Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the land of football, a kingdom so grand,
There was a club, so mighty, so loved in the land,
Manchester United, the name on everyone's lips,
A team with a history, that will never eclipse.

Then one day, a man appeared on the scene,
With a fortune so vast, it seemed like a dream,
Sir Jim Ratcliffe, with his billions in tow,
Came knocking on the door, to buy the club we all know.

With a shrewd eye for business, he made his play,
And the Glazers, who owned the club, didn't stand in his way,
For they saw in Sir Jim, a man with a vision,
A love for the game, that needed no revision.

So Manchester United, changed hands once again,
And the fans all cheered, for a new era to begin,
Under Sir Jim's leadership, the club would thrive,
With a renewed sense of purpose, and a passion alive.

For he understood the magic, that makes football so great,
The joy of the game, that we all celebrate,
And though his wealth may be vast, and his power immense,
He knew it was the love of the fans, that truly made sense.

So here's to Sir Jim, and his new venture ahead,
A man with a mission, and a heart full of red,
May he guide Manchester United, to new heights and success,
And continue to be loved, by all who wear the crest.

Catastrophizing is a cognitive distortion that prompts people to jump to the worst possible conclusion, usually with very limited information or objective reason to despair. When a situation is upsetting, but not necessarily catastrophic, they still feel like they are in the midst of a crisis.

The number of times I've read on this place that something is 'done', all on the back of a dodgy tweet, to then be proven wrong is endless.

No doubt this will be the same.

I don’t agree with anything Qatar stands for as a state nation but I do believe if we are to get back to challenging for major honours both domestic and on the European stage, we needed them and their blank cheques. Instead we get RATcliffe who is willing to keep part of the cancer that’s been killing this club for nearly 20 years aboard.. this is the worst case scenario for me.

I don’t agree with anything Qatar stands for as a state nation but I do believe if we are to get back to challenging for major honours both domestic and on the European stage, we needed them and their blank cheques. Instead we get RATcliffe who is willing to keep part of the cancer that’s been killing this club for nearly 20 years aboard.. this is the worst case scenario for me.

It's less worse than Elliot or some other vulture group propping the Glazers up while they keep control of the club.

But yeah, the club ain't going anywhere fast under a Ratty Glazer partnership.

Why do we? All this place has droned on about for the past 10 years is "We don't need oil money, we are more than rich enough if we get rid of the Glazers and use our funds properly" And now all of a sudden it's not enough?

Also Ratcliffe/INEOS are putting in place a plan to usher out the Glazers over 3 years, simple... Done.

Ed Woodward is still holding shares, does that one bother you? He has zero input as would the 2 remaining Glazers.

Where is Mike Keegan?

It does seem though it is strong sway to Ratcliffe. The article last night, the muppetier saying someone has been contacted ( I was thinking maybe Gazers contacting Ineous on terms of deal), Mitten saying, Ineous confident , absolute silence from Qatar sources.

Too much smoke now for me.

Not a huge fan of either bid but happy to see the back of the Glazers. I would just question the bolded here though. I have not seen anything to suggest this is anything other than wishful thinking, they have made comments about investing in the infrastructure and the community but the notion they are going to go on an endless spending spree is not grounded in fact. The idea that middle eastern ownership means unlimited funds has proven to be far from accurate for a number of clubs and based on how little we know about this particular bid it is just as likely that if they succeed we will be doing a Wigan and playing our players late in 12 months time.

Where is Mike Keegan?

It does seem though it is strong sway to Ratcliffe. The article last night, the muppetier saying someone has been contacted ( I was thinking maybe Gazers contacting Ineous on terms of deal), Mitten saying, Ineous confident , absolute silence from Qatar sources.

What smoke? Literally nothing has happened for two weeks

Where is Mike Keegan?

Given how the Gulf States treat journalists, we'll probably not hear from Mike after this is over.

I just hope the Cafe doesn’t moan our lack of success and continuous stagnation
Nah we will just sit on our almighty high horse and laugh about City, Liverpool and Newcastle's 10 titles each in the next 30 years and smugly say no one cares :rolleyes:

I don't know where this notion comes from as it certainly isn't based on any financial assessment of the club I've seen or any of the details we know so far about INEOS' bid. Unless you think non-Qatari money is in some way haunted, we would still have the financial power to compete.

Jassim's camp took it for granted they would win. Their approach was very naive.

So, it is Jim Glazer in the end after all. Can't help but feel the club is being set down the path of Everton and Leeds. My confidence and trust in Ratcliffe are precisely zero. Setting aside the state of his other two clubs, his camp consistently danced around the issue of existing debt with clever wordplay, never said in no uncertain terms how the future of the club will be funded, and to top it all of he is keeping the very people who ruined the club and are universally despised by the fans. Not exactly what I call fostering belief. I don't think we will be anywhere close to competing with City, Newcastle, and eventually the Qatari team. We will continue to struggle greatly in making the CL, even with the 5 team quota, and eventually fall further behind. That being said, it will go a long way if he immediately gets rid of certain elements within the club. Those being the Glazer plant and Darth Woodward's apprentice. The sooner the better. Keeping them on the other hand will make it clear where he stands...

It is what it is.
Wow! Didn’t realise United had announced the takeover. /Sarcasm

Where is Mike Keegan?

English journalists have contacts with a bullish English billionaire. Qatar have kept cards to the chest. For me it’s still evens.

Why do we? All this place has droned on about for the past 10 years is "We don't need oil money, we are more than rich enough if we get rid of the Glazers and use our funds properly" And now all of a sudden it's not enough?

Also Ratcliffe/INEOS are putting in place a plan to usher out the Glazers over 3 years, simple... Done.

Ed Woodward is still holding shares, does that one bother you? He has zero input as would the 2 remaining Glazers.

Because the wealthiest and most successful clubs in recent years are either owned or strongly supported by states. Want a list?

Real Madrid... Spanish government/Spanish royal family.
Barcelona... Catalan government.
Manchester City... Abu Dhabi.
Zenit St. Petersburg... Gazprom (majority state-owned by Russia).
PSG... Qatar.
etc.

As for the Glazers, they fecked our position within FPP because of the debt. Last but not least, I have seen enough of the situation in Nice and Lausanne to be totally distrustful of a SJR ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.