Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to ruin ETH summer plans to get a better squad isn't it? Bad feeling about it.

It's already too late for this summer. It's nine weeks until the new season starts. Most clubs are already signing players or in talks to sign players. I called it at the start of the week that if no announcement was made this week that the process would rumble on in to the start of next season.

SJ is a member of the royal family, Even the Emir will be aware of the current 92 Foundation bid and unlike the Glazers they are men of their word, if they say that they will allow Tampa Bucaneers to host games in Qatar in their newly built air conditioned Stadiums for the World Cup, there are enough Us EX pats and Military in the Middle East to make that a profitable option for all parties.

It's not how it works. Schedules and venues are decided by the NFL with the support of all the owners.

It's already too late for this summer. It's nine weeks until the new season starts. Most clubs are already signing players or in talks to sign players. I called it at the start of the week that if no announcement was made this week that the process would rumble on in to the start of next season.

Jesus I hope we don't end up losing manager

Most people don't know that it's the same "god" for the big 3 Abrahamic religions, including religious people, so god, allah are seen as different entities. This is relevant to the thread :wenger:

Even if people didn't know that the post makes no sense. Allah translates to God. It's like someone wondering why a french would pray to Dieu instead of God.

That’s no different to the original report.

In other words, that he’d no longer negotiate after Friday but that the offer would still stand.

Slight twist to what he said about hearing that INEOS were in negotiations but Qatar maybe not or something to that effect

Why are some folks reacting as if Jamie Jackson has reported anything new? All he said was the final bid will "remain live" even if the Glazers fail to respond by the deadline. Mike Keegan already said that. The whole point of this deadline was for negotiations on the current bid, not the validity of the bid. The Guardian must be trying to hit their quota of United takeover articles for the week.

The only meaningful bit I took from Jackson's article is mention that INEOS do not believe a deal is imminent.
Correct, it's not new information - just new information for Jackson that has been previously reported by others.

I'm back and forth with myself on this

One part of be thinks that the Sheikh Jassim / Qatar bid is a bit fishy. Either it is genuinely private and he can't match Ineos's enterprise(?) valuation of the club. Or it was perhaps it's a bit of publicity to show they want a PL club, but to show they can walk away from greedy sellers.

But if I wasn't a United fan, i'd probably think "well obviously Qatar will win, they have a bottomless pit of money" and it just depends how much they want it

Another twist wouldn't surprise me. Hopefully not the worst one - Glazers staying as majority owners
i think the bid is private because it includes some incentives for the Glazers to accept the bid. If that's publicly known it wouldn't reflect well on them and the fans might even turn on them so they've kept it private. I think making it a take it or leave it offer also puts the ball firmly in the Glazer's court as they made it clear the auction is now over - and it was only ever Sheikh Jassim who was going to pay them what they actually want anyway. I think the Glazers will just do the sums now and make a call based on which offer gives them more money overall. Hopefully they don't stay on - they care only about their own profits and nothing else.

That’s no different to the original report, i.e. that whilst he’d no longer negotiate after Friday, the offer would still stand.
Yeah I misread it and thought it said they were going to stay in contact.

i think the bid is private because it includes some incentives for the Glazers to accept the bid. If that's publicly known it wouldn't reflect well on them and the fans might even turn on them so they've kept it private. I think making it a take it or leave it offer also puts the ball firmly in the Glazer's court as they made it clear the auction is now over - and it was only ever Sheikh Jassim who was going to pay them what they actually want anyway. I think Glazers will just do the sums now and make a call based on which offer gives them more money overall. Hopefully they don't stay on - they care only about their own profits and nothing else.

So what do you think is the figure they actually want as many say it's not the £6bn reported

:lol: whatever else about how they'd actually run the club, they have looked really uninspiring from the outside and I really doubt they'd do as well as Abu Dhabi has for City. Been a bit of a joke so far.

We won’t hear any news much for a few weeks anyways I imagine.

Glazers are in zero rush to sell the club. They will buy us some players regardless in the meantime using credit and stick the bill onto the new ownership.

I can see it dragging on until the mid point of summer realistically.

They’ll try and get more bids out of Qatar even if the Shiek is playing hard ball currently. In a few weeks he might change his mind.

