Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tldr nothing has happened yet. And nobody has any indication about what Raine will say to the bidders until they say something to the bidders.

tldr nothing has happened yet. And nobody has any indication about what Raine will say to the bidders until they say something to the bidders.

You mean until they tell the press or the bidders tell the press. For all we know something could have been said and its been kept confidential (this type of thing is material news)
In anycase, we won't know anything either way until the next news update and it will be from reputable sources too

I think the next exclusive story will be that Qatar has been selected. Just think about it. 1. They will pay the most for the club. 2. They will give the Glazers investment options. 3. They will not take the embarrassment to lose out.

I'm thinking the same, its seems that one day its all Ineos, another day its Qatar rumours. It seems like a low level Glazer leak to keep squeezing a few more million out of the two lads. They will never admit this though, if they were caught leaking it could be seen as stock manipulation.

While FFP allows us to spend around 100 mil overall :lol:
Does the £100m mooted assume no sales at all ? Genuinely think EtH needs to dump a few big names this summer 1) if it adds to his kitty 2) shake the squad up a bit and show there are no untouchables.

Im also a bit lost on the Ronaldo situation as well re FFP e.g. massive wedge off the wage bill (which should improve our finances in a positive way) but surely a drop in commercial income from less shirt sales etc.

I think the next exclusive story will be that Qatar has been selected. Just think about it. 1. They will pay the most for the club. 2. They will give the Glazers investment options. 3. They will not take the embarrassment to lose out.
That is the most logical thing yeah.

I'm thinking the same, its seems that one day its all Ineos, another day its Qatar rumours. It seems like a low level Glazer leak to keep squeezing a few more million out of the two lads. They will never admit this though, if they were caught leaking it could be seen as stock manipulation.

Yes, it’s definitely negotiations going on to squeeze every last bit out. The Glazers even know that both buyers are desperate to begin the hunt for new players. They are using that fact imo even though they are the current owners.

Based on what I've seen from the maniacs in this thread, you could spin either outcome in a negative way.

SJR/Ineos

- "Chelsea fan"
- Nice are shit
- Not wiping the dept
- Not rich enough
- Glazers temporarily staying
- Brailsford

Jassim/Qatar

- Sportswashing
- Rumours of wanting to appoint ex players in positions just to appease fans
- Money doesn't solve everything, inexperienced
- Malaga/Al Thani links
- Possible glamour signings could mean a move away from the current direction we've finally started heading towards.

Either way surely both options are better than the current where we are owned by parasites who literally make us poorer.

Both better than the Glazers. It just comes down to deeper pockets, doesn’t it? Both SJR and Qatar have uninspiring records in club ownership but only one has money to burn. Plus, unlike Ligue Un , I think the competitiveness of the PL would force the owners to be disciplined rather than squander money on vanity purchases.

Does the £100m mooted assume no sales at all ? Genuinely think EtH needs to dump a few big names this summer 1) if it adds to his kitty 2) shake the squad up a bit and show there are no untouchables.

Im also a bit lost on the Ronaldo situation as well re FFP e.g. massive wedge off the wage bill (which should improve our finances in a positive way) but surely a drop in commercial income from less shirt sales etc.

I don't take much notice of this FFP talk around Utd, its a mixture of playing the poor man to keep transfer/wage costs at a minimum and the owners making excuses not to spend. The reality is the figures can be adjusted via sponsorships, sales etc. For example if we were to believe all we heard then Haaland was a bargain 51M transfer and he is on 80k a week :rolleyes:, in my boll@(?s do i believe that !

Haaland and Alvarez say hi

-Alvarez came from the Argentinian League and was totally unproven, people were expecting him to go out on loan

-Has only played 2219 minutes this season, not exactly a starter

-Can play other positions other than striker, has played just a bit more than half of his games this season up top

-Was a cheap punt like Dan James, except turned out to be way more talented

In contrast, Ramos is one of the most valued under-21 players in the world already, because he has already proven himself in Europe and is in a completely different stage of his career than Alvarez when he joined City.

So, two entirely different scenarios.

Whoever's got the best bid will win. That's either Ratcliffe or Jassim. The Glazers could stay in charge but I doubt it.

