Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if Ratcliffe's bid offered more per share then surely news of that bid being rumoured to be successful would have opposite effect
That has no effect on the public stock price. Ineos and Qatar are both offering the Glazers more than double what the NYSE share price is. But if Qatar wins, they'll move to buy out the other 31%. So there is the thought that that people would try to buy the stock before that happens which would raise the NYSE price. But Qatar would never pay the price per share for the public shares that they're offering the Glazers. At least not unless the stock more than doubles before then.

Those shares are irrelevant. They hold no value. They are actually just a waste of money to buy.

Why does Qatar want them then?

And if they're irrelevant and have no value, why would he buy them slowly over a few years?

Last edited:
That rich he can't afford to buy 100% of the club and even then he's getting in debt to do it.
Abu Dhabi/Saudi only own 80% of City/Newcastle, so it's not about owning 100%. Control is the key.

Ineos have debt in all sorts of investments. That's how business work. They just made a 1.4bn investment buying a US oil company. I doubt they had cash in the bank to make that purchase.
Usually in a big growing business you get a better return by borrowing money as you can make a bigger return in that investment, rather than having it sat in a bank doing nothing while you save up.

Only silverware he’s ever won was at City.
It’s not even the money spent on transfers, they spent that much and built a brand spanking new training ground facility and many millions on upgrading the Etihad already never mind the 350m it plans to spend on further upgrades in the near future. Facts are we shouldn’t have spent the money we did. We ignored the bills at home to spend our wages at the weekend and we have suffered for it because the bills that should have been paid have now piled up.
City Don’t have that problem and never will. Plus the 100 odd charges of financial fraud they committed along the way
Yeah, I agree with all that. Still think he did well there, though.

Abu Dhabi/Saudi only own 80% of City/Newcastle, so it's not about owning 100%. Control is the key.

Ineos have debt in all sorts of investments. That's how business work. They just made a 1.4bn investment buying a US oil company. I doubt they had cash in the bank to make that purchase.
Usually in a big growing business you get a better return by borrowing money as you can make a bigger return in that investment, rather than having it sat in a bank doing nothing while you save up.
You're missing the point. The City/Newcastle owners wouldn't have paid 5 billion for those respective clubs

Come on already! Announce it!
6275dcbcfbca3a252ef31edcd1bd1203.gif

[/QUOTE]

See that is what I still can’t get my head around I understand borrowing money so you can make a bigger return on that investment

What return are Ineos going to make on borrowing 3 billion to buy the 51% to take control of the club and then where is the money going to come from to buy Avram and Joel out potentially another 1.5 billions.

How or why would Ineos be paying back that debt, it makes no sense and before you say because he loves the club, which he may well do

if it really is a vanity purchase then why doesn’t he just buy it cash

Last edited:
this needs to get sorted out. More important than top 4 or fa cup. Everything needs revamping and zero shot of that happening with glazers.

I don't think many people or States are paying £5bn outright for anything if I am honest.
Becasue they are unable to yeah. Ratcliffe is no different, he's a high net worth individual but most of it is tied up in INEOS. He doesn't have 5 billion to buy the club outright or outbid Qatar that way. He has arranged finance to potentially pay ~£2.5 billion for the 51%

. Surely they just move on rumours? Otherwise it'd indicate inside trading, or am I missing something?

Yeah it's speculative but a decrease in share price means "investors" (punters) are concerned that the INEOS bid is the front runner which means they don't stand to make any money from selling shares at say $20 each to Qatar so they are selling now before the price goes down even more.

Yeah it's speculative but a decrease in share price means "investors" (punters) are concerned that the INEOS bid is the front runner which means they don't stand to make any money from selling shares at say $20 each to Qatar so they are selling now before the price goes down even more.
The price will go down at some point anyway, it's currently inflated by $5-6

Abu Dhabi originally did.

Saudi bought Newcastle and as part of the deal that lady got a piece for making it happen. Very clever to take shares and not cash

Hey all, first time poster in here, so go easy.

I may know where the latest Ratcliffe/Sun report rumours are coming from. A few days ago, John Murtough and his friends were in the Builders Arms pub in Knutsford. This is true as someone I know had a photo with him. Anyway, they were quite chatty with the locals, and apparently, Murtoughs mate was telling them it would be Ratcliffe who would be the preferred bidder. Qatar's bid won't be accepted as two Glazers didn't want to sell. He also said that top management from Arnold down have been told they may have to keep an eye out for new jobs.

What I was told a few days ago is virtually identical to the info in last night's sun report. The person I know believes journalists contacted some in the pub, but that's just what he believes.
Hey everybody, an ITK is talking.

So nothing substantial yet but a lot of posts assuming there's a lead.
Standard stuff

Even if this guy had genuine links it’s coming from the INEOS camp. Same as if you probably heard anything from the Qatar side they are confident. The only leaks no one seem to be getting is anything from the Glazers!

Status
Not open for further replies.