Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In many Spanish/Hispanic cultures, their version of the tooth fairy is a rat named El Ratoncito Perez.

So as we extract 4 rotten Glazer teeth, El Ratoncito Cliffe will bring United gifts, with the biggest gift to come when we lose the last two rotten teeth.

I still think if the plan of the Qatari bid is to pump major money in to us then they will be willing to offer what's required to see off the INEOS bid.

If they don't, they probably weren't really planning to commit the kinda money in to the club that we were led to believe.

I still think if the plan of the Qatari bid is to pump major money in to us then they will be willing to offer what's required to see off the INEOS bid.

If they don't, they probably weren't really planning to commit the kinda money in to the club that we were led to believe.
Yes I agree. If Ratcliffe takes over then Qatar probably weren't really serious.

Can we stop calling Sir Jim “Rat” please. Google are threatening us with action. Those who do will be banned.
The Ratcliffe family lived in Lancashire at Radcliffe. The name of this place translates as red cliff,from its Saxon origin and indicates that originally the town was distinguished by its proximity to such a landmark on the east side of Irwell. So technically we are calling him Jim the RED

Exactly this. If they're supposed to be so committed to funneling in billions, debt-free, into the club then outbidding INEOS shouldn't be difficult.

The latest Express article that @Berbaclass posted starts off by saying "At the current moment in time, Sir Jim Ratcliffe is leading the charge to be the next owner of Manchester United."

1 day earlier, they published a different article with this opening paragraph: "EXCLUSIVE: Sheikh Jassim's Qatari bid to complete a Manchester United takeover has been touted as the Glazers' preferred option over Sir Jim Ratcliffe and INEOS."

Shameless.

Right but that's not how the Glazers are looking at it is it.

Glazers POV
More money for us vs Less money for us

If Jassim loses out to SJR he only has himself to blame for not offering the amount of money from his deep pockets to turn the heads of the Glazers. That isn't Ratcliffe's fault.

I'm not sure what people aren't understanding in this thread, if Ratcliffe wins it's because Jassim's offer just wasn't enough, but people are expecting the Glazers should take Jassim's offer even if it's lower than Ratcliffe's, just because it might be better for the club. They don't care.
Yeah, but I'm discussing the fact that people are saying that we're selling our souls or need to have a serious look at our morals/ethics if we feel Jassim will be better for the club than Jim will. My post isn't anything to do with what the Glazers prefer or what will actually happen.

I think fan protests and petitions would work more on Jim more than Jassim. So let's see how all this pans out. If we are not happy with Jim, we can certainly put pressure on him. If the Glazers are minority shareholders and Jim holds all the cards, they would have no say anyway.

At this point I don't care if its Sir Jim or Jassim. The main aim is to get the club out of the Glazers hands. I'm sure Jim would do his best to bring the club back upto its former glory days again.

I think fan protests and petitions would work more on Jim more than Jassim. So let's see how all this pans out. If we are not happy with Jim, we can certainly put pressure on him. If the Glazers are minority shareholders and Jim holds all the cards, they would have no say anyway.

What kind of fanbase pushes out their horrible owners after 18 years and then starts protesting the new one immediately, because it's not the one the majority wanted? :lol:

What kind of fanbase pushes out their horrible owners after 18 years and then starts protesting the new one immediately, because it's not the one the majority wanted? :lol:
I don't think the poster means immediately. More like in a few years time if Jim turns out as negligent as the Glazers.

The Ratcliffe family lived in Lancashire at Radcliffe. The name of this place translates as red cliff,from its Saxon origin and indicates that originally the town was distinguished by its proximity to such a landmark on the east side of Irwell. So technically we are calling him Jim the RED
I used to live there, Radeclive is really where the name derives from, that's how it's labled in the Domesday book

The qatari lives in qatar.
Sir Jimmy is a proper british lad.

Thats all we know that we can be sure about. The rest are just noises and the divide between itk and journos is a proof they are getting paid to be mouthpiece. Just end this thing before the next season starts. Please we dont need distractions.

Not the ownership of the club itself, but I do think that whoever wins the bid, the fanbase should be protesting the policies and behavior of the owners, whether it be the human rights abuses in Qatar or the environmental abuses of Ineos. Counter their attempts to sportswash/greenwash. Bring attention and pressure on the bad things that they do.

Not the ownership of the club itself, but I do think that whoever wins the bid, the fanbase should be protesting the policies and behavior of the owners, whether it be the human rights abuses in Qatar or the environmental abuses of Ineos. Counter their attempts to sportswash/greenwash. Bring attention and pressure on the bad things that they do.

