Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So where will the money come from for infrastructure improvements. Yes we can use income for transfers, hope he is including the women in this, but where will he get the rest.
Have you looked up his financial?

This will be terrible news for us if this turns out to be true. We will be going nowhere fast under SJR, you only have to look at what has gone on at Nice. Prior to the takeover by Ineos Nice FC they finished in the top 4 several times in the past 6 years Their success was due to astute scouting plus selling players at a profit.. SJR made a big assertion and announced that Nice FC would challenge PSG and be in europe at the time of the takeover however there has been no such success since taking over in 2019. The ex manager of Nice FC Christopher Galtier was poenly critical of the clubs recruitment and the calibre of the people handling the transfers and critical of Ineo's commitment. According to the Guardian and Le Parisien the manager had lost faith in Ineos prior to his departure. The Nice FC sporting director, coach and CEO all left. Ineos then hired Iain Moody who would go on to recruit a bunch of EPL has-beens.

According to the Guardian Nice FC were left with a talented but disjointed squad due to a lack of planning and shared thinking with a scattergun approach to transfers. The atmosphere surrounding the club was described as toxic and the team is struggling. In short Ineo's ownership of Nice FC has been chaotic and instead of challenging PSG like SJR promised, he has actually led to management and coach departures,poor recruitment and poor performance on the pitch in favour of nepotism through appointing his brother and cycling coaches as directorss. The Ineos ownership of Nice FC actually sounds a lot like the Glazers ownership of United. Broken promises, nepotism, penny pinching all things we've gone through for the last 18 years under the Glazers The Guardian newspaper examined the ownership of Nice FC under Ineos and they were highly critical. The Nice FC fans aren't happy and neither were the former coach and management where the club is now a mid table club some 27 points behind PSG.

If SJR hasn't got the heart for Nice, don't expect him to have the Heart for United, a former chelsea ticket holder who has said he didn't visit old trafford because travel was an inconconvience

I am firmly behind the Glazers out and I am undecided on SJE / Ineos and Qatar being the custodians of Manchester United.

However, listened to a decent interview yesterday on Uniteds People TV from a French Journalist on his views on how Ineos have run Nice. I think some of what you say is true but it really is exaggerated. It looks like they have spent a considerable amount of wedge (true to their promise) but like Utd probably in the wrong way. Worth adding context that the French TV deal is absolutely miniscule in comparison to The Prem TV rights. So when you look at how City and Chelsea have distorted the market, its actually worse in France. i.e. there is no way they could compete with PSG on the pitch.

And Wasn't SJR at Old Trafford for the second round of bids ?

As I say I want the Glazers out, Certainly don't want strategic investment to support the Glazers, no skin in the game for either of the big bidders.

Luke Entwhistle Interview Re Nice / Ineos (Get French Football)

Ratcliffe will put the current debt on Ineos right?

United will be debt free at that point. A debt free United can compete in the transfer market much better than they would with debt.

Surely this is better than keeping the Glazers or having to go down the same route as City and Newcastle?
correct. But people are too far gone and dreaming of that Qatar suger daddy.

So where will the money come from for infrastructure improvements. Yes we can use income for transfers, hope he is including the women in this, but where will he get the rest.
Once the initial debt is transferred to Ineos , United can easily take on new debt for stadium refurbishment or rebuild like most clubs are suppose to do .

Then some part of new debt could be serviced via long term Stadium naming rights once it's finished .

United will be debt free at that point. A debt free United can compete in the transfer market much better than they would with debt.

Surely this is better than keeping the Glazers or having to go down the same route as City and Newcastle?

Nice and Lausanne were better off or at least at the same level before INEOS took over. These guys aren't very good in football. They first send Ratcliffe's brother to manage NICE after he tanked at Lausanne and then they sent bike man to make an audit of what's wrong with the club. They even thought that it was a good idea to temporarily trust Iain Moody of all people to call the shots there.

Once the initial debt is transferred to Ineos , United can easily take on new debt for stadium refurbishment or rebuild like most clubs are suppose to do .

Then some part of new debt could be serviced via long Stadium naming rights once it's finished .
Pretty sure that’s future debt and not the debt we currently have?

Not keen on Ratcliffe given that the 2 cnuts are likely to stick around and he’s not clarified what will happen with the debt. Still hoping Qatar come in, but looking unlikely.

There's one factor for me that often gets forgotten about when talking about money and who's going to do what when they come in and that's passion. It's about a love for United.

The difference between SJR and Jassim is that Jassim has openly stated he fell in love with the club when he was younger and living in the UK. For me, this makes all the difference. I never get that impression with SJR.
Yes he can talk a good talk,...Utd are the biggest club in the world....should be back up there...blah blah blah, but I always get the sense he's talking very much from a 'business' point of view.

I believe Jassim would run the club with passion and SJR would very much run it like a business first. Some people will say that's how it should be run and to a certain extent, that's true. But it's also very easy to forget that when push comes to shove it's about what happens on the pitch and its here where I think a manager like ETH would go 'we desperately need a striker' and the reaction from Jassim and SJR would be completely different. Jassims passion would be 'well who do you need, get what you want to be the best' and SJRs reaction would be '..well we've already spent £150m, so let's wait till the next transfer window'.

That for me is the biggest difference between the two of them. For one it will be a passion because he loves the club for the other, just another business deal.

And as a side note I've followed pro cycling for years and since Ineos took over Team Sky they've done bugger all in terms of major wins. He also moved Sir David Brailsford from Team Sky over to run Nice FC and that hasn't worked out. Running a business is one thing, running a sporting team is something else. It requires a different mindset.

