Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't know the fans well then. Sounds like an absolutely shit idea.

Yeah, although its something Bayern do as part of their culture, at United, it would come across as an obvious attempt at placating fans after a decade of mediocrity.

Yeah, although its something Bayern do as part of their culture, at United, it would come across as an obvious attempt at placating fans after a decade of mediocrity.

+ have they ever heard the likes of Rooney, Rio, Keane and Gaz speaking about football?. I have no issue with VDS becoming a CEO on football matters and the likes of Gaz and Rio being involved in MUTV. But that would be all.

+ have they ever heard the likes of Rooney, Rio, Keane and Gaz speaking about football?. I have no issue with VDS becoming a CEO on football matters and the likes of Gaz and Rio being involved in MUTV. But that would be all.

I think Rio would do well. The rest can remain in punditry or coaching elsewhere.

It does seem like they are stalling for the end of the season.

I think the guy on the right is Sheikh Tamim, the Emir of Qatar.

Correct but I've seen various parts of the media use pictures of the guy on the left when posting articles about Sheikh Jassim. It's odd the guy has a PR campaign and released photos of himself.

I think Rio would do well. The rest can remain in punditry or coaching elsewhere.

I absolutely adore Rio. He's is the best CB of his era, the absolute perfect balance of technique, speed, physical strength, pace and defence awareness. The only EPL CB I ever watched that I believe was better then him was Jaap Stam. But its evident that Jaap was a T-800 rather then a human being.

Having said that I don't think that Rio is that great on football. Maybe he can become a youth coach or a coach focusing on defending.

I've seen multiple articles in recent weeks use pictures of the guy on the left as being Sheikh Jassim despite the fact he looks nothing like the guy in most reports. The man in the black and white photo which has been most often used looks about 10 years older and several stones heavier than the person pictured in the ESPN article.

It doesn't help with the credibility of him being a genuine independent bidder that to this point we can't confirm his age, his martial status, his source of funding and now even what he looks like.

Yeah the mystery surrounding him isn't exactly reassuring to put it mildly.

But then that's probably by design as this is almost certainly just a fronted state bid.

The only thing I've noticed over the past 24 hours is a Jassim propaganda piece that he would hire class of 92 players in prominent club roles if he becomes owner. An obvious attempt to butter up any fence sitting fans.

The fans are irrelevant at this stage. They need to butter up the Glazers.

Correct but I've seen various parts of the media use pictures of the guy on the left when posting articles about Sheikh Jassim. It's odd the guy has a PR campaign and released photos of himself.

I see they have removed the picture now, but pretty sure the other one is the Minister of Interior.

I'd rather ex-football players as executives making decisions on whether we should expand or renovate the training facilities than some nameless accountant making that decision. At least the players would have some inkling of what footballers need.

It's not like they'd all be director of football or coaching. At Bayern, they just sit on the board and help make sure the club is football focused instead of just worrying about finances, marketing and other non-football matters.

The only thing I've noticed over the past 24 hours is a Jassim propaganda piece that he would hire class of 92 players in prominent club roles if he becomes owner. An obvious attempt to butter up any fence sitting fans.
They might be misjudging that.

Does he actually exist or is "he" just an AI rendering cloaking a thinly veiled state sponsored takeover by Qatar ?
We had our first 'video' of him the other day. People claiming it as indisputable proof he exists. Bit premature if you ask me.

It’s crazy to think that one day we will actually find out what is going to happen. Really doesn’t feel like it at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.