Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sick of hearing about Brexit. It’s done, it’s gone - get over it!

Relevant in the sense that it was a complete disaster and the single biggest self inflicted wound in the history of the British Isles and your beloved Jim thought it was a good idea. Not exactly a glowing reference for his resume as a smart businessman.

Of course the real truth is he favored it for the same reason most of the 1% did, he gave no fecks whatsoever about Britain and buggered off to Monaco having made a fortune out of the whole thing. In many ways this is worse than being an idiot as it shows that he is focused on his own self interest above all others at all times and therefore the sentimental notion that he is a genuine fan with altruistic motives no longer holds much water. If he cared about Manchester so much he would not have pushed so hard to support something that he knew would have devestating consequences for the working class people in his home town.

Jim may be better than Qatar but I don't trust him or his motives at all as he is a proven shitbag.

Mick Ruby seems to think that Ratcliffe is on the way out and that Jassim has exclusivity, and also that the announcement could be very soon.

What's a Mick Ruby?
It’s crazy to think that one day we will actually find out what is going to happen. Really doesn’t feel like it at the moment.
:lol:

I know what you mean.

So sick of hearing about Brexit. It’s done, it’s gone - get over it!

No point crying about it as it can’t be changed, sure.

However, it’s far from gone. It is one reason the UK is an outlier amongst the top world economies and is suffering more than any other post pandemic.

Those that saw it coming are understandably frustrated, but we all need to live with it now… no other choice.

Relevant in the sense that it was a complete disaster and the single biggest self inflicted wound in the history of the British Isles and your beloved Jim thought it was a good idea. Not exactly a glowing reference for his resume as a smart businessman.

Of course the real truth is he favored it for the same reason most of the 1% did, he gave no fecks whatsoever about Britain and buggered off to Monaco having made a fortune out of the whole thing. In many ways this is worse than being an idiot as it shows that he is focused on his own self interest above all others at all times and therefore the sentimental notion that he is a genuine fan with altruistic motives no longer holds much water. If he cared about Manchester so much he would not have pushed so hard to support something that he knew would have devestating consequences for the working class people in his home town.

Jim may be better than Qatar but I don't trust him or his motives at all

I think you missed the point of my post :boring:

I think someone like Beckham will be given a role if Sheikh Jassim takes over. And I don't believe Beckham will have anything to do with the decision making side when it comes recruitment. He'll be someone that is likely to be given a role similar to other ex players at Real Madrid, Bayern at boardroom level.

You might find it boring @Plant0x84 but you were the one saying get over it so far as Brexit is concerned and I gave you a legitimate response as to why millions cannot get over it. Your inability to find a rational defence for the actions of your messiah is not my problem.

I suspect he probably supported Brexit because he believed he could make money out of it, like a lot of rich cnuts did.

He’s not my ‘messiah’ and I’m not his spokesperson. He’s big enough to defend his own beliefs, don’t be pathetic.

If you don't want to discuss his views on Brexit then why on earth did you comment in the first place? You call me pathetic but you hang around this thread all day bumping up your post count whilst you kiss the ass of a billionaire who wouldn't bother to swerve if he was about to run you over. It is a complete waste of time engaging with you.

You might find it boring @Plant0x84 but you were the one saying get over it so far as Brexit is concerned and I gave you a legitimate response as to why millions cannot get over it. Your inability to find a rational defence for the actions of your messiah is not my problem.
Blaming SJR for Brexit is like blaming Jassim for all the homosexuals being persecuted in Qatar.

It’s crazy to think that one day we will actually find out what is going to happen. Really doesn’t feel like it at the moment.
This encapsulates exactly how I'm feeling about this right now and also how the Glazers end up making me feel about pretty much any other 'deal' saga (usually transfers).

At least with transfers, there's deadlines, so even when we're inevitably disappointed at that point, we know the outcome and the hope can die

I suspect he probably supported Brexit because he believed he could make money out of it, like a lot of rich cnuts did.

He most likely supported Brexit for similar reasons most English people in his age bracket supported it, which were mostly abstract and vibe orientated.

Not everything has to be a conspiracy. He has probably lost money due to Brexit like a lot of other Brexit supporting business owners.

He most likely supported Brexit for similar reasons most English people in his age bracket supported it, which were mostly abstract and vibe orientated.

Not everything has to be a conspiracy. He has probably lost money due to Brexit like a lot of other Brexit supporting business owners.
Funny way of spelling racism.

I'd imagine that a billionaire who lives in Monaco for tax purposes, probably had financial motivation on his mind when it came to brexit

I think someone like Beckham will be given a role if Sheikh Jassim takes over. And I don't believe Beckham will have anything to do with the decision making side when it comes recruitment. He'll be someone that is likely to be given a role similar to other ex players at Real Madrid, Bayern at boardroom level.
Beckham would make sense due to his brand. But he’s role at Miami is bigger doubt he’d give it up.

Only ex players who come should do so because they have proven themselves eg EVS. Anyone from Class 92 or Rio etc would be a bad start. It’s time for a clean break. I appreciate AC Milan and many others have succeeded by hiring ex players. But there’s a sense of entitlement with our lot, maybe because United were not winning leagues before the 90s (excluding the Sir Matt Busby era in 50/60s) they think they put us on the map.

Whereas with Bayern, Milan, Barca etc the legends know the club was winning before they started playing.

His net worth in 2016 was listed as £3.2bn in the Sunday Times Rich List and then £6bn in 2022, so if he lost money due to Brexit he's hidden it well.

I love Beckham, my 2nd favourite United player after Keane and unless Rashford becomes almost as influential and successful (unlikely) I don’t see this ever changing.

But I really hope the only role Becks will get at United is ambassador/advertising and nothing to do with decision making.

Actually here I trust Becks more than the club. I think Jassim/JR may offer him a bigger role. But as Becks has so many other interests than just football he will probably/hopefully decline a more time consuming role.

Also he can’t be compared to Zidane. And I am not even talking about Zidane the manager. Just Zidane the club employee who tries to convince players to join Real, etc.
First of all Zidane wants to take time for it whereas Beckham has many other activities.
Then Becks isn’t really that charismatic. However as he is incredibly good looking and was such an inspirational player (through playing well and not really through talking) it didn’t really matter. But as soon as he opens his mouth since retirement honestly I could fall asleep.

Zidane however is incredibly charismatic. Always was. Both as a player and as a manager. If he is talking to you about football, Madrid, anything, you listen and get inspired. Even if it doesn’t always make sense or you don’t agree, you listen and think about it. A bit like with SAF.

So no, Beckham shouldn’t be given a role similar to the one Zidane had.

Don't think anyone was blaming him for it, just pointing out that his views and actions concerning Brexit tell you a lot about who he actually is and it sure as hell is not the benevolent son of Manchester some would have you believe.

Does it bollocks tell you much about who he is.

Beckham would make sense due to his brand. But he’s role at Miami is bigger doubt he’d give it up.
His role at Miami is largely a figurehead. He is an absentee owner. I love the guy, and I know he has lots of other things going on, so I'm not bashing him, but he's not very involved in Inter Miami.

His role at Miami is largely a figurehead. He is an absentee owner. I love the guy, and I know he has lots of other things going on, so I'm not bashing him, but he's not very involved in Inter Miami.
Ahh didn’t know that. Thought it was his project and he was more active.

Status
Not open for further replies.