The most important person when it comes to Man City is their owner Sheikh Mansour, without a doubt. And hence City are successful at all levels of the club, which includes their academy. And when you don't sell fringe players and keep them at the club for too long, like Judge,Woodward and previous managers did, then your net spend isn't going to look good in comparison to City, with undeserved contracts also compounding matters.

Guardiola is a world class head coach but he can be beaten, like Klopp has shown at Liverpool. But Klopp has been hamstrung in comparison due to FSG not being able to go that extra mile compared to Sheikh Mansour and hence City are on course to win their 5th title in 6 years. Replace Guardiola with Luis Enrique or Tuchel, and they'd still be winning titles due to Sheikh Mansour. City won titles with Mancini and Pellegrini and they've been dominant at youth level with Jason Wilcox running the academy.

People say that City's success doesn't mean anything due to the wealth of their owner but then we also have to acknowledge that Guardiola's success at City doesn't mean anything due to the financial doping that's taken place and given them a advantage.
Klopp drives his teams to the edge and then pays for it with a shit season after. It is part of the uber high press. It is a mistake, not a feature, it is why a manager like him can never dominate anything. Managing a single season is one thing, managing 3 or 5 seasons is different.

The most important person at Cheaty is Sheikh Mansour, because of the money, sure. But Guardiola did what no manager at Chelsea ever could, not even the toxic one. To put down the complete control that Guardiola has is silly. For his titles at Cheaty, I don't think he had the best player in any position, maybe AM excluded.

The bold part is just crazy. It has f all to to with how much Klopp is failing to keep consistency or why Pep wins with 0 strikers or with the best in the world.

I don't take much notice of this FFP talk around Utd, its a mixture of playing the poor man to keep transfer/wage costs at a minimum and the owners making excuses not to spend. The reality is the figures can be adjusted via sponsorships, sales etc. For example if we were to believe all we heard then Haaland was a bargain 51M transfer and he is on 80k a week :rolleyes:, in my boll@(?s do i believe that !
Adjusting the figures via sponsorships is part of the 100+ charges against City.

I believe, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but there is a limit on how much in sponsorships can come from a company with ties to the owner, and the sponsorships have to be at a reasonable market value....at least in terms of how it's calculated for FFP. So if Qatar buys us, we can't exactly get a 200m/year shirt deal with Qatar Airways to skirt FFP rules.

Sales are important, but depend on who we sell, and how much is left on their contract, etc.

The bottom line, which many people seem to be ignoring, is that Qatar won't really be able to spend more on transfers than Ineos. They'll both face the same limitations which are put in place to prevent what so many of you are hoping for.

Stock price is down over 10%

A sign of things to come for the glazers if they keep a foot in the door
Stock price means very little in the grand scheme of things. It's not really going to incentivise them to either sell or keep hold. They already have a valuation of what they feel the club is worth.

Stock price means very little in the grand scheme of things. It's not really going to incentivise them to either sell or keep hold. They already have a valuation of what they feel the club is worth.

Agree. But it can reveal some potential movements.

This has been done a death, United have struggled to pay off a £700 million loan over 18 years and you think we could sustain a loan several times that or that even someone would be stupid enough to give that loan, United's revenue is circa £650 million pounds, Ineos revenue is over 60 billion, Ineos profits have been over 2 billion euros in the recent past, any company will use debt to make an acquisition because its booked as debt on a balance sheet it will give a lot of tax breaks, if Apple made a big acquisition tomorrow they would use debt for this exact reason even if you had the cash and were running a business it makes sense to buy something with debt for these reasons.
I'm not thinking anything. I'm just asking if it's stated anywhere that the debt will be transferred.

Klopp drives his teams to the edge and then pays for it with a shit season after. It is part of the uber high press. It is a mistake, not a feature, it is why a manager like him can never dominate anything. Managing a single season is one thing, managing 3 or 5 seasons is different.

The most important person at Cheaty is Sheikh Mansour, because of the money, sure. But Guardiola did what no manager at Chelsea ever could, not even the toxic one. To put down the complete control that Guardiola has is silly. For his titles at Cheaty, I don't think he had the best player in any position, maybe AM excluded.

