Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, striker who is wanted around Europe, will choose to be a sub for Harry Kane next few years.
Sure, Ramos will pick a club as his next destination that's just signed Harry Kane.

Yeah, tell that same reasoning to Chelsea and City who has quality players stacked in all positions. Tell that to Liverpool who has 6 quality players for front 3 positions. I am not going to bring PSG or Real into this.

Point being , we need a squad and it all depends on how we sell our project to the players.

Yeah, tell that same reasoning to Chelsea and City who has quality players stacked in all positions. Tell that to Liverpool who has 6 quality players for front 3 positions. I am not going to bring PSG or Real into this.

Point being , we need a squad and it all depends on how we sell our project to the players.

Yeah exactly

I don't think these are good examples. No club will buy one of the best strikers in the world in his prime, while also buying one of the hottest prospects around that's 21 and looking for his big move both in the same summer. It's as if Barca decided to buy both Lewandowski and Nunez last summer.

Pep and all the rest of the footballing organisation.

Net spend over the last 5 years

1) Chelsea: £-654.21m
22/23: £-480.38m
21/22: £5.79m (3rd)
20/21: £-166.86m (4th)
19/20: £98.57m (4th)
18/19: £-110.23m (3rd)

2) Manchester United: £-540.23m
22/23: £-203.26m
21/22: £-99.5m (6th)
20/21: £-56.45m (2nd)
19/20: £-134.87m (3rd)
18/19: £-45.8m (6th)

3) Arsenal: £-485.64m
22/23: £-148.94m
21/22: £-120m (5th)
20/21: £-59m (8th)
19/20: £-94.58m (8th)
18/19: £-62.71m (5th)

4) West Ham: £-356.5m
22/23: £-152.21m
21/22: £-62.02m (7th)
20/21: £-8.2m (6th)
19/20: £-56.77m (16th)
18/19: £-76.91m (10th)

5) Newcastle: £-351.89m
22/23: £-161.74m
21/22: £-115.19m (11th)
20/21: £-34.18m (12th)
19/20: £-32.89m (13th)
18/19: £-7.68m (13th)

6) Tottenham: £-332.48m
22/23: £-122.95m
21/22: £-54.09m (4th)
20/21: £-85.79m (7th)
19/20: £-74.14m (6th)
18/19: £4.72m (4th)

7) Wolves: £-276.55m

22/23: £-103.15m
21/22: £-5.09m (10th)
20/21: £-7.37m (13th)
19/20: £-81.3m (7th)
18/19: £-78.53m (7th)

8) Aston Villa: £-271.24m
22/23: £-40.73m
21/22: £-2.47m (14th)
20/21: £-87.01m (11th)
19/20: £-138.13m (17th)
18/19: £-2.6m (5th in Championship)

9) Liverpool: £-254.19m
22/23: £-49.7m
21/22: £-50.44m (2nd)
20/21: £-58.7m (3rd)
19/20: £29.94m (Champions)
18/19: £-123.7m (2nd)

10) Manchester City: £-224.97m
22/23: £8.3m

21/22: £-39.81m (Champions)
20/21: £-96.56m (Champions)
19/20: £-78.13m (2nd)
18/19: £-18.54m (Champions)

We've spent well over twice as much as Manchester City yet people still think we'll pass them out if only we spent a bit more money...

Most misleading post ever!. Man City 10th in net spend?. This would be after they have completed a title winning team.

Just include two seasons before (when pep 1st started out) and ignore this season (where teams like Chelsea arere-building) you will have an entirely different figure, a more accurate reflection of the current standings. Only Klopp would be the stand-out (Potter and Rodgers pumped above their weight).

But I agree with the point, that money alone wont be enough, a good structure and a good manager is an absolute must - point in case us. (We got penalized due to lack managerial stability and kept changing the squad to suit different styles. Absolutely clueless board)

City at one point had Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli as strikers in their first team squad. Just saying.

Please dont ban me for this...... :

(Verse 1) Yo, listen up, I got a tale to tell,
About Manchester United and two owners so swell,
In a life-or-death game, the stakes are high,
Gotta pick between Radcliffe and Sheik Jassim, oh my!

(Chorus) Radcliffe, a titan with a treasure chest of gold,
Financial stability, his story's often told,
Sheik Jassim, from Qatar's royal clan,
Experience in sports, a part of his grand plan.

