not as simple as “all of your money now or some later”.

This is going to ruin ETH summer plans to get a better squad isn't it? Bad feeling about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.