Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, from what we know about the bids it seems the most logical preferred bidder?

Glazers don't give a feck what Jassim is promising the club once they're out the picture, they'd rather he hands some of that extra money to them. Him saying he will spend X million, re-do stadium and area etc. appeals to fans, not Glazer's

Jim's on the other hand for them gives them a huge amount and let's the 2 leeches hang on for a bit longer and take a few extra million each year or so

I could be wrong, that's what I last remember hearing about each bid

first it was leaked that Jassim was favourite, then Elliott were favourite, then SJR was favourite and now the media seem shifting again to Jassim. Now this is my opinion of course but its seems quite clear that

a- they are clueless of what's going on
b- that the Glazers are feeding the media

I'd be ok with whoever takes over, be it SJR or Jassim. As long as we get to kick the Glazers to the curb.

But is it me or does it feel a bit underwhelming in SJR's case? Gut feeling is that during SJR's reign, we will still continue to fail to recruit in vital areas eg striker, keeper etc. And having doubts of SJR hiring effective backroom staff like the DOF position.

Just strikes me that with Jassim's ownership, we will see more significant and obvious changes to the club.

The reality that Ratcliffe isn't going to flog half of Ineos to buy the club will soon hit if it is to be him. More debt coming out way. Nor will all, most or even some of Ineos' profits be poured into the club.

Last edited:
I genuinely feel bad for the people who have lowered their morals, been sticking up for archaic laws and practices only to see them potentially not winning after all. A lot of people have a lot of soul searching to do if Jim takes over.

I genuinely feel bad for the people who have lowered their morals, been sticking up for archaic laws and practices only to see them potentially not winning after all. A lot of people have a lot of soul searching to do if Jim takes over.

Qatar Defence League assemble!

:lol: :lol: :wenger:

Prior to the takeover by Ineos Nice FC they finished in the top 4 several times in the past 6 years

That is impressive, all joking aside though, we should steer away from the State owned oil money. Ineos would no doubt bring in enough resources to make us competitive, but more importantly we need the general mgmt of the club to be on point.

You still twerking for the UK billionaire owner of a company with suspect practices?

I genuinely fear for some people who will clearly won't be able to take it if Qataris take over.

How underwhelming, hears to another 10 years of mediocrity. What deal has he done with the Glazers.

I genuinely fear for some people who will clearly won't be able to take it if Qataris take over.

They will be fine, they can remind us how they didn’t want this and were on the right side of history as they celebrate the league title.

You still twerking for the UK billionaire owner of a company with suspect practices?

Suspect? Do they let people die in their employment? Do they discriminate against women and gay people?

People who are trying to place the practices of INEOS, a company that is subject to strict international laws, along side what Qatar do, who can do as they please with no comeback, has already lost the argument.

We all know why this is happening though. That filthy oil money makes people turn a blind eye to what's going on.

Suspect? Do they let people die in their employment? Do they discriminate against women and gay people?

People who are trying to place the practices of INEOS, a company that is subject to strict international laws, along side what Qatar do, who can do as they please with no comeback, has already lost the argument.

We all know why this is happening though. That filthy oil money makes people turn a blind eye to what's going on.
Personally I’m not going to start twerking for Boris Johnson because he’s better than Hitler.

Could also be a ploy to panic the Qataris into chucking a bit extra in. When things like this leak I often wonder not how the reporter found out but why someone on the inside was happy to reveal this information

Maybe Ratcliffe's deal with the devil really has succeeded, but more than the Sun need to report this before we face that grim possibility.

Last edited:
The Sun haven’t committed to that at all. Even if it was a brief they would have went big on it

Just popping in! Are we sold yet? No?

grandpa-abe-exit.gif

A tiny note in the top corner of the back page doesn't scream convincing exclusive breaking news of the largest sports takeover in the world.

They should feel free to support Manchester City or PSG going forward.

No. No, I don't think I will.

So people here truly believe that story from the sun?

Pathetic.

I don't get any of the arguments between fans on the next owner.

WE HAVE NO INFLUENCE ON WHO THE NEXT OWNER IS.

We have our preference and that's fine but arguing over it is pointless and just divisive.

We all have one thing in common and that's we all want what's best for United, we just have different ideas of what it is or at least the journey is different. The end goal is the same, top stadium, top training facilities, top infrastructure and a top team.

Of what's available in have my preference but I'm not closed to either. In reality we don't actually know what the plans are from each camp, there's little factual detail in the public domain.

The Glazers will pick their buyer and we'll just hope it works out.

If you have an issue with whoever takes over then it's your personal choice in what you want to do. When the Glazers took over some United fans broke away and formed another club. Others compaigned for 18 years to get them out and the rest just carried on as normal.

:lol: This board is pure comedy

If that's true that Ratcliffe is the preferred bidder we're going to be in some serious trouble over the coming years. In time it will be looked upon as the final nail in the coffin of United as a top level club.

Ratcliffe will put the current debt on Ineos right?

United will be debt free at that point. A debt free United can compete in the transfer market much better than they would with debt.

Surely this is better than keeping the Glazers or having to go down the same route as City and Newcastle?

United will be debt free at that point. A debt free United can compete in the transfer market much better than they would with debt.

Surely this is better than keeping the Glazers or having to go down the same route as City and Newcastle?
Correct. And going by reports we have of what each owner looks to do, Ratcliff certainly appears more structured and common sense in his approach.

Reading through these pages to catch up it seems some people are pissed they will not have the money bragging rights over City if Ratcliffe wins.

Ratcliffe will send United spiralling with bad choices (and penny pinching) if he wins based on his past.

Regardless of their past outside of football, a Qatar win with their resources will immediately guarantee success because they will make the right choices (because money makes that a certainty) and he will spend money on galactico purchases?

Except Qatar’s rumoured choice of bringing in ex-United players which is seen as not a right choice to start with.

Nobody knows anything, especially Sun journalists. Rumours are just that.

Everybody hopes the Glazers are gone (or marginalised) by summer’s end at the latest, which would still disrupt the club in true Glazer style.

So where will the money come from for infrastructure improvements. Yes we can use income for transfers, hope he is including the women in this, but where will he get the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.