(Verse 2) Radcliffe's got the cash,
he's a business tycoon, Ineos founder,
he'll make United swoon,
But Sheik Jassim, he's got that royal touch,
Qatar's involvement, it might mean so much!

(Chorus) Radcliffe's got the wealth, a mountain of dough,
Sheik Jassim, a sports master, don't you know,
Both have their merits, it's a tough call to make,
Who'll lead United to glory, for goodness sake?

(Bridge) In this rap game, decisions ain't easy,
Analyzing the options, it can make you queasy,
But remember, my friend, it's more than just the dough,
The club's values and vision, let that knowledge flow.

(Verse 3) So, as I wrap up this rhyme, here's the final say,
Choosing the better owner, it's not child's play,
Consider the facts, but keep an open mind,
For United's future, the right choice we must find!

(Chorus) Radcliffe or Sheik Jassim, who'll take the lead,
United's destiny, their actions will feed,
In this rap battle of ownership might,
Let's hope for a decision that makes everything right!

please don't ban me.

:lol: Sweet lord...I wish I never refreshed the page.

The most important person when it comes to Man City is their owner Sheikh Mansour, without a doubt. And hence City are successful at all levels of the club, which includes their academy. And when you don't sell fringe players and keep them at the club for too long, like Judge,Woodward and previous managers did, then your net spend isn't going to look good in comparison to City, with undeserved contracts also compounding matters.

Guardiola is a world class head coach but he can be beaten, like Klopp has shown at Liverpool. But Klopp has been hamstrung in comparison due to FSG not being able to go that extra mile compared to Sheikh Mansour and hence City are on course to win their 5th title in 6 years. Replace Guardiola with Luis Enrique or Tuchel, and they'd still be winning titles due to Sheikh Mansour. City won titles with Mancini and Pellegrini and they've been dominant at youth level with Jason Wilcox running the academy.

People say that City's success doesn't mean anything due to the wealth of their owner but then we also have to acknowledge that Guardiola's success at City doesn't mean anything due to the financial doping that's taken place and given them a advantage.

I didn't say it was. You said it wasn't abnormal for clubs to have debt. I pointed out that before the Glazers, United didn't. That's all.
Not sure how relevant that is given it was almost 20 years ago. The game has changed a lot since then.

I just want this to be over and finished already, do everything with United have to be a fecking saga stretched over months and months?!

While FFP allows us to spend around 100 mil overall :lol:

Except spending is amortised so 100million on a 5 year contract would only count as 20 million in this years accounts, like how Chelsea managed to spend 600m this year

No, not really. The two clubs haven't improved, but they aren't worse off either. And I'm tired of this "Ratcliffe got Lausanne relegated" and similar stuff.
You are right, but people don’t want to hear it. It’s low hanging fruit for those who want to discredit sir Jim as if he is personally responsible for both club decision making.
It’s nonsensical. You’re banging your head against a brick wall here.

The problem with the Ratcliffe bid is the opportunity cost lost. It just got me thinking that its possible the Sheikh might consider a cheaper bid for Liverpool instead if he misses out here. Stranger things have happened. And that would be worst case scenario. In fact, for us it doesn't really matter who we get as we are an absolute money making brand. Pool needs the Sheikhs more. Imagine Sir Ratcliffe loses out to the Sheikh, he is not going to bid for Pool (he has said so himself) and even if he does, its not limitless cash flow which is what Pool desperately needs. It is for this reason, I feel the Sheikh's should win the bid.

It has but I'm willing to bet that if the Glazers hadn't loaded all that debt on the club, we'd still be solvent in 2023.

We are solvent, as in able to meet our debt obligations. Things may be a bit tight but we have not crossed into insolvency.

Most misleading post ever!. Man City 10th in net spend?. This would be after they have completed a title winning team.

Just include two seasons before (when pep 1st started out) and ignore this season (where teams like Chelsea arere-building) you will have an entirely different figure, a more accurate reflection of the current standings. Only Klopp would be the stand-out (Potter and Rodgers pumped above their weight).

But I agree with the point, that money alone wont be enough, a good structure and a good manager is an absolute must - point in case us. (We got penalized due to lack managerial stability and kept changing the squad to suit different styles. Absolutely clueless board)

Why stop at including two seasons before?