:lol: whatever else about how they'd actually run the club, they have looked really uninspiring from the outside and I really doubt they'd do as well as Abu Dhabi has for City. Been a bit of a joke so far.
Yeah, say what you will about Ratcliffe, by all accounts he has handled these negotiations far more shrewdly than Team Qatar thus far.

Even if people didn't know that the post makes no sense. Allah translates to God. It's like someone wondering why a french would pray to Dieu instead of God.
I'll put it in spoiler tags as it's irrelevant to the thread.
You literally just repeated why I said. A lot of people do not know that it is "god" but in different languages. In my language it's "Dumnezeu", sound nothing like god does it :lol: I should put this in spoiler tags. Allah is the god of the muslims is believed I think by more then 90% of people. Feck all religion awareness is done by most countries in school so a different sounding name is a different entity. A subject for the religion thread probably.

I don't really get this because we know nothing. There is no way for any of us to judge anything regarding how either party have actually managed things during this sale.

So what do you think is the figure they actually want as many say it's not the £6bn reported
I think they hoped there would be a bidding war that could potentially drive the price higher, but since that's not the case, they'd probably take the reported amount if it was actually on offer and they'd want it up front.

I personally think SJR has played his cards right with the offer to let them stay on in the board - it opens up the possibility for more dividends for the two Glazers who are interested and as such it's probably a tempting offer if they don't get the sum they want from Shiekh Jassim.

Glazers making Jassim look like a wuss ..

Would be nice if this thread was locked and only updated when there was some official word..

there really is nothing to discuss here. We are just waiting for the Glazers to make their decision.

It's not how it works. Schedules and venues are decided by the NFL with the support of all the owners.
I’m talking about pre season friendlies plus you forget to remember that The Glazers now own an IPL team as well and the Middle East is one of the fastest growing areas for cricket, will not be long before SA or Qatar rival the IPL!

I know which one of the two parties I would rather piss off by turning down.
should I wish to engage in future business opportunities Qatar are offer far more.

There so much more going on with so many NDA’s I think it’s still very much a 55/45 deal with SJR have a marginal edge.

I'll put it in spoiler tags as it's irrelevant to the thread.
You literally just repeated why I said. A lot of people do not know that it is "god" but in different languages. In my language it's "Dumnezeu", sound nothing like god does it :lol: I should put this in spoiler tags. Allah is the god of the muslims is believed I think by more then 90% of people. Feck all religion awareness is done by most countries in school so a different sounding name is a different entity. A subject for the religion thread probably.

I didn't repeat what you said, we said two different things. And both of these things are the reason why I was confused by the post that I quoted.

I don't really get this because we know nothing. There is no way for any of us to judge anything regarding how either party have actually managed things during this sale.
Having 3 rounds of bids, being told "give me your best offer" and then offering 2 bids afterwards just getting close to what the other offer was doesn't look great. And then this latest report is likely just a confusion in the reporting, but still kind of funny to have "last offer, deadline Friday" and then "just kidding, I'm down if you're down".

It probably means nothing to how they would do. But it does look not great or entirely competent from the outside. Possibly losing a battle where the sellers only care about 1 thing, and that 1 thing being the thing that you have more of than pretty much anybody else, is also pretty incompetent (or they just didn't want to own us that badly, which also says a lot IMO).

I’m talking about pre season friendlies plus you forget to remember that The Glazers now own an IPL team as well abs the Middle East is one of the fastest growing areas for cricket, will not be long before SA or Qatar rival the IPL!

I know who I would rather piss of by turning them down out of both parties should I wish to engage in future business opportunities.

Which friendlies are you talking about and why would I forget to remember something that wasn't in the topic?

Having 3 rounds of bids, being told "give me your best offer" and then offering 2 bids afterwards just getting close to what the other offer was doesn't look great. And then this latest report is likely just a confusion in the reporting, but still kind of funny to have "last offer, deadline Friday" and then "just kidding, I'm down if you're down".

It probably means nothing to how they would do. But it does look not great or entirely competent from the outside. Possibly losing a battle where the sellers only care about 1 thing, and that 1 thing being the thing that you have more of than pretty much anybody else, is also pretty incompetent (or they just didn't want to own us that badly, which also says a lot IMO).
If anything it shows they’re the most flexible and the Glazers just need to get them into an exclusivity period so they can put the money up and get it done.