Since Jim’s had it sewn up in the British media for a while now and the sun claims it’s over he’s won.

It’s awfully quiet for someone that is so far ahead. The Sun article is a joke and should be taken as serious as the suns reputation for upstanding journalism.

I think Qatar winning would be better for the sporting success of Manchester United but would be happy to just know the glazers are on the way out.

Just want the process to be over, so I can be optimistic for a few days before we end up finishing 5th.

I genuinely feel bad for the people who have lowered their morals, been sticking up for archaic laws and practices only to see them potentially not winning after all. A lot of people have a lot of soul searching to do if Jim takes over.

They should be doing the soul-searching even if/when Qatar win out tbh! It boggles my mind that people can so misunderstand the history of the club that thinking sportswashing royals would be the ideal owners of the club.

There's one factor for me that often gets forgotten about when talking about money and who's going to do what when they come in and that's passion. It's about a love for United.

The difference between SJR and Jassim is that Jassim has openly stated he fell in love with the club when he was younger and living in the UK.

One of the Glazer siblings pretended to have a 'deep love' for the club when they were attempting to take it over, also.

Based on a college room-mates' love of Spurs, GlazerSibling began to follow English football and 'fell in love' with the club, due to its history, red shirt or Ashley Grimes' orange mop.

Somesuch.

They should be doing the soul-searching even if/when Qatar win out tbh! It boggles my mind that people can so misunderstand the history of the club that thinking sportswashing royals would be the ideal owners of the club.
How does a Tory Brexiteer fit into the history of the club. Not exactly what Manchester United is all about either.

Because they think unlimited money vs more money will be a magic bullet to solving all club problems.

Or because they don't like the idea of Glazers still being part of the club

Or because they don't like the idea of Glazers still being part of the club
They won't be though. Minority ownership as interim common for a small phase as the owners exit.
In fact it was reported that there would be a 3 year exit plan for Glazers.

Well if SJR has won then that means 100% the Glazers are staying on in some capacity.

So basically, nothing will change.

Pretty sure that’s future debt and not the debt we currently have?
Off course that's future debt and there is nothing wrong with it , our current debt situation actually prevents us from taking on major loans for Stadium rebuild but once it's cleared by Ineos then we should be fine .

They won't be though. Minority ownership as interim common for a small phase as the owners exit.

And some fans still have an issue with this, if you don't that's ok, some fans prefer they are gone now

Because they think unlimited money vs more money will be a magic bullet to solving all club problems.

Cannot speak for others but for me personally its how terrible he has run Nice. Its Woodward levels of bad and I worry we will be in for a rough ride with him. That having been said state ownership isnt something I want either. Quite frankly neither option is ideal in my opinion.

Correct. And going by reports we have of what each owner looks to do, Ratcliff certainly appears more structured and common sense in his approach.
This is false.
Ineos have not promised to take on the club's debt. They have promised not to add any new debt on the club through this sale.

Well if SJR has won then that means 100% the Glazers are staying on in some capacity.

So basically, nothing will change.

Unless there is a Glazer with 'final say' on matters, not influence, but ultimate authority, everything will change.

We'll have to wait and see if that is for the better, just as we would with Qatar.

A lot can happen in 3 years.

What if SJR drops dead in that time? Then what?
With the Glazers having probably the next biggest share slice, do you not think they might try to buy the club back and be owners again?
Easier to do from the inside than the outside.

A lot can happen in 3 years.

What if SJR drops dead in that time? Then what?
With the Glazers having probably the next biggest share slice, do you not think they might try to buy the club back and be owners again?
Easier to do from the inside than the outside.
Ffs you corrected your post before I could make fun of it

Think this really is a choice between a rock and a hard place isn't it. Qatar with the money, but moral issues, or SJR who is doing everything to get the club, even allowing the leeches to stay on is some capacity.There are also a different kind of moral issue with him. I really am not not keen on either, the first for obvious ones, the second because unless he adds to the debt I cannot see how we are going to improve. Yes we will sign players, but depends how much he wants to spend on that, it is the stadium etc that bothers me as much. It will just deteriorate further unless money is spent. Both also depend on who they bring in to run the club, get that wrong and it could get even worse.

Nice and Lausanne were better off or at least at the same level before INEOS took over. These guys aren't very good in football. They first send Ratcliffe's brother to manage NICE after he tanked at Lausanne and then they sent bike man to make an audit of what's wrong with the club. They even thought that it was a good idea to temporarily trust Iain Moody of all people to call the shots there.

Lausanne

Before Ineos:

2010/11: 1st (2nd div, promoted )
2011/12: 7th (1st div)
2012/13: 9th (1st div)
2013/14: 10th (1st div, relegated)
2014/15: 6th (2nd div)
2015/16: 1st (2nd div, promoted)
2016/17: 9th (1st div)

After Ineos:

17/18: 10th (1st div, relegated)
18/19: 3rd (2nd div)
19/20: 1st (2nd div, promoted)
20/21: 6th (1st div)
21/22: 10th (1st div, relegated)
22/23: currently 3rd in 2nd div

OGC Nice

Before Ineos:

2010/11: 17th
2011/12: 13th
2012/13: 4th
2013/14: 17th
2014/15: 11th
2015/16: 4th
2016/17: 8th
2017/18: 5th
2018/19: 7th

After Ineos:

2019/20: 5th
2020/21: 9th
2021/22: 5th
2022/23: currently 8th

Let's put this BS argument to rest, once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.