The bold part is just crazy. It has f all to to with how much Klopp is failing to keep consistency or why Pep wins with 0 strikers or with the best in the world.
You're still under the impression about Klopp implementing his Dortmund strategy when in reality he has adapted and evolved from the heavy metal approach to one where he now implements on the ball positional play with emphasis on a controlled rest phase. And it's why he brought Dutch coach Ljinders into his backroom staff.

Yes Sheikh Mansour is the most important person at City as far as their success is concerned. And Guardiola doesn't need to have the best players in every position as long his team control the first phase of the build up, they will exert control on the game. And if the competition in the EPL can't contest that control that City exert from the back, they will by default have a big advantage. The only head coach in the EPL that has pressed City high and disrupted their rythym in the build up phase is Jurgen Klopp and hence he won the league beating Guardiola by implementing a proactive attacking brand of football that was proactive with and without the ball.

The disadvantage Klopp had was that he didn't have the financial backing that Guardiola enjoys with Sheikh Mansour. Liverpool clearly needed to significantly raise the quality of their midfield but nothing happened and they instead only looked to replace Sadio Mane. And it's easy to see why they've dropped off due to not replenishing their squad in a area that had become a weakness.

It does show how ridiculous the opinion is that they faked this process to increase the value of the club and get a loan based on the increased value. Financial institutions aren't idiots and they wouldn't give out a huge loan to the Glazers, based on the increased value, when the increased value was entirely predicated on them fecking off

You're still under the impression about Klopp implementing his Dortmund strategy when in reality he has adapted and evolved from the heavy metal approach to one where he now implements on the ball positional play with emphasis on a controlled rest phase. And it's why he brought Dutch coach Ljinders into his backroom staff.

Yes Sheikh Mansour is the most important person at City as far as their success is concerned. And Guardiola doesn't need to have the best players in every position as long his team control the first phase of the build up, they will exert control on the game. And if the competition in the EPL can't contest that control that City exert from the back, they will by default have a big advantage. The only head coach in the EPL that has pressed City high and disrupted their rythym in the build up phase is Jurgen Klopp and hence he won the league beating Guardiola by implementing a proactive attacking brand of football that was proactive with and without the ball.

The disadvantage Klopp had was that he didn't have the financial backing that Guardiola enjoys with Sheikh Mansour. Liverpool clearly needed to significantly raise the quality of their midfield but nothing happened and they instead only looked to replace Sadio Mane. And it's easy to see why they've dropped off due to not replenishing their squad in a area that had become a weakness.
There is no such thing as a "heavy metal approach"; it's just a silly combination of words used by his adeps and parts of the English media. Imagine if Ancelotti were to be good at PR, what would he say? The win CL sing along method?

I know it might sound like a small thing, but this cool words like "metal" football is part of the mythos of Klopp. If you can not compete then you can make words up I guess. Make football great again.

Back in the real World, not only does Guardiola wipe the flor with rusty metal, but he is almost always favorite in Europe, falling short for his own issues. European football has been owned for the last 10 years by none of them though, but by good managers that get the best out of their teams rather then focused styles.

I swear that no matter how the CL goes, no matter how even the PL goes and it's won by managers with a focus of technical ability, the UK remains fascinated with the "they run a lot" level. This must be some sort of bug.

I do wonder will the news just break out of the blue one evening. One thing is for certain, the Glazers lack any urgency.

Please dont ban me for this...... :

(Verse 1) Yo, listen up, I got a tale to tell,
About Ma

There was a man called Alvaro
Who wouldn't stop rhyming so he had to go
Into the boot of a car he did go
The RC Ultras dumped him where no one would know.

I have just seen this on Twitter.

"Officially coining the term Glexit/Glexiteer - short sighted reactionary bandwagon jumpers whose only goal is Glazers out without any understanding of the long term consequences of putting the club in the hands of people who will happily sh** all over them once in power."

There is no such thing as a "heavy metal approach"; it's just a silly combination of words used by his adeps and parts of the English media. Imagine if Ancelotti were to be good at PR, what would he say? The win CL sing along method?

I know it might sound like a small thing, but this cool words like "metal" football is part of the mythos of Klopp. If you can not compete then you can make words up I guess. Make football great again.