If Qatar was desperate to buy us they would just pay a bit over the top and get it done, right? As they clearly got the a lot more money than Jim?

I didn't repeat what you said, we said two different things. And both of these things are the reason why I was confused by the post that I quoted.
Ok then maybe we should continue this in a religion thread because I can already feel Golden Blunder starting to move his anger from Lindelof to our off topic discussion.

If anything it shows they’re the most flexible and the Glazers just need to get them into an exclusivity period so they can put the money up and get it done.
I really struggle to see how Sheikh Jassim could be viewed as the "most flexible" party in these negotiations. Ratcliffe has, as per multiple reports, offered a number of options to the Glazers which involve them retaining some shares in the club should they wish to.

We might not like the idea of the Glazers retaining shares in the club but purely from the perspective of a prospective buyer, I think it's hard to argue that it wasn't a shrewd move.

Id say it shows that they didn't bother listening or taking the normal bidding process seriously. You can't have a bidding process where one person makes the bid and the other waits then says "yeah me too... Add $1 to their bid". Not really how it works?

If Qatar was desperate to buy us they would just pay a bit over the top and get it done, right? As they clearly got the a lot more money than Jim?
That’s not at all clear. It’s said they aren’t a state backed bid, I’m not sure we even know publicly where the money is coming from. Jassim himself is said to be worth $1.2b which is a fair bit less than Ratcliffe.

Ok then maybe we should continue this in a religion thread because I can already feel Golden Blunder starting to move his anger from Lindelof to our off topic discussion.

Everything has been said.

For a little context, City was bought for $265m.

Jassim has laid down an offer here of $6.5b… for an asset that needs a billion of investment.

Sometimes I’m not sure people are even really grasping how big an offer that is.

It’s an insane amount of money that any other owner would take immediately. The hold up is due to the Glazers’ almost comical greed and ineptitude.

I really struggle to see how Sheikh Jassim could be viewed as the "most flexible" party in these negotiations. Ratcliffe has, as per multiple reports, offered a number of options to the Glazers which involve them retaining some shares in the club should they wish to.

We might not like the idea of the Glazers retaining shares in the club but purely from the perspective of a prospective buyer, I think it's hard to argue that it wasn't a shrewd move.

Jassim is clearly the most flexible because he can walk away and continue to negotiate at the same time. That takes some doing. Like patting your head and rubbing your tummy.

I expected this to go on for a long time into next season and the Glazers will just increase the debt and back ETH this summer somewhat well. Will be a surprise if this gets wrapped up very soon.

It's a huge sale and the surrounding area, every little thing has the be accounted for. Even houses can take 6 months due to searches and differences in opinion.

Give over he's had nice nearly 4 years and only 12 months ago people were clammering to ride the SJR train... Only since Qatar showed up did people get all giddy.

12 months people wanted Elon Musk as well…he’s done a terrible job at Nice and nobody not even his biggest supporters can defend that

Mind blowing that people want him anywhere near the club in all honesty he’s Glazer#2 and you can see it a mile away

That’s not at all clear. It’s said they aren’t a state backed bid, I’m not sure we even know publicly where the money is coming from. Jassim himself is said to be worth $1.2b which is a fair bit less than Ratcliffe.
Oh, maybe it was too good to be true from what I wanted then. The ideal would be clear the debt, fix stadium and facilities and get United a squad the club deserves.

Jassim has laid down an offer here of $6.5b… for an asset that needs a billion of investment.

Sometimes I’m not sure people are even really grasping how big an offer that is.

It’s an insane amount of money that any other owner would take immediately. The hold up is due to the Glazers’ almost comical greed and ineptitude.
$1b of that number is the investment.

Glazers making Jassim look like a wuss ..

Would be nice if this thread was locked and only updated when there was some official word..

there really is nothing to discuss here. We are just waiting for the Glazers to make their decision.

Yeah maybe we should lock it as nothing happening today which most of us expected

There is also a hold up because there is another bidder involved, who is offering a different package which according to some reports is viewed as quite attractive by the Glazers.

Status
Not open for further replies.