Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally believe both INEOS and Qatar will run the club much more better than the Glazers did. The Glazer Family saw an opportunity to reap the rewards from that United marketing strategy that made it a shitload of money, as well as the rise of Premier League back in the early 2000s.

INEOS are a highly rich, highly ambitious company who run a sporting division in the company as a form of self-promotion to the global audience (basically they want in on what Red Bull have been doing for years). And we all know about Qatar and their capabilities, which has been discussed at serious length.

Either a wealthy conglomerate or a wealthy state is going to own Manchester United and neither of them are going to want to feck it up. There’s not going to be any vultures or chancers involved, which is great news.

I personally believe both INEOS and Qatar will run the club much more better than the Glazers did. The Glazer Family saw an opportunity to reap the rewards from that United marketing strategy that made it a shitload of money, as well as the rise of Premier League back in the early 2000s.

INEOS are a highly rich, highly ambitious company who run a sporting division in the company as a form of self-promotion to the global audience (basically they want in on what Red Bull have been doing for years). And we all know about Qatar and their capabilities, which has been discussed at serious length.

Either a wealthy conglomerate or a wealthy state is going to own Manchester United and neither of them are going to want to feck it up. There’s not going to be any vultures or chancers involved, which is great news.
The Chairman has spoken. This is the way.

Today's 2 stories are a battle of bullshit between 2 dirty lieing and unreliable rags. Wouldn't take either source serious tbh.

Everyone's favorite Paul White says the news the Sun is reporting has come from a private message board. Murdoch himself has been blabbing about it and it's somehow got to the Sun.

The Express have no shame, they’re currently running a story saying Ratcliffe’s the preferred bidder and right underneath the article there’s a link to their other story saying the complete opposite and it’s Jassim. Not a fecking clue. :lol:

Fingers crossed the sun have got it right. Either way we should know very soon

Same as any transfer deal. Only 2 options. Take a punt and if you get it right you get some clout in the world of football twitter. Get it wrong and just say there was a change in circumstances and no one will remember you getting it wrong 2 weeks later.

The story is buried half way down their homepage, doesn't scream 'world exclusive'

That and the wrong picture just tell me they've chucked out a sensationalist story for a few clicks without much thought.

There is also zero new information in the article, just rehashed.

Its the Sun, they have no journalistic integrity, so would have little to lose if they end up with pie on their face. On the chance they've got it right they can boast they were first to break. They're essentially fake twitter journo chancers on a massive scale.

Is it just me or does anybody else feel a meltdown coming on?!! ;)
Over this obvious dross? Not me.

"Club sources"

The same club that leaks fecking everything that goes on? Do we really think it would be only the Sun that got hold of this if it was actually somebody in the club?

Just leave this here...
uZqMh4r.png

About 20 hrs ago, the preferred choice is Qatar, and a few hrs later, saying Glazers delayed the decision. Another few hrs later, Ieon became the preferred bidder. Farcical stuff from Glazers.

Martin Lipton was pretty good re, our takeover along with Matt Law. But I'd still wait for other outlets rather than the sun tbh....

Weirdly Martin Lipton also reported about Neymar last week :wenger:
Lipton ran a exclusive about United being in talks with 'Haier' to sponsor our shirt in 2019. I created a thread about it on here but it turned out to be false news with Haier themselves distancing themselves from the story via a press brief.

I don’t know much but I’m certain it won’t be some knobhead from the Sun will have the inside scoop on the preferred bidder

Wish it was true, but not gonna believe anything just yet. Need to wait for more reliable people to break something.

If the Qataris want to sign players like Neymar then I reckon you’d be better off with a different owner, especially if it’s true that they also want to get “United legends” in. Both of those things are pretty much exactly what you don’t need. Much better to spend a bit less and sensibly, rather than a shed load on nonsense like Neymar.

The Sun article sounds more like they're saying what "Old Trafford Insiders" think that the Glazers will do, rather than a report on their actual decision. That plus the reports last week, make it a decently educated guess.

I hope it ends up being true, but if so, the Sun should not get credit for breaking this.

I think they should get credit either way. We've had so little to work with lately, it's about time the press stopped messing about waiting to hear something. A good old stab in the dark is not too much to ask.

I honestly don't care who it is at this point. Money has never been our problem. Whoever the owner is, we wont be short on cash thanks to our brand. Its the decision makers who need to change. Any change from Glazers at this point is welcome.

Well I would have taken that at the beginning of the season. Knowing that we were so close to getting rid completely then didn’t does hurt though. And can’t say I’m overly confident in Sir Jim. But at same time didn’t want United to be a state club. Rock and hard place

This will be terrible news for us if this turns out to be true. We will be going nowhere fast under SJR, you only have to look at what has gone on at Nice. Prior to the takeover by Ineos Nice FC they finished in the top 4 several times in the past 6 years Their success was due to astute scouting plus selling players at a profit.. SJR made a big assertion and announced that Nice FC would challenge PSG and be in europe at the time of the takeover however there has been no such success since taking over in 2019. The ex manager of Nice FC Christopher Galtier was poenly critical of the clubs recruitment and the calibre of the people handling the transfers and critical of Ineo's commitment. According to the Guardian and Le Parisien the manager had lost faith in Ineos prior to his departure. The Nice FC sporting director, coach and CEO all left. Ineos then hired Iain Moody who would go on to recruit a bunch of EPL has-beens.

According to the Guardian Nice FC were left with a talented but disjointed squad due to a lack of planning and shared thinking with a scattergun approach to transfers. The atmosphere surrounding the club was described as toxic and the team is struggling. In short Ineo's ownership of Nice FC has been chaotic and instead of challenging PSG like SJR promised, he has actually led to management and coach departures,poor recruitment and poor performance on the pitch in favour of nepotism through appointing his brother and cycling coaches as directorss. The Ineos ownership of Nice FC actually sounds a lot like the Glazers ownership of United. Broken promises, nepotism, penny pinching all things we've gone through for the last 18 years under the Glazers The Guardian newspaper examined the ownership of Nice FC under Ineos and they were highly critical. The Nice FC fans aren't happy and neither were the former coach and management where the club is now a mid table club some 27 points behind PSG.

If SJR hasn't got the heart for Nice, don't expect him to have the Heart for United, a former chelsea ticket holder who has said he didn't visit old trafford because travel was an inconconvience

I mean, from what we know about the bids it seems the most logical preferred bidder?

Glazers don't give a feck what Jassim is promising the club once they're out the picture, they'd rather he hands some of that extra money to them. Him saying he will spend X million, re-do stadium and area etc. appeals to fans, not Glazer's

Jim's on the other hand for them gives them a huge amount and let's the 2 leeches hang on for a bit longer and take a few extra million each year or so

I could be wrong, that's what I last remember hearing about each bid

Status
Not open for further replies.