Yes, these are things I also agree with. I'm pro-Ratcliffe, but that's because the other option is just one of my biggest football nightmares: United becoming a state-owned oil club.

However, I can already see a lot of people whining about how a full sale didn't happen. Protesting against Ineos because of that from day 1 would be really entitled and idiotic from the fanbase. 6 months ago most fans would've given their right arm for that scenario.

You don’t get it do you. People will protest just like the match day protest the other day because they want the Glazers out and they want the club to be debt free.

Trust me most fans would not have given their right arm to have the Glazers kept on in any capacity.

If SJR takes over in the way that has been suggested the fan base will never accept him, never.

I would gladly accept SJR if he decided to buy the club outright, get rid of the existing debt and be a competent owner.

But at the moment that looks unlikely as he obviously can’t read the room in terms of what the fan base wants

Last edited:
The problem I have with Jimmy is the club will still be in debt and how long will it take for it to be paid off while also buying the players we need, updating the conditions of both grounds?

Qatar should of just offered 5.5 to 6 bill and get it it over with. Deal would of been done already. Id rather them offer 6 bill then take more time in updating everything and getting the players we need.

However, I can already see a lot of people whining about how a full sale didn't happen. Protesting against Ineos because of that from day 1 would be really entitled and idiotic from the fanbase. 6 months ago most fans would've given their right arm for that scenario.

You don’t get it do you. People will protest just like the match day protest the other day because they want the Glazers out and they want the club to be debt free.

Trust me most fans would not have given their right arm to have the Glazers kept on in any capacity.

If SJR takes over in the way that has been suggested the fan base will never accept him, never.

I would gladly accept SJR if he decided to buy the club outright, get rid of the existing debt and be a competent owner.

But at the moment that looks unlikely as he obviously can’t read the room in terms of what the fan base wants
So would we have given our right arm or not?

So would we have given our right arm or not?

sorry my man not very good at this don’t post often

the first paragraph was from a post from @rogofiam which I was replying to

Last edited:

No, they wouldn't The fans have asked for a full sale and the Glazers to leave for years. Neither of those are going to happen if SJR is the winner.

No, they wouldn't The fans have asked for a full sale and the Glazers to leave for years. Neither of those are going to happen if SJR is the winner.

I agree with you totally I have edited the original post it was supposed to have a quote form rojofiam in it
The glazers have to go
You get rid of cancer by completely cutting it out
Otherwise it has a chance to come back

I don't think the poster means immediately. More like in a few years time if Jim turns out as negligent as the Glazers.

The douches in here are baying for blood now and it's not even confirmed.

It's like pre-school what with all the name calling and crying going on.

Majority here deserve Glazers.

Not my fault that you are incapable (or just don't want to) of understanding that the Glazers lose all control over the club even with the 50.1%+ offer from Ineos.

Like playing chess with a pigeon.

I agree with you totally I have edited the original post it was supposed to have a quote form rojofiam in it
The glazers have to go
You get rid of cancer by completely cutting it out
Otherwise it has a chance to come back

Actually you get rid of cancer most of the time using chemotherapy which works on slowing the growth and damaging the cells, it takes time... So not only is your example wrong but it's also in poor taste.

INEOS will not be taking over the club to allow Glazers a say, that is that.

Get over it.

There is something called a quorum in the articles and memorandum of a company. It requires , I believe, 75%, of voting rights. It allows a company's structure to be changed, someone else may know more. In a nutshell Ineos will also rely on the Glazers until they can be kicked out.

I think the next exclusive story will be that Qatar has been selected. Just think about it. 1. They will pay the most for the club. 2. They will give the Glazers investment options. 3. They will not take the embarrassment to lose out.

Definitely feels like the British media are going with Ratcliffe as preferred bidder whereas understandably Qatar are going with Jassim

Sir Jimmy kind of look like a hobo... when i become rich I want to look like a hobo too.

Ah well the Qatar bid never had a chance once Ratcliffe got into bed with those leeches. Just when we thought the pain of these last 18 years might be ending.

I naively thought Jassim would do whatever it took in order to win this race,honestly didn't think Qatar would want to suffer the humiliation of losing to Ratcliffe but sadly I was wrong.

Last edited:
Ah well the Qatar bid never had a chance once Ratcliffe got into bed with those leeches. Just when we thought the pain of these last 18 years might be ending
Its the only way he can win if he is up against someone who will always outbid him.

Status
Not open for further replies.