Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you're missing my point. I understand what you are saying but again, regardless of whether you give me the money right now or in 3 years, the point is the offer over 3 years is offering more money per share, than the money being offered right now
It’s not the that black and white though. Especially with it being so close in terms of the valuation. It’s a question of risk.

No, you're missing my point. I understand what you are saying but again, regardless of whether you give me the money right now or in 3 years, the point is the offer over 3 years is offering more money per share, than the money being offered right now
:lol:

How am I missing your point? I’ve specifically addressed the point the INEOS offer values the club higher. My post is explaining to you why that doesn’t matter.

So perhaps they should offer the same monetary share value of 130 but right now, SJ can afford it after all.
It’s more like £120 now and £130 in 3 years now which one would you take ?

It’s not the that black and white though. Especially with it being so close in terms of the valuation. It’s a question of risk.

Agreed. This notion that SJR will just pay hundreds of millions, at a premium price to the Glazers in 3 years time, no questions asked, is fanciful to me. They could be back to square 1 of negotiation except SJR would hold the upper hand -

I think they will be advised to take the money on offer now and walk away for good.

Expecting nothing new from the club this weekend, but a frenzy of contradictory speculation from all the journalists, YouTubers and Twitter people.
Exactly what is going to happen. Definitely no announcements. Probably no briefing either and the Journalists are all going to rush to be the first to assume that means it wasn’t accepted and INEOS are the last bidder standing.

I'm back and forth with myself on this

One part of be thinks that the Sheikh Jassim / Qatar bid is a bit fishy. Either it is genuinely private and he can't match Ineos's enterprise(?) valuation of the club. Or it was perhaps it's a bit of publicity to show they want a PL club, but to show they can walk away from greedy sellers.

But if I wasn't a United fan, i'd probably think "well obviously Qatar will win, they have a bottomless pit of money" and it just depends how much they want it

Another twist wouldn't surprise me. Hopefully not the worst one - Glazers staying as majority owners

:lol:

How am I missing your point? I’ve specifically addressed the point the INEOS offer values the club higher. My post is explaining to you why that doesn’t matter.
This has got way out of hand, the initial post from a different poster was saying that SJ's offers have never been lower than SJR's, "It never happened" and I basically said that objectively that was wrong. I wasn't disputing any of what you are saying

I'm back and forth with myself on this

One part of be thinks that the Sheikh Jassim / Qatar bid is a bit fishy. Either it is genuinely private and he can't match Ineos's enterprise(?) valuation of the club. Or it was perhaps it's a bit of publicity to show they want a PL club, but to show they can walk away from greedy sellers.

But if I wasn't a United fan, i'd probably think "well obviously Qatar will win, they have a bottomless pit of money" and it just depends how much they want it

Another twist wouldn't surprise me. Hopefully not the worst one - Glazers staying as majority owners
It’s not uncommon in business I believe to offer a higher valuation for a lower stake. If Ratcliffe was intent on buying 100% I don’t think he gets anywhere near Jassim.

So perhaps they should offer the same monetary share value of 130 but right now, SJ can afford it after all.
Staggering lack of basic financial knowledge. If you don't know what time value of money means, I'd suggest you either read up on it or at least don't appear to make an argument as if you know what you're talking about.

Also on the whole Glazers want to stay involved because they see potential and want their piece of it. How does being minority investors with no control and a guaranteed exit price help them with that?

If the value of the club does indeed shoot up with upcoming Tv deals and what not, it won’t mean anything to them unless they have something in place to cancel the options and stay on as investors. In which case it becomes more expensive for INEOS to get rid of them and they will no doubt start agitating for dividends.

Also on the whole Glazers want to stay involved because they see potential and want their piece of it. How does being minority investors with no control and a guaranteed exit price help them with that?

If the value of the club does indeed shoot up with upcoming Tv deals and what not, it won’t mean anything to them unless they have something in place to cancel the options and stay on as investors. In which case it becomes more expensive for INEOS to get rid of them and they will no doubt start agitating for dividends.
The biggest issue with this is that in no way shape or form is that even going to happen in the next 3 years anyway. The value of the club will not rise enough to make the gamble worthwhile.

Maybe it's a minimum guaranteed price?

Which makes one wonder, is it just the glazers trying to turn the current £120 offer to £140, by using the £130 future offer as leverage?

Maybe it's a minimum guaranteed price?
Pretty much. At any time prior to the expiration they will be able to sell the stock. If the value is higher at that time they sell with the higher value.

A new stadium, training ground and on field success would raise the value.
And INEOS are going to plough that capital into the club without issuing new shares and diluting the Glazers share?

Staggering lack of basic financial knowledge. If you don't know what time value of money means, I'd suggest you either read up on it or at least don't appear to make an argument as if you know what you're talking about.
Jesus christ, the initial post said that it was incorrect that SJ had valued the club lower than SJR at any point during the process and all I said was reports indicated that was incorrect, that's all. I'm not getting into arguments with people who have biases towards a specific party just because I disagreed with something and stated what has been reported.

Jesus christ, the initial post said that it was incorrect that SJ had valued the club lower than SJR at any point during the process and all I said was reports indicated that was incorrect, that's all. I'm not getting into arguments with people who have biases towards a specific party just because I disagreed with something and stated what has been reported.
There’s no point. It’s a circular argument with certain people ignoring key facts like Ratcliffe having an offer for 69% in addition to the 51% offer.

A stadium could be returned around in that time. As soon as a spade is in the ground or a planning application is accepted for a new stadium then it could add value. Training ground could be built in much less time.
Wouldn’t it be in INEOS interest financially to wait 3 years to fully buy the glazers out and then make those sort of investments. After all if they invested and significantly increased the value then that’s more cost to them to buy the Glazers out.

There’s no point. It’s a circular argument with certain people ignoring key facts like Ratcliffe having an offer for 69% in addition to the 51% offer.

How much is the 69% offer valuing the club at…

The PR issues Qatar would have if they fail would be to much for it to be acceptable IMO. They will win 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.