Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. I think it's fair to assume he doesn't believe reducing our debt to nil is a particularly sensible thing to prioritise, which more business minded people than me seem to agree with.
Paying the debt off is sort of important symbolically rather than financial necessity.

So today is the day we will have only one bidder remaining in this race.

So today is the day we will have only one bidder remaining in this race.
Until we hear reports that the Glazers are still mulling over their options and have no preferred bidder.

It was stated that the SJ offer will still stand, even if he won't engage in further discussions/negotiations beyond today.

It was on a podcast

Aye, it is quite telling he won't put it upon his personal Twitter page, though.

As though such conjecture is acceptable for a podcast, to be chosen for a hopeful Twitter Fanpage, but Jacobs will not be putting it onto his home page where a guess about James Maddison gets precedence.

Doesn't get us anywhere, really.

(Think Qatar will ultimately win, btw.)

The big thing to understand is that the Glazers have absolutely no interest in Man Utd whatsoever as a football club. They use the club as an investment vehicle with no emotional attachment.

if they can bleed more money and it fc*ks the clubs transfer opportunities for next season, they do not give a fig. If their intention is to remain with part of the ownership, it’s not that they actually want to oversee any club activity, it’s purely to see if there is more money to drain at possibly a better share price later. They are the equivalent of what was called asset strippers, just have been able to draw dividends from an almost free vehicle which basically was used to fund income, thanks to the evil muppet Woodward.

so we have to get used to terrible timing and management under these awful American shopping centre owners.

it's a shit choice between a brexit cheerleading arsehole and a filthy petro-regime. it's only that the qataris want to remove the glazers completely that makes their bid slightly more palatable, but only in the sense that a snail might be more palatable than a slug.
so when do we expect to know if sheikh yabouti pulled his bid or not?

I'm thinking if its Qatar, the bid would have been accepted already. SJR's proposal of just buying the leeches out probably makes the process more complicated and takes longer?????, Maybe thats why its all taking so long? Personally I think Qatar would be the better owners.

Aye, it is quite telling he won't put it upon his personal Twitter page, though.

As though such conjecture is acceptable for a podcast, to be chosen for a hopeful Twitter Fanpage, but Jacobs will not be putting it onto his home page where a guess about James Maddison gets precedence.

Doesn't get us anywhere, really.

(Think Qatar will ultimately win, btw.)
He might put a tweet out. He tends to do big threads so maybe just not had to time to write it all out yet.

it's a shit choice between a brexit cheerleading arsehole and a filthy petro-regime. it's only that the qataris want to remove the glazers completely that makes their bid slightly more palatable, but only in the sense that a snail might be more palatable than a slug.
so when do we expect to know if sheikh yabouti pulled his bid or not?
"Mail Sport understands the Sheikh has also told those involved that he will engage up until Friday. After then, the bid will stand, but there will be no further negotiations."

yeah that’s true. The Qatar offer in terms of the Glazers perspective would be very quick and clean.
Nope, will definitely be held up. It will also definitely go through but when?

Last edited:
Nope. Qatari bid still stands after today they just won't be an active part of the process unless their bid is accepted
Until we hear reports that the Glazers are still mulling over their options and have no preferred bidder.

It was stated that the SJ offer will still stand, even if he won't engage in further discussions/negotiations beyond today.

As per reports, it's already lower bid than SJR and going by other reports SJ won't negotiate, it's a final take or leave offer. So adding all that up, he should be out of the contention.

Glazers won't accept lesser bid.

As per reports, it's already lower bid than SJR and going by other reports SJ won't negotiate, it's a final take or leave offer. So adding all that up, he should be out of the contention.

Glazers won't accept lesser bid.
They haven’t said no more negotiations. They said we will negotiate if they engage with them before Friday. After that there will be no more.

Qatar clearing the debt and completely removing the glazers is my preference. Our debt is costing us millions every year to service, plus the glazers still take their dividends. It must honestly be 70 million plus that leaves the club every season on debt interest payments and dividends alone, and that doesn't include even paying down the debt!

Imagine United no dividends, no debt repayment and no debt interest. Qatar won't even need to sugar daddy us after that, just let us run on our own merits debt free and we are laughing.

Qatar clearing the debt and completely removing the glazers is my preference. Our debt is costing us millions every year to service, plus the glazers still take their dividends. It must honestly be 70 million plus that leaves the club every season on debt interest payments and dividends alone, and that doesn't include even paying down the debt!

Imagine United no dividends, no debt repayment and no debt interest. Qatar won't even need to sugar daddy us after that, just let us run on our own merits debt free and we are laughing.
I don’t think they’d be entitled to dividends under Ratcliffe either tbh

It’s on boys

Oh God, make it a good Friday
For us and those we love in you
An expiation for sins, a light for livelihood
Full of reward, happiness
May you be well and may your gathering be well

Thank you for the explination. In your view, what Impact will Ronaldo leaving have on 'The Books' obviously a big wage gone but also a loss in revenue from shirt sales etc. Do we benefit from Ronaldo leaving (salary) or does it harm us?
We benefit hugely from him leaving, his contract would have been £25m on our wages this year for a player that has clearly lost a couple of yards of pace and shirt sales were in decline last season. The club right now are better betting on a young superstar like Garnaucho who will cost maybe £3-4m in wages and probably if he hits double figures this year his shirt sales have a double whammy opportunity, we could give him the number 7 after Xmas if no marquee signing like Neymar is made. The New FSP rules means that clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal, United and Spurs will be much tighter and sensible with new contracts.

Newcastle , City , PSG will still be doing the ambassadors payment deal in the Middle East where the player gets paid the same over there as they do in the Uk, so impossible to compete with true superstars like Mbappe, Haaland, V Oshimen etc.

Paying the debt off is sort of important symbolically rather than financial necessity.
It’s much more important this year and next year than it was last year, FSP is real and now in play from this season.

They haven’t said no more negotiations. They said we will negotiate if they engage with them before Friday. After that there will be no more.

Yes, that's why I said after today there will be one bidder. We know for sure Glazers won't engage them today.

All things are pointing in only one direction, SJR. I hope he is a capable owner. Read some not so nice things about him at Nice, so just have to hope he learnt his lessons from that.

Yes, that's why I said after today there will be one bidder. We know for sure Glazers won't engage them today.

All things are pointing in only one direction, SJR. I hope he is a capable owner. Read some not so nice things about him at Nice, so just have to hope he learnt his lessons from that.
Must have missed this news

Status
Not open for further replies.