Go back 10 years and ours is at -1180.96m and City is on -984.42m

Get a feeling that Thursdays going to be a good day, no barkin' from the dog, no smog
And momma cookin a breakfast with no hog!
Underrated rap reference. Didn't expect that :lol:
Best post of the thread.

And I’m yelling domino

Sold by the big fat Avi
Please choose Qatar
So we can employ Xavi

But Sir Jimmy bids deep…
So deep… so deep put Jassim to sleep

‘Preferred bidder’ from round one
They didn’t hesitate to call Sir Jim the Top Gun

Sellin’ up the club cuz they wrecked it
Jassim looks inbred - while Sir Jim supports Brexit

Joel was glad that everything had worked out
fecked a great club up - and then chirped out

Today was like one of Avi’s fly dreams
Didn’t even buy a dud player for high fees!

No angry Mancs lookin’ for a Glazer,
Rippin’ off the fans for a fat wager

Even read the news and we made the cut,
and it read - ‘Glazers Stay Put!’

Rich as Hell but not sellin’ up
Halfway bald but my ponytail’s gelling up

Today we sold to Sir Jim so me and Joel can stay…
I gotta say it was a good day… shit.

As of lunch today :lol:
Next update as of teatime/dinner/sunset …

Nothing by lunch but what about afternoon tea?

Surely by second breakfast tomorrow we wil know.

The problem with the Ratcliffe bid is the opportunity cost lost. It just got me thinking that its possible the Sheikh might consider a cheaper bid for Liverpool instead if he misses out here. Stranger things have happened. And that would be worst case scenario. In fact, for us it doesn't really matter who we get as we are an absolute money making brand. Pool needs the Sheikhs more. Imagine Sir Ratcliffe loses out to the Sheikh, he is not going to bid for Pool (he has said so himself) and even if he does, its not limitless cash flow which is what Pool desperately needs. It is for this reason, I feel the Sheikh's should win the bid.
Its funny, I'd dread the Qataris buying Liverpool but wouldn't be remotely concerned if Jim remembered he was also a Liverpool fan and bought them instead. That's quite telling I think.

Based on what I've seen from the maniacs in this thread, you could spin either outcome in a negative way.

SJR/Ineos

- "Chelsea fan"
- Nice are shit
- Not wiping the dept
- Not rich enough
- Glazers temporarily staying
- Brailsford

Jassim/Qatar

- Sportswashing
- Rumours of wanting to appoint ex players in positions just to appease fans
- Money doesn't solve everything, inexperienced
- Malaga/Al Thani links
- Possible glamour signings could mean a move away from the current direction we've finally started heading towards.

Either way surely both options are better than the current where we are owned by parasites who literally make us poorer.

We are solvent, as in able to meet our debt obligations. Things may be a bit tight but we have not crossed into insolvency.

Debt-free then. If the Glazers had not moved in, this club wouldn't be hip deep in debt, interest payments, and a crumbling infrastructure. I curse the day that Malcolm Glazer ever heard the name Manchester United.

Ahh, yes, Sheikh Jassim and his Ninety Two Seven Foundation.

Nah, I'm sure we would hear of some other previously obscure member of the Qatari royal family putting in a completely individual, non-state bid for Liverpool.

Last edited:
I don't think these are good examples. No club will buy one of the best strikers in the world in his prime, while also buying one of the hottest prospects around that's 21 and looking for his big move both in the same summer. It's as if Barca decided to buy both Lewandowski and Nunez last summer.

Haaland and Alvarez say hi

I think the next exclusive story will be that Qatar has been selected. Just think about it. 1. They will pay the most for the club. 2. They will give the Glazers investment options. 3. They will not take the embarrassment to lose out.

Based on what I've seen from the maniacs in this thread, you could spin either outcome in a negative way.

SJR/Ineos

- "Chelsea fan"
- Nice are shit
- Not wiping the dept
- Not rich enough
- Glazers temporarily staying
- Brailsford

Jassim/Qatar

- Sportswashing
- Rumours of wanting to appoint ex players in positions just to appease fans
- Money doesn't solve everything, inexperienced
- Malaga/Al Thani links
- Possible glamour signings could mean a move away from the current direction we've finally started heading towards.

Either way surely both options are better than the current where we are owned by parasites who literally make us poorer.

Of course, however that doesn't mean people won't have a preference for one over the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.