Back in the real World, not only does Guardiola wipe the flor with rusty metal, but he is almost always favorite in Europe, falling short for his own issues. European football has been owned for the last 10 years by none of them though, but by good managers that get the best out of their teams rather then focused styles.

I swear that no matter how the CL goes, no matter how even the PL goes and it's won by managers with a focus of technical ability, the UK remains fascinated with the "they run a lot" level. This must be some sort of bug.
You've gone on a unrelated tangent which has nothing to do with my post. And what has the UK got do with what I've posted about a German and Spanish football manager? I'm British and I love my people here but my parents are immigrants to the UK.

Heavy metal football = Fast transitions, with a heavy emphasis on verticality, dynamic movement and high pressure which is backed up by the counter press in the event the ball is turned over which raises the chances of winning the ball back quickly by virtue of causing controlled chaos and thus turning the defensive transition into a counter attacking situation high in opposition territory.

And as far as technical ability goes, it's why Klopp evolved from the above, and reinvented the wheel by implementing a controlled rest phase in possession with Dutch coach, Ljinders joining his backroom staff and thus players like Thiago were brought to the club to raise the technical level within the positional play principles.

The worst part of this is that the Glazers get to sh#t on us some more by taking forever on this process... they are going to screw us for the summer window and ruin next season too.

It's just so depressing to be this close to getting them out and their greed continues to hurt this great club

I just want this to be over and finished already, do everything with United have to be a fecking saga stretched over months and months?!
Of course it is, its why we are so badly run . Will i, wont i, oh wait till end of transfer window to save wages. New manager and staff exception this club has been a laughing stock. So yeah why should selling the club part or whole be any different. More of the same I am afraid.

Last edited:
Hey all, first time poster in here, so go easy.

I may know where the latest Ratcliffe/Sun report rumours are coming from. A few days ago, John Murtough and his friends were in the Builders Arms pub in Knutsford. This is true as someone I know had a photo with him. Anyway, they were quite chatty with the locals, and apparently, Murtoughs mate was telling them it would be Ratcliffe who would be the preferred bidder. Qatar's bid won't be accepted as two Glazers didn't want to sell. He also said that top management from Arnold down have been told they may have to keep an eye out for new jobs.

What I was told a few days ago is virtually identical to the info in last night's sun report. The person I know believes journalists contacted some in the pub, but that's just what he believes.

Debt-free then. If the Glazers had not moved in, this club wouldn't be hip deep in debt, interest payments, and a crumbling infrastructure. I curse the day that Malcolm Glazer ever heard the name Manchester United.

To be fair we probably wouldn't be debt free, either, as it is normal practice for clubs to pay transfer fees in installments.

We would have a better debt to income ratio and be able to do more without the Glazer's leveraged buyout, though.

You've gone on a unrelated tangent which has nothing to do with my post. And what has the UK got do with what I've posted about a German and Spanish football manager? I'm British and I love my people here but my parents are immigrants to the UK.

Heavy metal football = Fast transitions, with a heavy emphasis on verticality, dynamic movement and high pressure which is backed up by the counter press in the event the ball is turned over which raises the chances of winning the ball back quickly by virtue of causing controlled chaos and thus turning the defensive transition into a counter attacking situation high in opposition territory.

And as far as technical ability goes, it's why Klopp evolved from the above, and reinvented the wheel by implementing a controlled rest phase in possession with Dutch coach, Ljinders joining his backroom staff and thus players like Thiago were brought to the club to raise the technical level within the positional play principles.
I had no idea you were British, in fact I though you were not. The point was about a poor level of understanding football; for the British stereotype.

Heavy metal football, again, it does not fechink exist brother. You and your friends are thinking about it, the majority of actual winners do not. Making up cool worlds does not win trophies.

Your third point is a joke by results alone. Magic Klopp realized after 10 years that he needs some technical ability in the mid. You are making him look worse and worse.

Just take down the statue of saint Klopp and look at real football and you will agree with me.

But if Ratcliffe's bid offered more per share then surely news of that bid being rumoured to be successful would have opposite effect

The INEOS bid will keep United public and does not involve purchasing shares from non-Glazers.

Status
Not open for further replies.